Preview Round 2, 2021: Hawthorn v Richmond, 28 March 2021, 1.10pm @ Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a massive fan of going unchanged but I suppose the chances will come. It should be clearer over the next 2 weeks who can stand up and where our weaknesses are. Then Scrim, Lewis, Downie, Cuz etc will get looks.

Howe starting in the backline with Scrimshaw as a emergency just doesn’t sit right with me. Scrimshaw is highly skilled and one of our bright young prospects whilst Howe is a limited footballer with very little upside.

It's not about the quality or potential of the individual player it's simply where they sit entering Round 2. Scrimshaw is coming back from an injury hence not a certain inclusion.

I'm not a massive fan of going unchanged but I suppose the chances will come. It should be clearer over the next 2 weeks who can stand up and where our weaknesses are. Then Scrim, Lewis, Downie, Cuz etc will get looks.

if you play well the week before its fine

Howe offers little other than a crash and bash game.
We don't have alot of this in our current 22.
It might be of value against the bully boy tigers but it won't be enough in the long term.
We need to find physically brutal players with more to their game than Howe.
Nash has the size and speed but little else.
The list managers should be scouting the league for any cambell brown/micheal osbourne/max rooke/brent guerra/jack steel/dipper/dermie/hodgey...

Its actually a somewhat dieing trade. I'd still like a couple in our best 22.

Howe offers little other than a crash and bash game.
We don't have alot of this in our current 22.
It might be of value against the bully boy tigers but it won't be enough in the long term.
We need to find physically brutal players with more to their game than Howe.
Nash has the size and speed but little else.
The list managers should be scouting the league for any cambell brown/micheal osbourne/max rooke/brent guerra/jack steel/dipper/dermie/hodgey...

Its actually a somewhat dieing trade. I'd still like a couple in our best 22.

phillips Downie maginness have the size, the rest remains to be seen

I'm going to second everybody appalled by Scrimshaw's non-inclusion. And why? Because it's deja vu.

Tim O'Brien played his 79th career game last weekend, out of a possible 179! In terms of AFL exposure, he's equivalent to a player entering his fourth year. Tim would be the first to admit his form has often been indifferent over his career... but it hasn't been 100 games indifferent - that's just not prioritising your future talent. I doubt there is a player in the league who has sat out that many games. Maybe Jaeger, Curnow, Docherty... in other words players with multiple serious injuries.

Jack Scrimshaw has played 27 games of a possible 64 since being drafted. Some of that has been injury - but every time he has played a run of games he has improved, and is clearly one of the most talented of our young crop. And by 'one of the most' I mean it probably goes Day, Worpel, Scrimshaw - and maybe not in that order. He started last year out of the round 1 side, said that was a blow to his confidence, but he built throughout the year to cement his place in the best 22 and win most improved player. He has always spoken about moving into the midfield and using his size to become a clearance player. I don't know why we've got this player who has been nothing but class for the few games he's played for us, and Clarko doesn't seem remotely excited to find out what he can do.

The coaches are getting this one wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think anyone has posted this, saw it this arvo, good to see Scrim kicking goals and team mates seemingly having his back. Love how the young guys all have each others back right now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-000108_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-000108_Instagram.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back