Autopsy Round 2, 2021: St.Kilda v Melbourne *SPUD'S GAME* *SINCLAIR 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Zak Jones - how many other top 8 midfields would he get a regular gig in?
Asking for a friend.

From the little I saw he frustrated me by getting to the loose ball but trying to hold the opposition off the ball rather than actually going in to get it himself. The Dees players seemed first to the ball so all that happened is that one of the others went in and got it. Not sure if that makes sense. He needs to get his hands dirty and put his head over the ball.

As I say, judging on a small sample, but still.

That was seriously depressing. Firstly there are some seriously simple things that we’re doing that suck.
Long giving away dumb free kicks. Giving silly hand ball receives.
Not being more creative with our kick outs( I’ve said it before but I would love coff to take kick ins instead of Howard, firstly more creative secondly Howard the better defender in case of turn over.

Another big thing , we need some kind of plan B , when our run and gun game is t working, wether it be some kind of possession game , ultra defensive style especially around the ball , changing up the midfield or something else) would love to see butler around the ball if we are struggling . Will bring Ebert and tackling.

In Hindsight its easy to say a small forward should have been left out for the rotations. Adding a mid allows a mid to rest in the forward line as well
well he doesn’t play for us anymore so not much we could’ve done about that.

That was seriously depressing. Firstly there are some seriously simple things that we’re doing that suck.
Long giving away dumb free kicks. Giving silly hand ball receives.
Not being more creative with our kick outs( I’ve said it before but I would love coff to take kick ins instead of Howard, firstly more creative secondly Howard the better defender in case of turn over.

Another big thing , we need some kind of plan B , when our run and gun game is t working, wether it be some kind of possession game , ultra defensive style especially around the ball , changing up the midfield or something else) would love to see butler around the ball if we are struggling . Will bring Ebert and tackling.
Ebert has concussions issues.

Pretty disappointed still.
Especially when I watch a game like the Eagles/ Dogs have just played by comparison.
Just trying to convince myself it was an aberration. I guess we’ll soon find out.
We are much better than we played last night. The conditions up on Sydney helped mask some of the players we were missing but it was on show last night.

Take the comparable players out almost every side and they would struggle.

We are much better than we played last night. The conditions up on Sydney helped mask some of the players we were missing but it was on show last night.

Take the comparable players out almost every side and they would struggle.

Oh, stop being so rational, this is not the place for it! 😉
( I guess I’m just hoping that last season was not a one hit wonder.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, stop being so rational, this is not the place for it! 😉
( I guess I’m just hoping that last season was not a one hit wonder.)
If we come out and play like that again next week, then its time to panic.

But for right now, just remember premierships aren't won in March. Richmond went 1-1-2 last year and 1-2 the year before. Geelong went 1-2 as well. Collingwood went 0-2 the year they made the granny.

Watching GWS in this first half makes me more comfortable with last nights performance,

They look slow and cooked like we did last night unable to get from constest to contest.

Willing to give the lads a mulligan for last night
Or we are both very ordinary sides. I’d rather them be 5 goals up.

If we come out and play like that again next week, then its time to panic.

But for right now, just remember premierships aren't won in March. Richmond went 1-1-2 last year and 1-2 the year before. Geelong went 1-2 as well. Collingwood went 0-2 the year they made the granny.

Yep.
I do think, watching GWS now, that playing in those type of conditions before becoming seriously match fit, first game of the season, surely has to have some effect as well.

Never having played the game could mean I am talking absolute rubbish, but I would imagine three or four games in we’d be a little more match - hardened?

Gws look flatter than we did last night. One goal in a half. Yeowch

Yep.
I do think, watching GWS now, that playing in those type of conditions before becoming seriously match fit, first game of the season, surely has to have some effect as well.

Never having played the game could mean I am talking absolute rubbish, but I would imagine three or four games in we’d be a little more match - hardened?

They look extremely flat. Will be interesting to see if they can hold it together. Perhaps the slog last week was more tougher than we first thought...

They look extremely flat. Will be interesting to see if they can hold it together. Perhaps the slog last week was more tougher than we first thought...

..whatever makes us feel better...🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back