Preview Round 2, 2020: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 14th June, 6:05PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well drilled team will always have an advantage, however i think this will have less of an impact in shorter quarters and games. The red time is when the good/well drilled team usually put other teams to the sword by carving up their structures etc when the pressure drops off. With the games being shorter, teams that are fitter and can maintain that pressure for the full quarter will be the big winners. Again older teams will imo struggle if they have to back up game after game especially after the interruption that we have had. The bodies overall will be softer due to hardly any contact training and injuries and how they back up will be the biggest advantages.

I think the big advantage we have in a corona season is that are used to having to develop our own momentum. Collingwood players must find it hard to adjust to no crowds carrying their enthusiasm.

0 and 5 is my guess.

pies and richmond probably beyond us.

dogs and carlton the winnable ones but after the performance against north which was utterly disgraceful coupled with our results last year, i can't see us beating either.

I'm not confident but I'd be very disappointed if we weren't at least close against Dogs and Blues.

carlton played tigers and beat us at the end of last year
dogs played pies and got thrashed.

we played norf, a bottom 4 side, against a bunch of kids, who were down 3 on the bench and got absolutely smashed for a half of footy.

if the dogs and carlton had disgraceful results then i'd love to hear your opinion on how we performed.

I never said our performance was good or something I want to see again. But to use to reasoning that our rd1 was 'disgraceful' so therefore should lose to two other teams who also had just as disgraceful rd1 showings is just another way for you to hate on the club rather than actually assess our chances in those games.

I never said our performance was good or something I want to see again. But to use to reasoning that our rd1 was 'disgraceful' so therefore should lose to two other teams who also had just as disgraceful rd1 showings is just another way for you to hate on the club rather than actually assess our chances in those games.

Dogs look much better on paper and should be ahead of us. I think them losing badly round 1 will make them want to make amends, I think that goes against us not for us. Carlton are mentally fragile and even with Teague they still find ways to be s**t that no other club can. I would say the Dogs should beat us, probably 60/40 their way. Carlton the opposite.

Dogs look much better on paper and should be ahead of us. I think them losing badly round 1 will make them want to make amends, I think that goes against us not for us. Carlton are mentally fragile and even with Teague they still find ways to be s**t that no other club can. I would say the Dogs should beat us, probably 60/40 their way. Carlton the opposite.
No Hunter for the Dogs, as their main wing, helps us with their stacked midfield. Steele will need to tag one of McCrae or Bont to prevent another Cunnington from rd1 situation.

Naughton is in doubt, which is good for us as well. I'd back Carlisle in against Bruce. Up forward for us, someone needs to tag JJ who usually torches us. Newnes did an excellent job last year so not sure who does it now.

And between Marshall and Ryder, we should have English and Bruce covered. Hopefully we can take advantage of the few minutes a quarter when Bruce rucks like so many have done to us recently.

We will also be wanted to make amends from rd1 - a quarter by quarter review of that game will be burned into their memory by now - so I would even that part out when comparing the clubs. The are a very emotionally driven club, so it could actually be the perfect time to play them before that emotion and momentum has built up for them.

With Carlton, it would be devastating to lose to them. I think we caught them at a bad time late last year - we were coming off the emotional Freo game carrying a few underdone passengers while they were celebrating some milestone/retirements and had just hired Teague that week. Membrey had a characteristically bad day accuracy wise yet we still almost one. Probably the only one we should go in favourites as, which would make it even worse to lose.

Not 1 free to air game in the next 4 rounds
Same old crap from the AFL and saints don’t get any compensation this year as well
What a joke !!!!!
Whoever rates will be on FTA this year. That simple.

Don't particularly care for the fixture or the timeslots. We will play every team once anyway, can't get much fairer than that.

Timeslots will go to the big clubs and rightly so given the circumstances. If it's going to help the league move forward and take less of a hit then I have no problem with it.

Looking forward to some football too, of course.

Don't particularly care for the fixture or the timeslots. We will play every team once anyway, can't get much fairer than that.

Timeslots will go to the big clubs and rightly so given the circumstances. If it's going to help the league move forward and take less of a hit then I have no problem with it.

Looking forward to some football too, of course.
And if we can play some good quality football and win some games, then we have the ability to be featured in some FTA timeslots in the back half of the fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Hunter for the Dogs, as their main wing, helps us with their stacked midfield. Steele will need to tag one of McCrae or Bont to prevent another Cunnington from rd1 situation.

Naughton is in doubt, which is good for us as well. I'd back Carlisle in against Bruce. Up forward for us, someone needs to tag JJ who usually torches us. Newnes did an excellent job last year so not sure who does it now.

And between Marshall and Ryder, we should have English and Bruce covered. Hopefully we can take advantage of the few minutes a quarter when Bruce rucks like so many have done to us recently.

We will also be wanted to make amends from rd1 - a quarter by quarter review of that game will be burned into their memory by now - so I would even that part out when comparing the clubs. The are a very emotionally driven club, so it could actually be the perfect time to play them before that emotion and momentum has built up for them.

With Carlton, it would be devastating to lose to them. I think we caught them at a bad time late last year - we were coming off the emotional Freo game carrying a few underdone passengers while they were celebrating some milestone/retirements and had just hired Teague that week. Membrey had a characteristically bad day accuracy wise yet we still almost one. Probably the only one we should go in favourites as, which would make it even worse to lose.

English and Marshal would be pretty even. Ryder on Bruce should work in our favour.

The so called "big" clubs, who also seem to have presidents with the biggest mouths, will get the prime time slots and the bulk of the free to air games. You can argue the justification for that from multiple angles and most people would see the realities of it.
However, while that basis for the scheduling remains in place, the big clubs and their mouthy presidents have no justification for arguing against the redistribution of AFL broadcast revenues and other equalisation measures. Prime time, free to air games equate to bigger and better sponsorship deals. Clubs like St Kilda, North and the Bulldogs are simply handicapped in their efforts to attract sponsorship dollars. So the AFL equalisation measures are not only necessary, they are totally justified. So Kennet and his ilk should simply STFU before crapping on about the viability of the "smaller" clubs.

Marshall was nearly BOG against English last year, think he’s got him covered.

English has played some good games. Hopefully he stays behind the Prospect.

Whenever we play the Filth they always have an extra days break on us. On some occasions have have played on a Friday night and we played on Sunday. OH WAIT, this year it's even worse. By the time we play the Dogs, Collingfilth have already had 3 days rest since they played Richmond. Gil, YOU'RE * E D.

I'll probably get a week's ban for cheating the swear filter but I don't give a flying *.

Might be a blessing in disguise getting more games at the MCG this year too.
Not sure getting games at the G this year with no crowds is going to help us in any way at all , Finals at the G with 70,000 plus is a different ball park if thats what you were getting at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back