Game Day Round 2, 2023: Swans v Hawks, SCG 1:10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only play the Swans once this year (most likely). Unfortunately in what could be Buddy’s last game as the enemy, he’s suspended. My gut tells me this will be a close game. Here’s hoping we can be at our best!

Aug 22, 2012
London
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Effort, commitment, endeavour, fight. If we put four quarters in for each of these things the result matters little less.

I'd like our rucks to be more competitive around the ground; us to provide pressure in our forward 50 and or defensive structure to be solid throughout.

If these things happen it means we have absorbed our "learnings" from last week and in a development season that is all we can really ask for/expect - week by week improvement

toomanysquibs

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Should have no chance, which probably means a 4 goal win.

Hard to see where the goals are coming from without a full compliment of our talls and smalls though.

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Our KP forwards situation without Mitch is a concern but if the boys play with heart, passion, aggression and a never give up attitude I’ll be happy. You never know it could be the difference!

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think we'll bring some physicality today but expecting to be outclassed. Can't see us winning but if we make them earn it I'll be fairly content

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
Not sure the swans will be complacent after seeing dogs and freo lose last night. An unhelpful wake up call of not taking the bottom teams too easily.

If they can't achieve a more committed effort it's alarm bells.
No.

No it’s not.

That’s a massive overreach.

If there’s the same poor effort, then some others on the list will be brought in to replace those who don’t pull their finger out this afternoon.

This is going to be a very, very tough game for this young team. A combination of navigating around a unique and very tight SCG plus the fact that Sydney plays a very tight, high pressure brand of football suggests that we are looking at another heavy defeat.
It’s actually a very good ground to be forced to defend better - which is our key RFI from last week.

Sleeves up and work harder to stymie their ball movement.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is going to be a very, very tough game for this young team. A combination of navigating around a unique and very tight SCG plus the fact that Sydney plays a very tight, high pressure brand of football suggests that we are looking at another heavy defeat.

Someone posted a really good ABC article on how the SCG being so small is actually a bit of a myth that is helped by the low camera angle. They extended the length during an upgrade and it sits mid-range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back