Preview Round 2, 2021: North Melbourne vs Gold Coast @ Metricon Stadium | Saturday March 27 @ 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be interesting to see what sort of KPIs Nobes has set the club / himself. I wonder if 6 wins scattered throughout would be as impressive as winning the last 4 only??
Personally no. Six random wins don't really tell us much but winning the last four would be a good sign that things are starting to work .

Get the impression so far into his tenure Nobes and Stephenson have formed a bit of a bond, Noble can't help talking up Stevo. Of course, this is exactly what the player needs.
Its good player management considering his last coach's behaviour.

I know the first resort is to drop but if the conditions are as terrible as predicted, an old fashioned bar brawl scrap, might just be the makings of a player.
I don't think he's got it but that could work.

I thought they said the Nerang river was flooding, and the water table was up, any rain would just hold on the ground. But it was just guessing.
There's no rain coming.

Tho I'm a bit further away ... but we get hit by the same systems. It'll be humid and slippery but I had to move the last of my garden today (finally, cos its drying out and we can pull a trailer) over the course of the day the ground actually dried out significantly. Most of the water is one the surface or just down. The soil is still too dry from the drought (at least around here) and will absorb whatever doesn't evaporate. But i guess they've 1.5m of rain (over about a week all up) so far this year in parts of the Goldy Hinterland. So maybe its a bit better over the mountains. The trouble with this sort of heavy rain is it doesn't wet the soil deeply cos alot of it runs off.

Copped 200+ mm across Sunday-Tuesday and I live less than 10 minutes from Metricon. Has been sunny today and yesterday. Is going to continue to be sunny until Monday. Moreton was damaged, Metricon wasn’t and drains better.

Go outside and let me know me know if the grass has drained

There's no rain coming.

Tho I'm a bit further away ... but we get hit by the same systems. It'll be humid and slippery but I had to move the last of my garden today (finally, cos its drying out and we can pull a trailer) over the course of the day the ground actually dried out significantly. Most of the water is one the surface or just down. The soil is still too dry from the drought (at least around here) and will absorb whatever doesn't evaporate. But i guess they've 1.5m of rain (over about a week all up) so far this year in parts of the Goldy Hinterland. So maybe its a bit better over the mountains. The trouble with this sort of heavy rain is it doesn't wet the soil deeply cos alot of it runs off.

Was worried about ya up there mate.

I got lost in a Hyundai Getz hire car in a reasonable flood on way to your hood one day- rocks coming off the higher shoulders, so much rain that the wipers were trying but having little (no) impact.

Made it of course, nothing was going to stop me.

Copped 200+ mm across Sunday-Tuesday and I live less than 10 minutes from Metricon. Has been sunny today and yesterday. Is going to continue to be sunny until Monday. Moreton was damaged, Metricon wasn’t and drains better.

Our game is aerial, can’t really compare and certainly can’t play Football on a water logged pitched - it becomes stupid.

Good test this weekend on where we are really at.

GC are ok but I'd like to see us push them. (obviously a win even better)

One quarter was great on Sunday (last fine but Port had cue in the rack) but we folded up far too easily in 2nd even knowing young.

I don't expect to win but it absolutely should not be a blowout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good test this weekend on where we are really at.

GC are ok but I'd like to see us push them. (obviously a win even better)

One quarter was great on Sunday (last fine but Port had cue in the rack) but we folded up far too easily in 2nd even knowing young.

I don't expect to win but it absolutely should not be a blowout.

Interestingly, ugly as it was for us at times on Sunday, it wasn’t nearly as ugly as Port Adelaide’s previous visit to Marvel against us... when they were playing for a spot in the eight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its good player management considering his last coach's behaviour.

I agree. Not only that, it's the first blatant example of the type of nurturer Noble has been acclaimed for being. Blakey is a similar coach, going into a youth rebuild we've hit the jackpot on those two.

Hall is an interesting inclusion.

Be interesting how Noble wants to use him.

Personally no. Six random wins don't really tell us much but winning the last four would be a good sign that things are starting to work .

Thats why I think everyone has underrated the crows this year, they won 3 or 4 games out of their last 4 or 5 after winning nothing all year

Hall is an interesting inclusion.

Be interesting how Noble wants to use him.
If we can get Noble's game plan going it will suit him more than anyone else on our list imo, could be really dangerous. Alternatively we get smashed around the ball and he disappears. I'm still hopeful we'll see him at his best at North.

Thats why I think everyone has underrated the crows this year, they won 3 or 4 games out of their last 4 or 5 after winning nothing all year

And their pressure stats were number one. They came into this year with some momentum

Would love to see some pressure from the boys. Anderson’s inclusion will definitely help that. But as above, crows pressure is winning them games atm. Their oppositions are crumbling

I agree. Not only that, it's the first blatant example of the type of nurturer Noble has been acclaimed for being. Blakey is a similar coach, going into a youth rebuild we've hit the jackpot on those two.

How do you explain the actions of his dog of a son then?

Get the impression so far into his tenure Nobes and Stephenson have formed a bit of a bond, Noble can't help talking up Stevo. Of course, this is exactly what the player needs.
He's found the right place. Kid needed to get away from Collingwood for his own benefit.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I love the bit at 6:35, where he talks about building depth and the only way to do that is to give the youth a crack, and how benefits of that are internal pressure for spots that creates.

The man has my unconditional support. He gets it. He isn’t going to hide players, he is going to push them to be better.

He’s a good man, honest, transparent - we at least have a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back