Review Round 2, 2021 Fremantle Dockers v GWS Giants - Optus Stadium, Sunday 28 March, 6.10 pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't pay any attention to what the commentary is saying.

I believe last weeks slog took a lot out of both sides we couldn't run last night and now we are seeing it with you guys.

Giants are rebuilding sadly.

I knew the team would slide, once players like Shiel, Williams, Cameron, Wilson etc left.

We had a chance for a flag with the foundation squad, but blew it.

I don't pay any attention to what the commentary is saying.

I believe last weeks slog took a lot out of both sides we couldn't run last night and now we are seeing it with you guys.
Suns came off a 6 day break after playing in 35 degree heat in Perth and came out with huge intensity in the first half last night.
Whilst there may be some influence, I don't think this is a major influencing factor

Suns came off a 6 day break after playing in 35 degree heat in Perth and came out with huge intensity in the first half last night.
Whilst there may be some influence, I don't think this is a major influencing factor

Whilst true the suns also played arguably the wort team since the suns and giants first year teams. At home

So here’s the question.

Do we look any better today than we did against North in R2 last year?

It’s reasonable to expect that post-hub, post a full-offseason we just had to materially better.

But we’re not.

Our playing group’s ability is just not being realised, not even close.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't think Zach Sproule is up to it.
Doesn't to really seem able to play as a tall or a small. What are his strengths?

Also not sure what's going on with the midfield rotation.
Kelly didn't touch it 1st quarter
Taranto didn't touch it second quarter.

Something not right.
Any thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but it's been slowly happening every season, 1 player after another.

Foundation member here since the club was formed by the way.

That’s fine I wasn’t questioning your loyalty or anything.

Just saying that it’s not the players who have been gone for a bit.

We have the talent on the park. We have zip in the coaches box.

The fox analysis summed it up perfectly. We commit numbers to the contest, lose the contest and get destroyed on the outside. Exactly the same thing saints did last week

Cameron need to go.

But I will single out one positive, Brent Daniels being allowed to roam free. He is electric, should be given his licence to run every week. He makes things happen.

I don't even think we have the cattle anymore. Midfield is so slow, can't see where or how that changes. Cogs and Kelly locked in for the next 5 years on huge money (assume Kelly will opt in). God help us if they play like this

I don’t understand how they are walking the ball out of D50. Structures are horrible

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Leon has been a great servant of the club, will forever hold a place of respect in our history, and deserved the benefit of the doubt after all the performance and list disappointments of 2020.

For that reason, I believed that he was entitled to be given the first six rounds to show a turnaround at get to at/near 3 and 3.

However, these first two rounds suggest he’s lost the playing group.

The risk of a 1 and 5 or 0 and 6 start are becoming very real.

The Swans and Dogs will be itching to put us to the sword in the next few weeks.

For this reason, I cannot see any other option than an interim Head Coach for the remainder of 2021.

We just desperately need a circuit breaker.

For me, the only plausible option is Stevie J.

He will have the respect of Toby and other team leaders, and it’s going to be needed for a grinding winter ahead.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back