Autopsy Round 2, 2021: St.Kilda v Melbourne *SPUD'S GAME* *SINCLAIR 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

I am over it. Very disappointed. Just think our legs were heavy, and our brains not in gear. So many distractions. Teams should be better than that, but there you are, S**t happens. GWS looking pretty heavy legged at the moment in the West.

Hopefully a week at home, some good recovery and training, will get us back into things. Pump Essendon and find some form. There is no way they will be taking Essendon easily. Think we should be at fever pitch and show some of the form we had in preseason. Crouch back will be interesting. Doubt Paddy or Roma will be back yet. Roma the week after if Ratts was speaking the truth.

Last season we would play a poor game, then bounce back the next week. I had hoped we were over that inconsistency, but clearly we aren't.

The players will redeem themselves next week and play the team back into form. I know it is 'only Essendon' but we need to be ruthless.

I was at them game so I'm not sure if it made the broadcast but does anyone have footage of Battle destroying Viney? Happened on the wing I think in the 4th quarter. Viney's a tough bastard and bounced back up but gees it was a big hit.

Mat
From the little I saw he frustrated me by getting to the loose ball but trying to hold the opposition off the ball rather than actually going in to get it himself. The Dees players seemed first to the ball so all that happened is that one of the others went in and got it. Not sure if that makes sense. He needs to get his hands dirty and put his head over the ball.

As I say, judging on a small sample, but still.
Petracca and Oliver are a couple of top level contested ball winners. Its why we needed crouch. Jones ( and his brother as well ) were never at that level.

Drapers ankle injury means I don’t think they have a single ruckman.

No point rushing Roma, if paddy’s ready to come back great. If we roll smack and punts again🤷🏼‍♂️

If what I hear is true that Clavarino has bulked up & although still only a boy, give him a gallop as the second ruck.
Obviously he can play back, I believe they played him forward recently so why not a bit of rucking just to add another string to his bow. Couldn’t do any worse that Saturday nights performance.

What was crowd size last night ?

Apparently you get a stat for kick outs now so that is why dougal got 29 touches only fifteen were actually his own. The other 14 were his kick outs.

still think he was bog for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back