Preview Round 2, 2019: Essendon v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30th March, 4:35PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 67.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'll rephrase that, micro-genital, uber-maggot with an increased estimation of his own importance. Maybe he did maybe he didn't, may-be he was sensing the situation getting out of hand as far as a melee went and just got deliberately punitive believing he'd calm the situation by unfairly punishing the first guy saw.

Ha ha, brilliant. "Micro-genital, uber-maggot." Thanks dude, I'm stealing that one 👍

I hope you're right Premo, but unless Freo come back to the pack this week, I see next week as likely to be a much tougher assignment.

This week looks very very winnable IMO tho.

I expect we'll need to play better than we did last week in order to win, but that's not that hard, given we had a snooze for much of the 2nd half last week, and have picked what I consider to be a stronger and definitely more experienced team this week.
Of course we can get flogged by them if we don't get our cohesion right and this starts against the Bombers , we finally have fit marking talls and dangerous forwards with Parker , Gresham and with the hardness of Kent.

After our first game things will actually get better - our backline with having Brown back will make it solid , McKenzie , Webster are true defenders and with Battle and Wilkie we have marking power in our back half.
Billings has come of age , Steven is back , Ross is playing good football and Acres is back.
Marshall just has to make a contest in the ruck and then expose there rucks around the ground.
Marshall can mark and picks up a lot of touches.

It will be a tough game because they played so poorly last week and if they have any pride they will come out on fire.

Even one of the biggest w***ers in AFL media gets it.

Another classic wind up from the twisted purple shitbag. His objective is to get Saints fans unhappy with the club. It's so clear now that it boggles the mind how he is permitted to voice his opinions. I'm certainly not insecure enough to worry about the things he insist are critical for our club.

Hunter Clark is a fine player, the club knows it, the player knows it, most of the fans know it. He'll be staring for us soon enough, but right now he needs to get an AFL body and there are other players who are suited up and ready for battle. They might not be as good as Hunter but they will get a number of games, because the Saints team selection generally goes in blocks of 4-6 games, that's been Richo's preference since he took charge. I don't have a problem with it.

We won last week without him, we'll probably win this week without him too. He is not an idiot and neither is Nick Coffield, not likely to chuck their toys out of the pram based on not being selected.

Another classic wind up from the twisted purple shitbag. His objective is to get Saints fans unhappy with the club. It's so clear now that it boggles the mind how he is permitted to voice his opinions. I'm certainly not insecure enough to worry about the things he insist are critical for our club.

Hunter Clark is a fine player, the club knows it, the player knows it, most of the fans know it. He'll be staring for us soon enough, but right now he needs to get an AFL body and there are other players who are suited up and ready for battle. They might not be as good as Hunter but they will get a number of games, because the Saints team selection generally goes in blocks of 4-6 games, that's been Richo's preference since he took charge. I don't have a problem with it.

We won last week without him, we'll probably win this week without him too. He is not an idiot and neither is Nick Coffield, not likely to chuck their toys out of the pram based on not being selected.
Trolls like Purple sift through this forum and other social Media for ideas.

He only reads back what we say...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't exactly have any elite back flankers, definitely not now Robbo is gone.

I'd prefer an elite back flankers over another average mid

We don't know if Coffield will be any better yet. I think that is pretty much across the board at the Saints. We have zero elite players and one A grader and some potentials. I reckon last weeks game was probably the worst 44 AFL players to take to a field in any match since Fitzroy was still in the comp. Jack Steven was the most accomplished player form either side by a fair margin.

We have a very suspect defence but last week we scraped a win with about 3 players playing their best footy. If we can get our players to play their best they can win with a good system but need everyone to put in 100%.

In fact the IPF has now morphed from vindictive and unprofessional into comical. Let's have an IPF Watch thread. It could be very entertaining. Laughing at his lame attempts to annoy Satan. Lethers must lay awake at night, trembling with fear as he ponders what the IPF comes up with next. As the great orator Keating once quipped, "Being attacked by him is like being mauled by a dead sheep."

I marvel at his hopeless attempts to make up the news rather than report it. Personally, I'm being royally entertained by this goose. The pock marked prince of purple perversion.

Really looking forward to tomorrows game. If anyone is going please turn up earlier to make sure you get a seat, as it's an Essendon home game we are predicting over 40,000 will be at the ground. We had big crowds against the Bombers last year, too.

Again I will say that I really like the three inclusions to the side this weekend. It makes for a stronger group overall. I feel much more confident in having Nathan Brown back there in defense. He has had an absolutely unbelievable pre-season, in the best shape of his career and will be good for us down back.

I don't know what it is with Essendon lately but they clearly haven't been themselves and it's a perfect opportunity for us to go 2-0 here.

