AFLW Round 2 2022, vs Richmond, Friday 14 January, Punt Rd Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday night footy is baaaack!*
Richmond looked good last week, albeit against a severely understrength St Kilda, so expecting this to be close. Should be exciting though, both sides moved the ball beautifully last week in patches.

We were missing a few due to medical precautions so could be some changes with Goldy, Colvin and McNamara available.

*Pending COVID bullshit throwing the fixture out.

Richmond are shizen, this one really shouldn’t be close without Ellie McKenzie. That being said we didn’t put them away R2 last year either so who knows.
Hard to say how good they'll be, the Saints will struggle, but they put them away well so I'm sort of convinced that they'll jump up the ladder a bit.
We also have a habit of dropping one or two games a year to battlers, kicking 1.17 or such, so maybe this week will tick that box for 2022.

Hard to say how good they'll be, the Saints will struggle, but they put them away well so I'm sort of convinced that they'll jump up the ladder a bit.
We also have a habit of dropping one or two games a year to battlers, kicking 1.17 or such, so maybe this week will tick that box for 2022.
We didn’t last year though - the Doggies are a decent side (well above Richmond) and Collingwood are bona fide. The list has matured enough that they shouldn’t be dropping those ones anymore. Our midfield should really be beating up on sides like the Tigers.

But we’ve never played at PRO before so who knows

Richmond are shizen, this one really shouldn’t be close without Ellie McKenzie. That being said we didn’t put them away R2 last year either so who knows.

Could easily be a score of 2.19 - 5.1

Team's out, 5 changes, outs (Heath, Lampard, Sheriff, Scott, Gay) due to health protocols.
Good to see Goldy and E Mac in again though. Magee also started to look ok end of last season so keen to see how she goes.

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
Friday night footy is baaaack!*
Richmond looked good last week, albeit against a severely understrength St Kilda, so expecting this to be close. Should be exciting though, both sides moved the ball beautifully last week in patches.

We were missing a few due to medical precautions so could be some changes with Goldy, Colvin and McNamara available.

*Pending COVID bullshit throwing the fixture out.

They look strong running the Ball; and their hand skills with the footy are very good. This helped them win the contest, easily able to get the ball away to the next contest inside f50.

They look strong running the Ball; and their hand skills with the footy are very good. This helped them win the contest, easily able to get the ball away to the next contest inside f50.
Yeah Conti especially does this very well for them. We'll be much harder to do that against than the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah Conti especially does this very well for them. We'll be much harder to do that against than the Saints.
I reckon shes got a great step, and speed as well.
Good luck to opponents, trying to catch her. The key with her i think, will be to mind her close, to stop her getting the ball on the outside.

I'm not all that covinced that we are good enough by hand to go all the way through to the GF. Imo, not clean enough with hands, under pressure.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Richmond are paying over $4! Is there nothing that screams footy's back than betting against the Dees!? I think we win this game, but the game is much closer than those odds suggest. I'll put a cheeky $50 on the Tiges which should guarantee us a victory..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back