Review Round 2, 2019 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Carlton and its fans have a right to be miffed with this. Close, see-sawing game and only one player polls.

It was only close because of the rain.

It's beyond ridiculous that it's 2019 and a multi billion dollar professional sport like the AFL has a 'score review system' (term used very loosely) involving visually observing vision taken by standard television cameras, rewinding and fast forwarding attempting to see tiny detail in a hive of activity and zooming in on ever decreasing vision quality like they're trying to see something under a microscope. Invest in the technology or don't bother.

Following the logic through... for it to be fair and equitable across the competition, that equipment needs to be provided at all games, not just those being played at major grounds. They also need multiple cameras, not just one, to get a full view of any incident. Then there's the tech operators, both live capture and review.

The cost would add up significantly.

Well maybe Riley Bonner and DBJ can tell them that they provided 13 of those inside 50s between them.
My point is he seems to get certain players in his sights and is relentless in trying to find evidence to prove his point.
I can’t wait for Hammer to get back and yes it will most likely be Riley or DBJ who make way, but I see 2 young guys busting their gut for us and not a whole lot of appreciation.
When was the last time he posted footage of a good piece of play?
I like all of us get frustrated at players but as long as they are putting it all out there I accept errors will be made.

So I wonder which coach gave DBJ 1 coaches vote?
Brendan (mock me) Bolton or Ken (at your peril) Hinkley

So I wonder which coach gave DBJ 1 coaches vote?
Brendan (mock me) Bolton or Ken (at your peril) Hinkley

He got 1 vote for his work up the ground, which I said was excellent. He sure didn’t get it for his work in defensive 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on Kenny for highlighting the very incorrect free paid against Lycett in that game for minimal contact.
AFL360? If so more that Gerard and Robbo asked what he and Brad Scott thought of it and the similar Sicily one. Interesting both coaches didn't hesitate to disagree with the decisions. Are they given leeway before fines kick in now?

Coobk001 was that more than 5 steps from Willem Drew?
Absolutely! Probably the first time since he's been at the club, and a reflection of how well he played on Saturday and how well he is playing. Has come from the clouds and I couldn't be happier for him.

Me again, thought Weitering should have gotten at least 1 vote
Weitering played very well shutting down Westhoff as I saw it. That's sort of a thankless role in that you usually don't get lots of stats and kudos except inside the club. But IMO any of Phillips, Petrevski-Seaton, Walsh and McKay wouldn't have raised eyebrows if they'd a vote or two.

Kicking to Motlop was the right call. Marshall was running to the pocket, turning inside later on, while Motlop went towards the goal square. Motlop was also further away from his defender than Marshall.

Drew could have bounced, he tested the umpires there, but, overall it was a perfectly executed play by all people involved.

It was only close because of the rain.

We have and continue to be an iffy team in the wet which as a long time supporter really erks me to the hilt but also I felt that this inability to put the game out of Carlton's reach was reminiscent of what we've been like for some years with the exception of the new players skills managing to deal with a close game better.

Kicking to Motlop was the right call. Marshall was running to the pocket, turning inside later on, while Motlop went towards the goal square. Motlop was also further away from his defender than Marshall.

Drew could have bounced, he tested the umpires there, but, overall it was a perfectly executed play by all people involved.
Also very good skills by Duursma.... wasn't a straight forward collect/mark, below knee level and wet ball at speed followed by a perfectly execute long kick to Motlop...This kid excites me and he covers some ground at SPEED...I think he is going to be a beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back