Review Round 2, 2021 Fremantle Dockers v GWS Giants - Optus Stadium, Sunday 28 March, 6.10 pm AEDT

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
Should have kept pick 3, taken mcluggage. This obsession with getting higher picks is what has stuffed up the club, a long with poor coaching and injury management.
Yes sadly, but people seem to rate Taranto a lot (Vic kid, young enough, high kick, good ‘stats’), you could cash in there.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
R2 Post-Match: Leon Cameron https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/video/...-cameron?videoId=892670&modal=true&type=video

For me the most depressing Leon quote was “Finlayson sounded like he put his hand up [in the Reserves]”.

Injuries are frustrating, selection errors are self-harm.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Truly wretched performance. The excuse last year was the fact that the side didn't handle being in the hubs. Wonder what the 2021 version will be?

For those pulling their hair out re Kelly unfortunately he has no incentive to elevate his performance. He knows he's 100% safe as there are a shortage of speedy outside mids on the list and he's sitting on an ironclad $$$$ contract with a long term extension.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
What an embarrassing performance and yes I understand the angst with Cameron and he may have lost the players but they are the ones playing the game so equally it is their fault
I think a serious review needs to take place as to what is working and not working as their is a lack of effort by the players on the field
Without some serious change at the club they will be challenging for the wooden spoon this year and bottom 4 looks fairly certain and saying goodbye to some topline players who have had enough

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Look we joke sometimes it’s better for us if he is suspended but.
What exactly was he supposed to do here?

He was standing still and b*tch tears ran head 1st into him.
Oh, no, not according to the Freo faithful. He was Little Red Riding Fyfe tra-la-laing his way along the forest path looking at the butterflies when Big Bad Wolf-Reid jumped out from behind a tree and gobbled him up!

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Sam Reid’s defence should have been that he ‘identifies’ as Cotchin and he mistook Fyfe for Dylan Shiel.

Guaranteed to walk free from the VFL tribunal with that defence.

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
You won now go pleasure yourself on your own board about it.

The dope ran straight into someone else head on.
just pisses me off how awful opposition fans are to fyfe, granted i doubt he cares but its so frustrating that he doesn't get the respect he deserves and all anyone gives a s**t about is his haircut.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
b*tch tears? your captain is literally the biggest pussy b*tch in the AFL, there's a reason fyfe got concussed and coniglio didnt, cogs would never put himself in harms way.

Fyfe got cleaned up because he had shithouse awareness.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
just pisses me off how awful opposition fans are to fyfe, granted i doubt he cares but its so frustrating that he doesn't get the respect he deserves and all anyone gives a sh*t about is his haircut.

I couldn’t care less what pisses you off. He is a big boy he doesn’t need you defending his honour and this is our board.

I never said he wasn’t talented but he is a dope and someone else gets pinged for it.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
just pisses me off how awful opposition fans are to fyfe, granted i doubt he cares but its so frustrating that he doesn't get the respect he deserves and all anyone gives a sh*t about is his haircut.

Toby Greene sends his commiserations.

It must be truly, truly awful being Fyfe.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Schultz on Greene, nothing in the media though
IMG_1984.jpg

Must be Greene is tougher than the dope from the west that runs into players.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

The GIANTS have accepted Sam Reid’s two match suspension for rough conduct. The incident occurred between Reid and Fremantle captain Nat Fyfe during the third quarter of Sunday’s loss to the Dockers. Fyfe suffered a concussion and was subbed out of the game. Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, High Impact and High Contact.

“We’ve accepted the two-match suspension,” GIANTS General Manager of Football Jason McCartney said. “Sam maintains he never saw Nat and only braced for impact at the last second, however we understand that Nat did suffer a concussion as a result of the incident. Once the incident was classified as a bump rather than a brace, our advice was that there were limited options for us to challenge the suspension successfully. We understand the increased and necessary focus on any incidents that cause concussion or head-high contact and have accepted the two weeks.”

Maybe McCartney wants to see a younger player get a chance to play too. :cool:

Not too concerned with losing Sam per se, but the process is BS. As we've seen before when Giants players are involved with MRO decisions.

Back