Unofficial Preview Round 2, 2019: Changes/pre-match discussion vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

2. What? If he is a potential 10 year gun then play him.

3. Your naivety knows no bounds...break a contract - what - really - I never thought that could happen!

You want one of our best young prospects to break contract and leave because of a coach who will be gone in less than 2 years if he keeps going the way he is right now?

People who supposedly support this club shitting on its future because they are upset with the coach. Great.

Tom Campbell is playing his first game for us.

I meant nothing new in terms of what the club has been doing, we are going to field one of the oldest teams in the competition and that team wont be remotely close to a top 8 caliber side. So what is the point?

I agree with Wood being dropped, I feel Larkey should have replaced Wood though.

I think we need a #2 ruckman, I wish Campbell the best and hope he has a ripping game, but lets be realistic, he is unlikely going to be an overnight sensation and if the club is consistent then we will drop him at the first opportunity if he negatively impacts Goldy, which will likely be the case if he has a good game. I hope he does enough to hold his spot, but Preuss was sensational at AFL level and it wasn't enough for him to keep his spot in the side so I am not sure if this is going to be a token game or not. We have done this before but never had the testicular fortitude to force Goldy to lift his game and adapt.

Even though EVW went down early last week, we still had several players who only racked up ToG in the 70s and only utilised 76 interchanges while Freo used all 90. We don't need 4 runners on the pine, I am happy to have Campbell on the pine and pinch hit up forward. Our bench is going to look like McDonald, Simpkin, LDU and Campbell/Hall/Turner. I'd rather have Ahern on the pine going into the middle than one of those options.

I am not sure how sustainable it is going to be to play Simpkin and Turner while we are pushing Hall and Scott up forward, even though it technically frees up Atley to go down back, we have kind of shot ourselves in the foot as Atley had established himself as a decent forward and he still can't run through a press when down back, he has no zig or zag.

I feel for Brad tbh because he doesn't have a lot of options, without Jacobs and Anderson in the middle, without Daw down back and so many other players injured or recovering from injury or had limited pre-seasons we are likely going to look shithouse until we can get near our best team on the park, despite the players we picked up, our depth is paper thin because we have 18 players under 23 years of age and only one of them has played more than a dozen games.

I don't want Brad to hold out for a brave mid table finish by denying kids games and filling the side with as much stodge as he can find, that is what Laidley did and it took us nowhere. If things have gone pear shaped injury-wise and fitness wise then back the kids in, keep real leaders in the side and have that core mature side but get rid of the do-nothing players and stick the talented kids in. I'd rather see Ahern, Taylor, Thomas, Scott, Walker, Larkey, Xerri in the side when fit (Xerri has OP), as long as our spine is mature and we have mature bodied inside mids then I'd rather see us develop the kids. Try to win with them, they are extremely talented and will surprise people. But if we have to have a bottom 4 finish because we are missing too many key players then look at why we can't get players up to speed in 6 months of pre-season and do what you can to get more of the talented kids up to speed.

You want one of our best young prospects to break contract and leave because of a coach who will be gone in less than 2 years if he keeps going the way he is right now?

People who supposedly support this club shitting on its future because they are upset with the coach. Great.
I want to see the bloke played and so called north people stop defending a coach of 10 years whose main attribute is presenting well at press conferences. Enough is Enough.

Getting harder and harder not to be reactionary as a supporter. You always try and take the long view - you see the week to week melts as understandable but ultimately adolescent emotional outpouring. You read Rick's posts and you see how it all fits together long term. You look at good average players playing their roles and appreciate structures and a side that never bottoms out. But * me I'd like to know why Ahern isn't playing. Maybe Scott 2019 = Laidley 2009. Out of ideas, and surely running out of time. I'll be there Sunday (thanks Ben Buckley) and so should youse all, but s**t if we don't change things up it's gonna be really, really ugly.

PS why the * isn't Ahern playing?????

Makes me feel a little annoyed to see Chayce Jones, a contemporary of Tarryn, playing and doing well, when we know Tarryn isn't being given a chance
Playing well? He nearly cost the crows the game several times and butchered the footy. Keep that powder dry on young Chayce.

Ahern does not fit Scotts view of what a player should be. He is too skillful, and creative, and he probably has strong views and opinions. To thrive under Scotts you need to be "a good person" and you need to listen and be a robot, being a good footballer is not important. If you have these qualities you are a candidate to be on Scotts favorites list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahern does not fit Scotts view of what a player should be. He is too skillful, and creative, and he probably has strong views and opinions. To thrive under Scotts you need to be "a good person" and you need to listen and be a robot, being a good footballer is not important. If you have these qualities you are a candidate to be on Scotts favorites list.

[Insert School Teacher quote from Billy Madison here]

i can't get over this. i feel sick. when did a north melbourne jumper become so meaningless that you can keep wearing it when you repeatedly show you aren't worthy of it?

brad scott has to go. we should vote with our feet and refuse to attend games until he's gone. the club's not going to die from a year's worth of low attendance. sometimes you need a little bit of accelerationism.

"We've got some youth that we'd like to bring in at some point, but I didn't suspect it would be this early, but it may."

Brings in a 28 and 31 year old...

That was a throwaway line by him after the game. In reality the youth isn’t really ready to play

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bring Simpson home. No more "assistants" from other clubs. We need a mature established coach.

I know it wouldn’t be an easy thing to pull off, but can you imagine what it would do for the image of the club for a premiership coach of the richest club in the land to come out and say: “I am leaving to coach North”

Makes me feel a little annoyed to see Chayce Jones, a contemporary of Tarryn, playing and doing well, when we know Tarryn isn't being given a chance
Can't risk 18 year olds mate. Look at what happened to Port last weekend.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

i can't get over this. i feel sick. when did a north melbourne jumper become so meaningless that you can keep wearing it when you repeatedly show you aren't worthy of it?

brad scott has to go. we should vote with our feet and refuse to attend games until he's gone. the club's not going to die from a year's worth of low attendance. sometimes you need a little bit of accelerationism.

Can’t agree with this. Our club is always on the knife’s edge in this national contention. If you want to have a team to support, I’m sorry but non-attendance isn’t an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back