Review Round 2, 2021 Fremantle Dockers v GWS Giants - Optus Stadium, Sunday 28 March, 6.10 pm AEDT

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
I don't even think we have the cattle anymore. Midfield is so slow, can't see where or how that changes. Cogs and Kelly locked in for the next 5 years on huge money (assume Kelly will opt in). God help us if they play like this

Our midfield has been too slow for years, everyone but the dickheads in charge can see that. We are a very average team that will continue to dwindle until it’s a bona fide basket case. Then and only then will City Hall give two fu**s.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
The board aren’t fearful of their jobs as we have no say in who gets in and so they float along.

Jimmy Bartel needs to be the one to drive change.

He knows the season is spiraling out of control in a very ugly fashion.

I can understand why as a Director he may not be able to make a public comment post-match.

However, he has to push Tony Shepherd and Dave Matthew’s for an emergency board meeting.

It’s going to be a very embarrassing U-turn for the Board, but time to save the furniture.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
I may get abused by this and if you think I deserve it then go right ahead, but Taranto is really average. Sure he finds the footy but his kicking is subpar. No hurt factor. I would trade him if anyone is willing to cough up a 1st+2nd rounder. I guess whoever replaces him needs to develop and the process starts again, but I’ve had it with him.

Lazy bombs and no penetration, next...

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I may get abused by this and if you think I deserve it then go right ahead, but Taranto is really average. Sure he finds the footy but his kicking is subpar. No hurt factor. I would trade him if anyone is willing to cough up a 1st+2nd rounder. I guess whoever replaces him needs to develop and the process starts again, but I’ve had it with him.

Lazy bombs and no penetration, next...

That describes most of our mods though.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
If Fremantle FC were not completely and utterly incompetent they would have won this by 100. They’ve actually let us off the hook. This is a disgrace.

That’s the thing. All 20 behinds are just missed shots at goal

The thing that makes me pissed is the amount of players that don’t look like they care

That was what I saw last year too

It was not Covid it is a lot more than that. A lot of players that are not prepared to put in the effort for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
The thing that makes me pissed is the amount of players that don’t look like they care

That was what I saw last year too

It was not Covid it is a lot more than that. A lot of players that are not prepared to put in the effort for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There's an absence of leadership.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
That was quite convincingly the most embarrassing performance we've ever put in, an injury depleted Freo have made us look like auskickers

I know it's round 2, but holy *, we need change desperately, or we will be bottom 4

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Unfortunately, I can't see Jesse Hogan succeeding with this team whilst in disarray

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Unfortunately, I can't see Jesse Hogan succeeding with this team whilst in disarray

Hogan is the least of our concerns

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.
If Fremantle FC were not completely and utterly incompetent they would have won this by 100. They’ve actually let us off the hook. This is a disgrace.

OH to be Humble. There is such a term of " Depleted by injury"

Last edited:

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
There's an absence of leadership.

Chairman Tony Shepherd must act this week on Jimmy Bartel’a advice.

We can’t go to Manuka this weekend and get smashed by the Dees, a far better side than a depleted Freo.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back