Preview Round 2, 2019 - North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this fan expresses how the players feel as well - heads will go down early if they lose control of the match.

If we win this week it won’t be based on anything Scott has brought to the table, it will either be the players have played out of their skins or the Lions have ****** up.

Having Brad Scott as you coach is handicapping the potential of this club.

WHAT!!!!

NUNEZ!!!

You didn't tip us? You evil bastard.....I'm crushed :(

Have decided to swap back to Brisbane. * it. If the players are all in then so am I!

Good to see our opposition reacting to us at the selection table by bringing in another ruckmen.

Mason Wood has been good against us a couple of times so glad to see him as an out as well.

Good to see our opposition reacting to us at the selection table by bringing in another ruckmen.

Mason Wood has been good against us a couple of times so glad to see him as an out as well.

I am perplexed. Did he even watch your side play last week?

If he's brought in Tom Campbell to kick down the line, then he's not coaching North, he's coaching Brisbane.

Their selections are partly why I've swapped back to us. How do they expect to win in the midfield battle?

If he's brought in Tom Campbell to kick down the line, then he's not coaching North, he's coaching Brisbane.
Hi Snake, good to see you on the good guys board instead of the other s**t fight section of BF I usually see you. What was Scott Thompson's injury, is he coming in underdone, what was his pre season like?

I had Ahern pencilled in for you guys. Why did he not get recalled?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Snake, good to see you on the good guys board instead of the other s**t fight section of BF I usually see you. What was Scott Thompson's injury, is he coming in underdone, what was his pre season like?

1 week suspension mate.

I had Ahern pencilled in for you guys. Why did he not get recalled?

1) So did I.
2) No one knows and no one's saying. The whisper is that it's his defensive work rate.

Their selections are partly why I've swapped back to us. How do they expect to win in the midfield battle?

I suspect Campbell is there to play forward and draw Walker in to defence. Hodge & Rich aren't exactly quick and Atley will curb one of either Bailey or Witherden. Gardiner will take Ziebell. I think the idea is to draw away any assisting cover for Andrews on Brown, and to slow Brisbane down at that end of the ground on the rebound.

Campbell will occasionally chop out Goldstein for 4-6 minutes a quarter. Goldstein does have elite endurance for a ruck (96% TOG last week, whilst holding his own against Darcy & Lobb), so he'll keep Martin & McInerney occupied.

At least that's my take.

I suspect Campbell is there to play forward and draw Walker in to defence. Hodge & Rich aren't exactly quick and Atley will curb one of either Bailey or Witherden. Gardiner will take Ziebell. I think the idea is to draw away any assisting cover for Andrews on Brown, and to slow Brisbane down at that end of the ground on the rebound.

Campbell will occasionally chop out Goldstein for 4-6 minutes a quarter. Goldstein does have elite endurance for a ruck (96% TOG last week, whilst holding his own against Darcy & Lobb), so he'll keep Martin & McInerney occupied.

At least that's my take.
Walker always plays defence...

Walker always plays defence...

Campbell keeps him occupied. Walker was your 2nd highest bloke in 1%ers last week.

Andrews's 17 was flat out amazing, but if Browny is presenting well then I hope we can limit his impact..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back