Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Yes, but it will come down to how much contact training he gets. Knowing Clarko, he'll err on the side of caution.
Nah I reckon you’ll find JOM wears the helmet at training and then likely in round 2 and 3 just as a precaution. With only 17 games this season it’s imperative we field our best 22 every game.

Last time at this venue...

So many parallels to the 2008 GF there. The Brown outside 50 goal, Hodge handball received goal, Geelong wasting early opportunities, Hawks capitalising late in the third to name a few.

So many parallels to the 2008 GF there. The Brown outside 50 goal, Hodge handball received goal, Geelong wasting early opportunities, Hawks capitalising late in the third to name a few.

The move of Campbell Brown to the forward-line in the second half of 2008 by Clarkson was a masterstroke. :D

Hopefully we get 6 on the interchange so guys like Scrimshaw and maybe even Maginness can fit into the side.
Hopefully not, 16 minute quarters and extra players, imo will do nothing to ease congestion but only add to it. If ever there was a time to reduce the bench numbers, it is now.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks captain obvious.. I suppose being one of our greatest ever players and a club legend, he’d never be privy to any information huh? 🤦‍♂️
He isn’t representing the club in any offical capacity. You can’t blame the club if he goes off message.

if he is privy to inside info and he says omeara will play ie that the club believe he will play, how is the club lying?

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I really believe in where our team is headed and I think we‘ve got at least another 2 gears of improvement from when we played Brisbane. Geelong on the other hand I feel are very one dimensional. I reckon we’ll tag Mitch Duncan and take our chances with Dangerflog beating us by foot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’m trying to figure out the reasoning behind playing McEvoy in defence. He’s coming off three consecutive career best seasons.

Wouldn’t McEvoy be better served as a marking key forward? For example if Ceglar is in the ruck and Patton is resting on the bench, why not put McEvoy at full forward? He has shown he can kick goals and also has the highest conversion rate of any Hawthorn player from set shots since 2015.

The worst part is the back six is already slow and lacks speed. There’s more then enough height down back. Frawley, Frost and Sicily can all play tall.
Back six looks even slower when we are playing Geelong who will probably just have Hawkins and Ratugolea swapping with Fort as talls up front with the rest being smalls/mediums.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Back six looks even slower when we are playing Geelong who will probably just have Hawkins and Ratugolea swapping with Fort as talls up front with the rest being smalls/mediums.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You can choke up any run at Kardinia Park for force teams to bomb it long to contests. Think going tall back works well, Geelong regularly play 3 or 4 tall defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back