Preview Round 2, 2020: Geelong v Hawthorn, 12 June 2020, 7.50pm @ GMBHA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got this feeling that when Finn steps in, he’ll slot straight in and be right at home from the word go. He’ll hit the ground running and be a star from the get go.

100%.. Finn and Worps will be a dynamic duo for the next 10-12 years, we’ve also got Titch and Jags in their prime, supported by Shiels/Chad plus I have really high confidence that Harry Jones will be a player too.

Mitch MUST play, if fit. He's ahead of ToB. Cegs 1st ruck, BB down back.

I Can't wait to see if it all works out. Our spine - Frawley,Mcevoy,Cegs,Lewis,Patton

The Small fwds will need to perform and be on there game, to lock the ball in and provide the pressure acts to complement the talls! Richmond do it best

100%.. Finn and Worps will be a dynamic duo for the next 10-12 years, we’ve also got Titch and Jags in their prime, supported by Shiels/Chad plus I have really high confidence that Harry Jones will be a player too.

Conor Downie as the NGA player coming in this year as well. The last piece of the puzzle.

I'm excited. We're building something very special again, I can just feel it. We won't win the flag this year, and probably not next either, but we'll play finals and be in contention again by the last year of Clarko's contract.....
First step is to finish top 4 and from there anything can happen. Many are premierships have been won by teams that weren’t the best team all year but stepped up to the occasion on GF day. I reckon we have the kind of team that can pull off an upset of a season especially with our new found depth oh and the short fella in the coaches box.

B: Stratton Frawley Scrimshaw
HB: Hardwick Frost Sicily
C: Smith Worpel Scully
HF: Gunston Lewis Wingard
F: Bruest Patton Burgoyne
Fol: McEvoy Mitchell O’Meara/Maginness
Int: Sheils Henderson Puopolo TOB

If feel for Ceglar but with the short quarters BB can ruck all day with TOB giving a chop out. Hawks by 19.

B: Stratton Frawley Scrimshaw
HB: Hardwick Frost Sicily
C: Smith Worpel Scully
HF: Gunston Lewis Wingard
F: Bruest Patton Burgoyne

Fol: McEvoy Mitchell O’Meara/Maginness
Int: Sheils Henderson Puopolo TOB

If feel for Ceglar but with the short quarters BB can ruck all day with TOB giving a chop out. Hawks by 19.
If Lewis steps up like we all know he can and will, that forward line is SCARY.

The biggest issue will be the shape of the ground, Geelong's game is built around it being thin, they like to have extras a kick behind play and with the ground being so thin its hard to run through their zone so you end up kicking to the extras and they intercept mark.

Not sure what the solution is though, at the G you can switch on them, much harder here. Maybe go tall and just beat them at their own game. It wont be pretty, games there rarely are.

The biggest issue will be the shape of the ground, Geelong's game is built around it being thin, they like to have extras a kick behind play and with the ground being so thin its hard to run through their zone so you end up kicking to the extras and they intercept mark.

Not sure what the solution is though, at the G you can switch on them, much harder here. Maybe go tall and just beat them at their own game. It wont be pretty, games there rarely are.
Yep. If we let Taylor and Stewart intercept all night, it's gonna be a long night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on, plus Will Day will become an exciting midfielder aswell.

Have we heard how Will Day is coming along
Haven’t heard anything and it must be even more disappointing for the first year players hoping to establish themselves to have their first season unfold the way it has. Really looking forward to his development. Will fill out to a good size, has exceptional skills and has stated that he wants to be a midfielder.

Yep. If we let Taylor and Stewart intercept all night, it's gonna be a long night.
Taylor will have his hands full with either Lewis or Patton. Can't see much intercepting going on there TBH. Stewart will be the 1 they will try to float around doing what he likes just as Sicily will for us. I'd be looking to put a defensive forward on Stewart so we curtail his influence somewhat. Someone that can draw the ball and can take a mark. They will have issues controlling everyone down there it's a bloody dangerous setup.

Haven’t heard anything and it must be even more disappointing for the first year players hoping to establish themselves to have their first season unfold the way it has. Really looking forward to his development. Will fill out to a good size, has exceptional skills and has stated that he wants to be a midfielder.
Hopefully he has a home gym

Taylor will have his hands full with either Lewis or Patton. Can't see much intercepting going on there TBH. Stewart will be the 1 they will try to float around doing what he likes just as Sicily will for us. I'd be looking to put a defensive forward on Stewart so we curtail his influence somewhat. Someone that can draw the ball and can take a mark. They will have issues controlling everyone down there it's a bloody dangerous setup.
Agree. Play a dangerous fwd line and have them react to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back