Preview Round 2, 2021: Hawthorn v Richmond, 28 March 2021, 1.10pm @ Melbourne Cricket Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Scrimshaw Lewis and Downie in

Ceglar Hanrahan and Kosi out.

Lewis and McEvoy to rotate ruck/forward duties.

Scrim to go back and one of burger or Impey to play forward in Ollies role.

Agree on Ceglar going out for Lewis but don't think it will happen. Disagree on Kosi getting dropped - his work rate the whole game was first rate, especially the last quarter. Ollie did enough to maintain his spot IMO

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Fingers crossed with the new 75% ground capacity adjustment keep trying right up until the game 🤞 you never know.

Got tickets for the fam centre wing first game since ‘19. Looking forward to it of course but at the end of the day much happier just living here in Oz when considering what’s happening overseas.

Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I reckon kosi should stay. He offers more versatility than lewis and was not so bad that he needs to be replaced. Let’s give him another chance to hit the scoreboard. Lewis won’t offer as much in the wet. Scrim in for Howe. Which leaves what to do with ceglar and his mix of good, bad and ugly. Probably gets another go ... if the rucks get on top in the wet it can give our guys first look.

Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tag Dusty and annoy him all day. Matt de Boer did a job on Dusty a few years ago when GWS played Richmond and he did a great job keeping him quiet. We need someone to drive Dusty nuts from the opening bounce to the final siren.

Yeah definitely the way to play him. He’s an amazing footballer but being in awe of him and letting him pretty well do as he pleases is not the way.

Wouldn’t mind seeing either Hardwick or Frost run with him inside 50 and then Shiels hanging off him when through the middle

O’Brien would be a better option as the second ruck than Lewis as he’s much better at ground level and around the ground.

Selection is going to be interesting. Lewis, Scrimshaw, Cousins and Greaves are all in the mix.

I'm waiting for the 3pm allocation..

For those who already have their tickets, can you select where you would like to sit? Level 1, Level 2...etc /specific seats?
I'm a Kennedy Club member and there was only a selection for 'General Admin' or 'Hawthorn Reserve'. I selected Hawthorn Reserve and got tickets in N55 (Level 2 on the 50m line).

I'm waiting for the 3pm allocation..

For those who already have their tickets, can you select where you would like to sit? Level 1, Level 2...etc /specific seats?

In the 1pm allocation by the time I got out of the queue there was level 1 wing or goal seating only. Still pretty happy with my seats overall.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I thought I would miss out completely being that MCC tickets went on order yesterday at 9am. I signed up for three just an hour ago and got level 2 almost dead centre wing. If you're an MCC member then order straight away as there must be plenty of room remaining - especially with the 75% capacity announcement today. Don't let the place fill with heathen Tigers.

local hack

All Australian
Mar 26, 2017
The Island
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Shiels has to go straight to Dusty with a hard tag. Dusty is just too good and can’t be left for anyway (Hawks or in the league in general) to go head to head with. Can Shiels stop him? Who knows. Bit if he can, remember: no Dusty, no Richmond.

local hack

All Australian
Mar 26, 2017
The Island
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I thought I would miss out completely being that MCC tickets went on order yesterday at 9am. I signed up for three just an hour ago and got level 2 almost dead centre wing. If you're an MCC member then order straight away as there must be plenty of room remaining - especially with the 75% capacity announcement today. Don't let the place fill with heathen Tigers.
I’m an MCC hawks member. Booked tickets on level 2 at 9.00.01 yesterday morning. Can’t wait! First game in a long time and don’t know how bit I reckon we might go ok👌.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Kosi needs to stay and play as many games as possible
He is the future KPF we need

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Kosi needs to stay and play as many games as possible
He is the future KPF we need
Yep 100%!

You would be sending a terrible message by dropping him after playing a super selfless game on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back