Review Round 2, 2021 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

You f****ng suggested that my motivation behind my criticism of Aliir's game against North Melbourne was because I was a racist! That is disgusting and the moment that I give you a little bit back, you throw your skirt over your head again and call me deluded - incredible, just f****ng incredible! I am the one that has been vilified by you!

Just pull your head in and get back to debating and discussing the merits or otherwise of our performances without resorting to accusing people of bigotry or racism because you can't or won't mount an argument to rebut another's assessment.
I asked what your motivation for your over the top vitriol directed at Aliir could be. You doth protest too much, me thinks.

But you do like handing out insults in general and especially to anyone who dares to disagree with your assessment of Aliir.

I asked what your motivation for your over the top vitriol directed at Aliir could be. You doth protest too much, me thinks.

But you do like handing out insults in general and especially to anyone who dares to disagree with your assessment of Aliir.
I said that Aliir's attack on the ball and the contests and the player with the ball was deplorable and not up to the standard required by a Port Adelaide player. Now if you deem that to be nonsense, tell me why? Don't just sit there and post inflammatory and derogatory remarks about my motivation for saying that he was weak against North Melbourne and then pretend that you are wounded because I resent and reject your disgusting suggestion that I am motivated by some reason other than football.

Christoffarken, out of the blue, comes on this review thread and asks "where's Northalives to say that 'Butters was weak' ", I respond to that inflammatory post and you laugh at me. You then post s**t like this:
I asked what is it about Aliir that sets him apart from the other players that took the field that caused you to single him out for such vitriol and calls for acts of extreme violence against him. Does that make me the "punk" suggesting that you are a racist or is that just your interpretation of my question? My post was deleted by the mods because apparently it is OK for you to call for Aliir to be bashed senseless on this forum but it is not OK to question your motives for your extreme dislike of Aliir. For all I know you may be a closet fashionista and be extremely offended by Aliir's haircut. admitting that you have accused me of being a racist but the moderators saw fit to delete them.

I tell you that I am offended at you calling me a racist and you laugh at me again! and now you are complaining that I hurt you and accuse me of hurling insults at you for disagreeing with me and you have not even once, not even once talked about the actual criticism I made about Aliir's game against North Melbourne! You ask what caused me to single out Aliir's game for such "vitriol". Firstly, there was no maliciousness whatsoever in my stinging criticism of Aliir's less than acceptable performance. It was not spiteful nor intended to harm Aliir personally so it was not vitriol; it was strong criticism. Vitriol suggests something sinister. It was a hard, critical analysis of his game and was absolutely not a reflection on Aliir the human being. The reason I "singled" him out was that he was the ONLY Port Adelaide player that was weak at the contets, was weak at the ball and weak at the player with the ball. Other lads that did not have great/good games were not weak at the contest, the ball nor the player with the ball. That's why I "singled" him out - he was the only player, the SINGLE player in our side that was weak so just f**k off and let me be.

If you want to talk about Aliir's game against North Melbourne then talk about it - I'll happily oblige as I always do when talking about/debating footballing and sporting matters. If you want to keep playing games about about how wounded you are because some **** has called you out for not wanting to talk about football, if you want to just ignore the fact that I have said repeatedly that my criticism of a Aliir's performance was not motivated by racism in any way, shape or form but you are still intent on gnawing away playing the victim, then you can just bugger off and play somewhere else because I am not, going to waste my time trying to reason and make accommodations to people whose only intention is to keep painting me as some kind of racist.

That's the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned.

I thought Aliir was good against North, and ok in parts against Essendon.

And I'm happy to agree to disagree

I just don't think Aliir deserved dozens of diatribe-laden posts followed up with all sorts of venom aimed at anyone who disagreed or took issue with your points

I thought this place was full of intelligent posters who were self aware and had half a sense of humour, I guess I was wrong

I thought this place was full of intelligent posters who were self aware and had half a sense of humour, I guess I was wrong
Not mutually exclusive; also, and, more importantly, no one is free from having bad moments.

We should all be able to use BF as a place to vent our opinions. With that in mind, neither Northa’s posts nor the reactions would be bad things. Quite the contrary. They are signs BigFooty is fulfilling its role.

Play on!

If people stopped bringing up then Northalives would stop biting back. Very easy solution.

It'll stop until a certain tall defender fails to score 37 Brownlow votes, erase Josh Kennedy from existence, and cure cancer next Saturday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is the fun in that though
Oi, dick head. Accusing people of being racists and being doolally is "not having fun" nor is it funny - it just shows your level of intelligence.

As for being "self aware", what are you suggesting? People should sit and take the inflammatory and derogatory s**t from backyarders like you who by the way, still hasn't spoken to the specific criticism I made about Aliir's game except for some cursory observation that he played OK against North, and alright in parts against Essendon, which is all fair enough but I did not get riled up about people disagreeing with me. I got shirty because I became aware that people were accusing me of being a racist! Does that qualify me for being "self aware" or did you mean that I should be "self aware" and not criticise the performances of players who are black, white and all shades in between just because it may offend the little darlings, that haven't the basic perceptiveness to differentiate between criticism aimed at sporting performances and criticism aimed at a human being for being of a particular race, colour or creed.

A few people tackled me on the substance of my posts and I/we, respectfully engaged in discussion about his performance. It was the s**t load of pretentious, precious gits who went stupid at the sheer temerity of someone having a go at a player that they have taken a shine too and accusing me of racism; nothing whatsoever about the substance of my post, just incredible outrage that I dared post about Aliir and you think that I'm not going to defend myself?

It'll stop until a certain tall defender fails to score 37 Brownlow votes, erase Josh Kennedy from existence, and cure cancer next Saturday night.
Oh raman! I will continue to call it as I see it and I will be the first one to give a massive round of applause to a certain defender if he obliterates Josh Kennedy from existence and you know I will. I have said time and time again, I rate that certain tall defender, (I hope we are talking about the same one?) extremely high. I reckon that he is an absolute gem and that's why I was really upset at his performance the previous to last game.

As for curing cancer on Saturdy night, well, that may be a bit of a stretch but I'm sure that there will be no shortage of support for him to do so.

One of my favourite moments in the Essendon game, amongst a bevy of highlights, was when some Essendon "gun" had the run of the ball and looked for sure and certain that he would kick a relatively easy goal only for Jonas to run as hard as he could to get to him, (called chasing hopeless causes in soccer parlance), and the "gun, changing direction one way and then the other and still not being able to shake Jonas nor causing Jonas to lose his footing and the "gun", then kicking a point.

It's that type of relentless pressure that we have been applying this year consistently, that does wear down the opposition because the relentless and repetitive pressure "acts", conditions the opponent into believing that he is about to be claimed and even when they have an extra second, they do on many occasions, rush the execution of a skill and muck it up. Great football, synonymous with Ports over the years.

Aliir Aliir has been great, his one on one defending is a clear weakness but that’s not what he is in the team for.

I must admit I would love to see Mckenzie back in the side, he is perhaps a bit undersized but he did an amazing job at full back last year IMO.

We were just 2 or 3 levels up from them.
Had to admire "McD-Tip" for Essendon. It's damned hard playing in a team so badly outclassed. He might be the only good thing to come out of the drugs scandal for them.

I tell you that I am offended at you calling me a racist and you laugh at me ...
I laughed at you because I never called you that.

I'll accept that your are not and that you have an extreme dislike of Aliir for some other reason. It could be his haircut, it could be that he's not Greg Phillips.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back