Autopsy Round 2, 2021: Hawthorn defeated by Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I think today we can see why Collingwood weren't too upset losing Tom Phillips

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

29 points with Day mIssing last quarter and Chad, Sis and Gunner out.
Not a bad effort really.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They are just a very well oiled machine. Better game plan, better coached currently (don't @ me) and are all on the same page. Hopefully we get back there, but it will take time.

Bit harsh.
Just had a bad one today.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Playing two rucks against the quickest team in the competition was always going backfire. O’Brien should be the second ruck, with Lewis as the full forward and Koschitzke as the centre half forward.

Young team trying the play a game plan that the Tigers have been playing for years.

Cleaner possessions and disposals not putting the recipient under pressure, more intent when tackling to make them stick and we're approaching the standard required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How strong of u, 2 game sample size

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Happy with the effort, and lots of positive signs for a lot of the kids.

Really need some structure especially in the forward line, it all over the place.
But lots to work with

Over used the ball all day and that was the difference. Good signs across the field, but definitely a few things to work on!
Particularly pleased with Hardwick, Impey, Cj, Howe and Brockman today.
I expect we'll see a determined response next week.

It's amazing that even with rules designed to open up the game, Richmond makes it an unwatchable defensive scrap..

Loving our backline rebound and fighting spirit - competitive effort all round. Desperately miss Wingard and Gunston for some forward half class.
Our entry did this tbh- Richmond defense held up fine and we made their job easier at every opportunity.

We had a crack.. but just weren’t there at the start and let them get a 3 or 4 goal jump on us that we just couldn’t pull back.

Few issues there that we definitely need to fix as we rebuild this list- but we’re not drastically far off it..

Hoping the Day injury isn’t too serious
Scrimshaw, Lewis and possibly Downie should play next week

Richmond played poorly but champion teams can grind wins out. We can all attest to that.

Effort there but skill and polish missing. Can see the gameplan is unfolding and while the execution is frustrating it does excite me. Moving the ball much quicker than we did in the past.

Hope Day is ok. Ditto DGB as well.

Desperately need to figure out what to do with Worps.

Proud of the boys.Played out the game to the end.Clean up the decision making and the disposal efficiency and we will be competitive against anyone.
As for the tigers the pseudotoughness on the field and the pseudohumility off the field has opposition teams as well as umpires intimidated.A couple of defeats and they will quickly come back to the pack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back