Review Round 2, 2021 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We came storming back into the game and deserved to win.

Long season, we showed we’ve still got it. Should have won. Cut some of the deadwood and we’ll be right.

Such a shame we’re statistically certain to miss finals now. Onwards to 2022.

3 best midfielders missing and we still got the job done. Not to mention 6 of our best players out.
Look forward with even more confidence to meeting you later in the season

We had an injured ruckman, missing our 4 best players and played 6 players with less than 10 games. If that's the best your whinging boys played, we're not worried.

Disgraceful umpiring. Absolutely disgraceful. Embarrassing. You copped it all night but that last non decision is unbelievable

Great list, great work ethic, well coached

You will be there again when the whips are cracking.

Last edited:
They're hollow victories. North were robbed when Oscar got that free a couple of years back and we couldn't enjoy.
No they weren’t. Suitcase kicked another goal after that so even if we get rid of Oscar’s we still win that game. It’s sad that all focus is on Oscar’s free, when one just as flimsy was given to Brown just minutes earlier down the other end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That call should have just put the icing on the cake, but yeah.. what can you say. Too many missed shots too.

Nice work on the whole by Hippy, hope that gives him a confidence boost.

Some deplorable pressure and work by some players, just didn't seem to get firing.

Super glad we came out and mounted a chase, good to see we're not completely helpless this year.

Lyons I thought was good in the 2nd half, and Zorko kept trying.

Berry I was surprised with, too quiet at the start but came back strong.

Interesting to see what fines will come out of this match, I suspect a few stupid hits in close and off the ball will result in some money lost... stupid

No they weren’t. Suitcase kicked another goal after that so even if we get rid of Oscar’s we still win that game. It’s sad that all focus is on Oscar’s free, when one just as flimsy was given to Brown just minutes earlier down the other end.

After resetting from the middle. It was a hollow win for me anyway

If it's any consolation, it's not like Geelong are going to get close to winning a premiership anyway.
I can see why the big Victorian teams refuse to play down there.

F*cking cheating scum. AFL can get f’ed!! Absolutely orchestrated.

it must be so ******* easy being Geelong or any other Victorian team.

get f’ed AFL.
Except when one is playing in, say Qld, or WA, or SA, when the home town umps want to protect their houses, of course. :)

Lions were robbed by the 2nd worst ump in the comp. (#43 is the worst)

Back