AFLW Round 2 - 2023 AFLW season

Remove this Banner Ad

Btw I think the Daisy Pearce Cup is an individual award. Goes to the best player who threatens to boycott the league unless she gets drafted by the club of her choice. Recipient also becomes a Toyota "ambassador", facilitated by the league, so her cheapskate club doesn't need to give her a car.

And yet, with all that said, there's no way to get around the fact that umpires hated giving her free kicks!

This is an issue particularly front of mind for me after watching the Essendon-St Kilda game. Absolute red carpet treatment for the star players.

Lambert with 7 frees for, Prespakis 5 (these two milk 'em better than even Phillips and Kearney, says the stats). 5 (12%) of the players in that match got 22 (46%) of the 48 free kicks paid.

Given the gift wrapped fixture Richmond get for the next 8 weeks, I wasn't even going to acknowledge their turnaround from last Sunday's game, but... "if" anybody is wondering (cough*making excuses for them*cough), yes there's been several cases of teams copping 5-day breaks after an interstate trip.
…How dare you.

It’s not simply the extraordinarily unfair 5 day turnaround or the sweltering 25 degrees.

It’s spending 25 min in a bus, making left hand turns outve roundabouts.

Everyone knows that.

…How dare you.

It’s not simply the extraordinarily unfair 5 day turnaround or the sweltering 25 degrees.

It’s spending 25 min in a bus, making left hand turns outve roundabouts.

Everyone knows that.
Also it was a "home" game but not even at Richmond's home ground.

If only the Tigers had a chance to play more games at Ikon Park last year to help prepare them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back