Prediction Round 2, 2023: Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I take your point, Just get tired of some people whining because the club doesn't tuck them into bed every night and tell them everything will be alright, then when the club does trot out some platitudes whining that the club lies to them. Nor really directed at you personally.

All good. Pretty obvious now that we’ve started a rebuild (however defined).

And fans are gonna whinge and whine no matter what the club does… Just be grateful we’re not Freo supporters.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great - something more to look forward to
Go Away GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good. Pretty obvious now that we’ve started a rebuild (however defined).

And fans are gonna whinge and whine no matter what the club does… Just be grateful we’re not Freo supporters.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Renovation, transition, reconstruction we just need so many words these days. In reality isnt it a continuous process just with some speed humps

Someone will have to be held back as an emergency so I'd say XONs naming on the extended bench doesnt mean much. Hewitt was listed too.

This looks like how it’s panning out.

Waterman and SPS have been omitted from the WAFL side. Jamieson and Clark are starting on the field, O’Neill and Hewett are named on the extended bench.

Based on that, I assume the changes are Waterman for Jamieson and SPS for O’Neill, with one of Hewett and O’Neill to be the sub and the other to be on standby.

Great - something more to look forward to

Really speaks volumes about where we are in our development that we’re bringing in a top draftee to debut after a strong showing in the reserves, don’t you think?

Good changes in the end I think.

Not expecting much from Waterman as a ruck but his work rate around the ground and up forward should be a plus. Have usually found our forward structure works a bit better when he is in the team - will be interesting to see how he goes with Allen and Darling.

A little surprised they went with debuting Hewett as the sub, but does seem like a good fit in his case and at least means we're bringing more youth in.

Really not sure I understand the situation with Greg Clark. He was drafted as a mature-age, big bodied mid... presumably ready to play. He's been given only 9 games (four of them as sub) in our worst season ever, and most of the time, he wasn't even played in the midfield. New season, and he's still on the fringe. I know it's not uncommon for new recruits to take a while to settle in, but he's already 25.

If we are rebuilding, why isn't he getting game time? Is he that crap? He was averaging around 14 disposals for ~75% game time last year, with around 4-5 tackles. Surely that's the sort of intensity we actually need?

100% agreed.

We are getting monstered on ball in close. He is a taller version of Priddis, not a 1st rounder A grader but plays a role well.

Time to plonk him as the centre and give him an extended run to show if he's up to AFL standards.

By end of this season we have our answer.

Instead we play multiple outside mids who are too small and don't tackle in the centre square.

Crazy.

Last edited:
Interested to know where people think Trew sits in the pecking order. He's had a terrible run with injuries obv but played a string of games late last year and seems to have got through the pre-season unscathed, and from what i've seen has great hands, can extract from a pack and loves a handball. Something our regular mids dont have. From Wiley's comments its looks as though that was his role on the weekend with the Beagles and he did it well.

Looks better suited to compliment our regular midfield than the likes of West or Clark, who cant crack a spot, and with Yeo and Culley still out not sure why he's not considered for this role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back