Preview Round 2, 2019 - North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckon Zorko or Neale will get the Brady Rawlings tag?

I think North will follow the standard formula and tag Zorko just like WCE used Hutchings on him in the first half. That left Neale to rack up a lazy 20 before Simpson conceded and shifted Hutchings to Neale.

As long as Zorko plays his role and works hard (and keeps his cool) things will fall his way eventually. As they did last week.

I think that's why Fages is such a good coach......he's sold the message of role playing for the benefit of the team and it's up to the captain to set the example.

Maybe this is a bit of an exaggeration but I feel this is a must win game, we must start to beat teams around or just above us, it’s time. After last week when they put it all together and last year’s consistency without the W’s, it’s got to be now.

I think our boys can do it. It’s a should win. Despite being away, despite being a team that’s had our number for years, a step back due to complacency should be seen as a failure.

I don’t think they’ll be complacent. Fages says they are hungry for wins, hope the mindset is they are going in as underdogs again.

I think North will follow the standard formula and tag Zorko just like WCE used Hutchings on him in the first half. That left Neale to rack up a lazy 20 before Simpson conceded and shifted Hutchings to Neale.

As long as Zorko plays his role and works hard (and keeps his cool) things will fall his way eventually. As they did last week.

I think that's why Fages is such a good coach......he's sold the message of role playing for the benefit of the team and it's up to the captain to set the example.

Will be interesting to see if Zorko's best pal Touk Miller tags Neale

If Nick Robbo comes in for Walker because of height things, I'm confident he'll do a great job. His disposal and decision making improved a lot in the last half of last year.
Yes I don’t think it’s nearly as bad as some have alluded to

Think your boys have got our number this weekend. We were a better team last year than we are this year, probably due to the 6-6-6 and the backline is just a mess.

I welcome this loss as an excuse to put the pressure on the club and coach. I'm sick of the s**t we've been drubbing up lately, all talk, no bite.

Lot to like about Brisbane, I wouldn't be taking this game lightly even at home. We got real lucky last time at the Gabba.

Reckon Zorko or Neale will get the Brady Rawlings tag?
After the first quarter, I thought Zorko was great last weekend. He broke his tag and played some really strong and damaging football. If North tag him, I have some confidence in his ability to break it.

Maybe this is a bit of an exaggeration but I feel this is a must win game, we must start to beat teams around or just above us, it’s time. After last week when they put it all together and last year’s consistency without the W’s, it’s got to be now.

I think our boys can do it. It’s a should win. Despite being away, despite being a team that’s had our number for years, a step back due to complacency should be seen as a failure.

I don’t think they’ll be complacent. Fages says they are hungry for wins, hope the mindset is they are going in as underdogs again.

It's top 4 versus bottom 4. We need to learn how to not drop games to teams so far below us.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m looking at their list and honestly not seeing any areas they’re better than us at. Obviously Ben Brown is an elite player, although nothing Lord Harris can’t handle. There’s the Cunnington/Higgins duo although our recruiting and midfield development should equalise if not better their efforts. I just see a Backline for them that is going to hate Charlie Cameron/Lincoln ‘god’ McCarthy. That’s not even mentioning Hipwood and Rayner converting more opportunities up forward.

Overall I’m hoping for a 30-50 pt lions win, a close game will frustrate me although with our start and loss could be hard to handle... then again people predicted us losing our few games early so 1-1 is better than most predicted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoever plays on Brown needs to play in front as his strength is leading and getting arm chop frees. Might be a waste of Andrews being essentially a tagger where he could be third man up.

Think your boys have got our number this weekend. We were a better team last year than we are this year, probably due to the 6-6-6 and the backline is just a mess.

I welcome this loss as an excuse to put the pressure on the club and coach. I'm sick of the s**t we've been drubbing up lately, all talk, no bite.

Lot to like about Brisbane, I wouldn't be taking this game lightly even at home. We got real lucky last time at the Gabba.
There are five of your players who almost invariably do well against us and two are not playing tomorrow - Waite and Wood. The three others are Higgins, Cunnington and Ziebell. If we can at least neutralise them I think we will win and win well. If not it will be very close.

Macmillan is usually North's loose man in defence. Racks up possessions (37 last week in a losing side). We will need to play him closer than teams have been doing, possibly play Linc on him. Has the necessary chasing and tackling pressure.

North fans doing the "we suck so bad we're gonna get smashed" thing after one round.

Amazing to think how quickly fans write their team off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back