Port Adelaide v Hawthorn (AO) (N)
Gold Coast v Melbourne (MS) (N)

Sunday, March 27
North Melbourne v West Coast (MRVL)
Richmond v Greater Western Sydney (MCG)
Fremantle v St Kilda (OS)

North Melbourne in white shorts.

Correct decision.
Hard disagree. West coast have an appropriate clash (yellow/white) for us to be able to wear our full home. This league is so far behind on this stuff. When are we going to let the home teams wear what they want and make the away teams accommodate that choice by forcing them into a proper change strip, like almost every other major professional league in world sport does?

Hard disagree. West coast have an appropriate clash (yellow/white) for us to be able to wear our full home. This league is so far behind on this stuff. When are we going to let the home teams wear what they want and make the away teams accommodate that choice by forcing them into a proper change strip, like almost every other major professional league in world sport does?
It's the correct decision and provides maximum contrast.

Noticed a couple of things last night.
Skinner was wearing an actual 2022 guernsey last night unlike everyone else, 7 not ironed on.
And Powell-Pepper was wearing a 2021 jumper (well actually 2021 preseason jumper like all port players were) without KFC on the back for some reason (as mentioned by someone else).

james-worpel-of-the-hawks-competes-with-sam-skinner-of-port-adelaide-picture-id1387799411

1648358151958.png

Last edited:
You're going to be in the minority here.... If you have a white jumper, why put the opposite in white shorts?

Best thing is embrace the white shorts for Cats and Roos.

If putting a home team in white shorts means both teams can wear preferred jumper - and provides good contrast - it's a win.

Other competitions.... In NBA home team traditionly wears full white. Clubs therefore dont have much white on there clash / away jumpers.

Was it just me or did Geelong have ford above the numbers?
Geelong had Ford above numbers from the resumption in 2020 (Round 2 to GF)
794216.jpg

Then last year they didn't have them, and now this year they're back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The St Kilda clash provided more than enough contrast last night but I still think it needs the Port Adelaide-style number panel to make the front and back more consistent with each other - at the moment it looks like two different jumpers on the front and back (and would be nice to have more R/W/B on the back just to make it look more St Kilda).

It's the correct decision and provides maximum contrast.
we actually saw a great example in the VFL of what this matchup could've looked like if North had been allowed to wear home shorts vs. the Eagles' clash kit:
Harry-Jones.png

Williamstown wear the same colours as West Coast in very similar quantities. There is no clash here. When you watch the game footage it's very easy to tell the two sides apart, all the time. I'm fine with the matchup they went with but I would've vastly preferred this.

West Coast and Western Bulldogs wear predominantly royal blue so it makes sense for them to be paired with royal blue shorts when away to North Melbourne. You can't have both teams in royal shorts so the white reverts to North to match their jumper.

However for North home games vs Essendon, Carlton, Melbourne, Richmond, Fremantle etc North should be allowed to wear the royal blue shorts with the away team in black/navy/purple shorts.

Not sure what the current situation is for North Melbourne v Geelong games: do the Cats have a navy clash strip at the moment?

West Coast and Western Bulldogs wear predominantly royal blue so it makes sense for them to be paired with royal blue shorts when away to North Melbourne. You can't have both teams in royal shorts so the white reverts to North to match their jumper.

However for North home games vs Essendon, Carlton, Melbourne, Richmond, Fremantle etc North should be allowed to wear the royal blue shorts with the away team in black/navy/purple shorts.

Not sure what the current situation is for North Melbourne v Geelong games: do the Cats have a navy clash strip at the moment?
They usually wear a predominately navy DNR jumper. That's what they used as a clash jumper in the AFLW and I expect they'll use it again in the men's.

we actually saw a great example in the VFL of what this matchup could've looked like if North had been allowed to wear home shorts vs. the Eagles' clash kit:
Harry-Jones.png

Williamstown wear the same colours as West Coast in very similar quantities. There is no clash here. When you watch the game footage it's very easy to tell the two sides apart, all the time. I'm fine with the matchup they went with but I would've vastly preferred this.

The issue here is that Williamstown are now adding a North colour to their kit: white

If anything, gold shorts should be worn in this situation by Williamstown. Or, the AFL use the same rules in the VFL as they do in the AFL, North in white.

Geez I'd love to see our yellow clash paired with blue shorts on occasion.
Ideal options this year would be Rounds 9, 15, 17, 19; home games against Melbourne, Essendon, Carlton, St Kilda.

Especially considering all (except maybe SK) will wear navy/black + white in those games against West Coast’s blue + blue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back