Preview Round 2, 2020: Geelong v Hawthorn, 12 June 2020, 7.50pm @ GMBHA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours there will be 0.

You never knock back a flag, but this could be a hollow one.

FFS This sort of talk is ridiculous. Anyone who says this season shouldn't count needs to take a walk through the history books.
Look at anything up to 1925 to see premierships that are at best equivalent in terms of games per team, with far less teams in the comp, compromised finals, the challenge rule etc.

Patton and Taylor will keep each other busy. Though I think that Patton is his kind of matchup now given he's less mobile than he used to be.

Like him or not, Taylor has been one of the great CHB's over the course of his career, but he was looking likes he's on the wrong side of medium-well last year so hopefully he doesn't have any magic left for us.

Lewis on the lead would give him more issues IMO, though I imagine that's who Blicavs would get as he is very mobile.

Out of all of them IMO it's Stewart we really need to make accountable. He's great and a solid matchup for Gunston or TOB. They need to push him up the ground a bit and get him away from trying to go third man up.

Hopefully our midfield of Mitchell, Worpel, JOM, Wingard and Shiels are up for it - they're all very good to great in close so maybe the dimensions would suit them a little? More chance for Wingard to be around that ball is exciting.

Impey is fit for selection? Is this his scheduled return date or he looking at an early return?

If he his back then im very excited, he and chad are very exciting to watch

Patton and Taylor will keep each other busy. Though I think that Patton is his kind of matchup now given he's less mobile than he used to be.

Like him or not, Taylor has been one of the great CHB's over the course of his career, but he was looking likes he's on the wrong side of medium-well last year so hopefully he doesn't have any magic left for us.

Lewis on the lead would give him more issues IMO, though I imagine that's who Blicavs would get as he is very mobile.

Out of all of them IMO it's Stewart we really need to make accountable. He's great and a solid matchup for Gunston or TOB. They need to push him up the ground a bit and get him away from trying to go third man up.

Hopefully our midfield of Mitchell, Worpel, JOM, Wingard and Shiels are up for it - they're all very good to great in close so maybe the dimensions would suit them a little? More chance for Wingard to be around that ball is exciting.

we like Taylor. i reckon hawks will go full strength for the first block of games. tho if hardwick in in for morrison the 28y1m average goes up by a month

Last time at this venue...

A couple of things to note from that 17 mins of footage:

• Campbell Brown had about 10 one percenters (we need another Brown type desperately)

• Sam Mitchell’s vision to hit Brown on the chest (4 minute mark)

• You knew it was a guaranteed goal when it was Shotgun’s hands anywhere from 40 out

• Only Cam Mooney could look like an absolute putz multiple times in 17 mins of footage

• Kingsley 😂

We can actually use their ground to our advantage .
We have weeks to prepare , best coach going and we are always one of the better organised teams system wise.

I can see us really stifling them if we are on our game . I'm not really worried about it being at their ground.

We are good enough to beat them there. Not result would suprise me tbh .

I reckon we are really good chance in this one. Weeks to prepare for the ground size, hopefully we will be able to really stifle their ball movement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it Round 22 that year we played them at the Telstra Dome and rolled them big time? I remember watching that as a youngster and loving that. What a couple of years that was.
Yes indeed.
Hawthorn21.7 (133)Geelong10.12 (72)Telstra Dome28,188Sunday, 3 September

Beat them by a combined figure of almost 20 goals that year....

A couple of things to note from that 17 mins of footage:

• Campbell Brown had about 10 one percenters (we need another Brown type desperately)

• Sam Mitchell’s vision to hit Brown on the chest (4 minute mark)

• You knew it was a guaranteed goal when it was Shotgun’s hands anywhere from 40 out

• Only Cam Mooney could look like an absolute putz multiple times in 17 mins of footage

• Kingsley 😂

Either kicking to leads or if you kick and hope, it might as well be at the big sticks. I like that plan

Was it Round 22 that year we played them at the Telstra Dome and rolled them big time? I remember watching that as a youngster and loving that. What a couple of years that was.

They'd just missed the finals after a draw. Reverted to 90s cats where only chappy gave a F

bigfooty round 2 2006:

Will be fine for our first game back and won't even miss any training...

Nice way to give me a heart attack Hawks media team

Will be fine for our first game back and won't even miss any training...

Nice way to give me a heart attack Hawks media team

This was such a non-event lol why did they even report it

FFS This sort of talk is ridiculous. Anyone who says this season shouldn't count needs to take a walk through the history books.
Look at anything up to 1925 to see premierships that are at best equivalent in terms of games per team, with far less teams in the comp, compromised finals, the challenge rule etc.
I'm just saying winning a GF in an empty stadium would be weird. Of course you take it, but we need fans there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back