Game Day Round 2, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A few things. Not a fan of our changes this week in regards to dropping the 2 younger players who were on the wing and replacing them with talls. For a team that didn't run last week we've only made the job harder. That said we need another tall down back for sure.

Watching the game last night it became crystal clear that our Key talls need to start having a higher output for us. Hipwood and Daniher in particular need to impact games in a meaningful way a lot more for us to be a genuine threat.

A very interesting game ahead tonight. Not confident at all but I know the talent is there.

Well, a mark of a team is to reflect on a bad game and take those learnings into the next. We don't like them and they don't like us. They will be difficult to beat and it will have to be 4 quarters of 100% team effort from all. Go Lions!

Game day!

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

much trepidation about this one, low bar for me 100% effort and beaten by less than 3 goals. Was so bullish before last week, lucky we have 22 rounds to go..

Go Lions

If we end up doing well this season, I expect this season to be similar to 2021, where we don't get a win until round 5 (North).

Hope we win, just don't see it happening today without a massive attitude adjustment.

A few things. Not a fan of our changes this week in regards to dropping the 2 younger players who were on the wing and replacing them with talls. For a team that didn't run last week we've only made the job harder. That said we need another tall down back for sure.

Watching the game last night it became crystal clear that our Key talls need to start having a higher output for us. Hipwood and Daniher in particular need to impact games in a meaningful way a lot more for us to be a genuine threat.

A very interesting game ahead tonight. Not confident at all but I know the talent is there.
Agree our KPF’s need to work harder, but equally our mids need to get first use and give them quality delivery.

Mitch Robinson is free to say whatever he likes of course, but I do wish he’d not said anything about the Dees.

On the changes - Tunstill out was obvious, and we had to have another tall defender as Starce is needed for Fritsch.

Dev is a tough out, however at some point he needs to actually win footy and influence the game if he is going to get minutes on the wing or inside. I know that based on last game you could criticise most of a mids on this issue, but most of them have previous runs on the board. As he isn't the best user of the footy he has to either win a lot more or be A+ at applying pressure - which he wasn't. Again, he isn't getting many inside minutes and I know that is his game, but I can't see that changing with those who are ahead of him in that spot.

I'd be sad to see him go at the end of the year but might be best for all parties if we can swing a late second and get in some draft capital to support a trade.

Zero expectations going in. Don't think we've ever been this low since 2019.
What 2019 we beat Port at the Gabba for three in a row to start the season.
Ok the next week we got flogged , but we finished 2nd on the ladder.
At least we beat Port at their own with intense pressure at the contest.
Lets see if the boys are up to it.
Need a couple of our mids to be relentless at the ball or vinnie Petraca will bleed us dry.
Not sure who will step up.

10 goal loss coming up…
This is our Tigers 2016 season, Demons 2019 season
The season they had to have before winning the Grand Final, albeit the Demons had to wait two years

Kind of wanted this to happen but more by design rather than just playing badly

A few were calling for a rest and moving on Rich, Lyons and Zorko investing in Wilmot, Ashcroft, Dev, etc.

Agree our KPF’s need to work harder, but equally our mids need to get first use and give them quality delivery.

Absolutely. Hard for any KPF - even the greats - to perform when a midfield performs as badly as ours did last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back