Unofficial Preview Round 2, 2019: Changes/pre-match discussion vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUT: EVW (injured), Cunners (apparently suspended), Macmillan (omitted), McDonald (omitted)
IN: Thompson (to replace EVW), Ahern (to replace Cunners), Murphy (to replace JMac), Thomas (Atley to halfback to replace LMac, Thomas forward).

Maybe Larkey for Wood.

But it will probably be just Thompson and Ahern for EVW and Cunners.

Last edited:
out: Macmillan, Pittard, EVW
in: Ahern, Thompson, Murphy

Williams Tarrant McKay
Atley Thompson Scott
Hall Tyson Polec
Ziebell Wood Ahern
Simpkin Brown Turner
Goldy Higgins Cunners
McDonald LDU Dumont Murphy

I was complaining about McMillan at times as a reflex reaction. The truth is, apart from Bailey, he was our best player today.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If this campaigner doesn’t make a statement at selection this week - he better have his resignation ready to go.

Jmac is a liability 1 on 1 and now with ball in hand
Wood looks like Casper and plays like
Simpkin/turner together equal jack Lonie output ffs
Lmac is a nothing player.

Bring in Thomas ,Thompson , Murphy , Ahern and larkey

Out

Evw, Jmac, Lmac , Wood , turner

If this campaigner doesn’t make a statement at selection this week - he better have his resignation ready to go.

Jmac is a liability 1 on 1 and now with ball in hand
Wood looks like Casper and plays like
Simpkin/turner together equal jack Lonie output ffs
Lmac is a nothing player.

Bring in Thomas ,Thompson , Murphy , Ahern and larkey

Out

Evw, Jmac, Lmac , Wood , turner
I would cut JMac some slack. There was so much ball coming into the backline, it would have been impossible for anyone to stem the tide, and mistakes were bound to happen.

The midfield is where the issue lies. ******* woeful performance and clearance rate. Fix that and the backs look a tonne better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was complaining about McMillan at times as a reflex reaction. The truth is, apart from Bailey, he was our best player today.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
When the team is so bad that even an average day from Jmac stands out. He was in a turnstile mood today and didn't look comfortable... can't blame him since he battled and midfield didn't provide enough pressure for him to play well.

Very uneasy feelings in that selection committee right now.

You’d think Thompson and Ahern are certainties for EVW and Cunnington.

Then there is Wood, Simpkin, Turner, McDonald, Pittard and Williams etc to deal with.

Very unlikely my suggestions are reality and I’d love if Garner, Anderson and Jacobs were realistic options at the moment, but they aren’t.

We need to turf McDonald, Williams and Pittard but we realistically don’t have anyone else at the moment until Crocker and McKenzie get match fit, we can at least start with cleaning out the half forwards:

In: Thompson, Ahern, Thomas (debut), Watson (debut), Taylor (debut).

Out: EVW (inj), Cunnington (susp), Simpkin (omit), Turner (omit), Wood (omit).

Thomas, Watson and Taylor looked like the best medium forwards at the club in the intra club, nothing since has changed that view imo.

It's all well and good to jump on the usual McScapeGoats.

But let's call it as is with Mckay, Wood, Turner and Simpkin...

They are all s**t.

None should have been selected on preseason form and they serve up crap today. Shock horror.
Mckay just filling in time. Wood- turner haven’t improved over the years and Simpkin should have never been picked to play, not good enough, likes to dance a lot when he gets the ball, that’s when he gets the ball!😉😜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back