I was at training today for a little bit and again the day before. Boys look a lot more relaxed than previous weeks. That feeling of anxiety/stress has dissipated. I think it's a good thing...obviously a lot was riding on our performance and subsequent result in Round 1, so to put that now behind us with a win and move on should be a positive for the group.

Above all else though I think that a win tomorrow will really get the fan base back on board. It would be a big early scalp for us in a year where the first half of the fixture is as difficult as any side in the competition.

Daniher for them is a massive out, too. Gives our backs a little bit more freedom and I think we'll see it come out in our play - I think more broadly that the entire side will play this way. A bit more attacking, a bit more confidence with ball in hand.

It's always a big day when we play the Bombers. I am quietly confident that we can do the business here. What a morale boost it would be for the entire club. Players and supporters alike. Fingers crossed!

Give the man credit for diversifying. First time in weeks he has written something about us not directly related to Hannebery.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to tomorrows game. If anyone is going please turn up earlier to make sure you get a seat, as it's an Essendon home game we are predicting over 40,000 will be at the ground. We had big crowds against the Bombers last year, too.

Again I will say that I really like the three inclusions to the side this weekend. It makes for a stronger group overall. I feel much more confident in having Nathan Brown back there in defense. He has had an absolutely unbelievable pre-season, in the best shape of his career and will be good for us down back.

I don't know what it is with Essendon lately but they clearly haven't been themselves and it's a perfect opportunity for us to go 2-0 here.

I was at training today for a little bit and again the day before. Boys look a lot more relaxed than previous weeks. That feeling of anxiety/stress has dissipated. I think it's a good thing...obviously a lot was riding on our performance and subsequent result in Round 1, so to put that now behind us with a win and move on should be a positive for the group.

Above all else though I think that a win tomorrow will really get the fan base back on board. It would be a big early scalp for us in a year where the first half of the fixture is as difficult as any side in the competition.

Daniher for them is a massive out, too. Gives our backs a little bit more freedom and I think we'll see it come out in our play - I think more broadly that the entire side will play this way. A bit more attacking, a bit more confidence with ball in hand.

It's always a big day when we play the Bombers. I am quietly confident that we can do the business here. What a morale boost it would be for the entire club. Players and supporters alike. Fingers crossed!

Going with a friend.
Have booked seats.......eight seats away from where my Bombers’ supporting family sit!
I’m begging the boys to do the right thing by me for the family derby....:praying:

If he's looking at our forum we best make sure we don't mention that we all think he's a dickhead

Oops

Sorry if it’s been posted already, but Richo’s rationale for Clark and Coffield not included:

Hunter Clark and Nick Coffield:

“I’d imagine our fans would want to hear as to why they’re not in our team, they’re both early draft selections, they’re going to be really good players for us. They’ve got a couple of things that they need to work on, there’s some blokes that play similar positions that are in better form, and we expect them to continue to work on their game and build strong form and get back in. As I said, they’re going to be really good players for us going forward.”

The whole article is worth a read actually. Good insight from the club across all the selection decisions:
https://m.saints.com.au/news/2019-0...-o9yNbab3mRnAz_Oyy6z58MXkqS2G2CZiycA9ShT_-ssg

just got kayo and watched the first half, first time i've seen the game on the screen. Two things, McKenzie is an absolute bull. He has a bit of Fyfe about him when the ball is there to be won, just grabs it and bursts through. Also his kicking has been perfect so far. I know he has a shocker last quarter. Second thing, Parker will be so important to our team going forward, the way we were talking about Long last year with his pressure and presence that makes defenders constantly second guess themselves - Parker is like Long on steroids, we should extend his contract ASAP, he could seriously be a star for us.

Also the free against Long was bloody ridiculous, the suns dude did the exact same thing a moment before, right infront of the ump. However I understand why Long hasn't retained his spot, he hasn't been as good as I thought on the day. But not terrible.

Also makes sense we keep Dunstan in the team given how terrible we were in the square during the first. When your ruck situation is that bad you can't be dropping one of your better inside mids, but hopefully Marshall/Longer will come good and we can take a chance on Clark soon...

Sorry if it’s been posted already, but Richo’s rationale for Clark and Coffield not included:

Hunter Clark and Nick Coffield:

“I’d imagine our fans would want to hear as to why they’re not in our team, they’re both early draft selections, they’re going to be really good players for us. They’ve got a couple of things that they need to work on, there’s some blokes that play similar positions that are in better form, and we expect them to continue to work on their game and build strong form and get back in. As I said, they’re going to be really good players for us going forward.”

The whole article is worth a read actually. Good insight from the club across all the selection decisions:
https://m.saints.com.au/news/2019-0...-o9yNbab3mRnAz_Oyy6z58MXkqS2G2CZiycA9ShT_-ssg
We have to give Richardson a break here , he is no-way in total control of everyone selected , if it was Armitage would be playing.
If our selection panel pick players we just have to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back