Prediction Round 2, 2024: Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try my best to balance out Bender_ and his rubbish.
futility GIF

We already know how shocking we are without Oscar Allen.

I'm just hoping last game and our first preseason was a result of our mids being s**t at forward fifty entries rather then the void left by Oscar Allen.

There was little to no connection between our mids and offense. If it's the first (due to Oscar Allen void) we are in a void of pain.

We struggle to touch the ball.
And on the rare occasion we get it we have nobody who can score. I legit can't see us score more the 50-60 a game

We already know how shocking we are without Oscar Allen.

I'm just hoping last game and our first preseason was a result of our mids being s**t at forward fifty entries rather then the void left by Oscar Allen.

There was little to no connection between our mids and offense. If it's the first (due to Oscar Allen void) we are in a void of pain.

We struggle to touch the ball.
And on the rare occasion we get it we have nobody who can score. I legit can't see us score more the 50-60 a game

I’m a huge OA fan and obviously hope this turns out to be minor, but I don’t think you even need to look back that far to see what it’s like to play without him as he was terrible on the weekend (all things considered). Can’t wait to see him back, but Jack Williams should get the call up immediately imo

The other option is we bring in Barnett and let Bailey play more forward.
Don’t hate that, but only if Barnett is truly ready. I will say it’s great he’s already being spoken about getting a run this year and has obviously come on a lot faster than most young ruckmen entering the league. Credit to the kid

Jack Williams was noted early in the preseason as someone to watch by Gov or some other player. Kicked 3 on the weekend and perhaps deserves a call up. Could potentially even throw TB forward

How embarrassing mate, the clubs on its way to a trifecta of wooden spoons and you're upset about a critical comment on a player who has been very average for a while now
I'm not upset nor embarrassed, I'm actually replying to another post that like many posts make presumptions or speculations without fact. I'm not even defending Darling, he's a frustrating player who has seen better days. He might come good after a few games or he might end up in the Wafl, ce la vie - but at this stage nobody actually knows why he underperformed in round one, is my point. As we supposedly slide towards a trifecta of wooden spoons (?) I'm sure you'll encounter a zillion critical comments on players who have been average for awhile now - BF is loaded with them...enjoy.

I’m a huge OA fan and obviously hope this turns out to be minor, but I don’t think you even need to look back that far to see what it’s like to play without him as he was terrible on the weekend (all things considered). Can’t wait to see him back, but Jack Williams should get the call up immediately imo
No point bringing in a young big man cos he will get his confidence shattered by Taylor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not upset nor embarrassed, I'm actually replying to another post that like many posts make presumptions or speculations without fact. I'm not even defending Darling, he's a frustrating player who has seen better days. He might come good after a few games or he might end up in the Wafl, ce la vie - but at this stage nobody actually knows why he underperformed in round one, is my point. As we supposedly slide towards a trifecta of wooden spoons (?) I'm sure you'll encounter a zillion critical comments on players who have been average for awhile now - BF is loaded with them...enjoy.
It's really not rocket science that darling picks when he wants to apply himself and when he doesn't, then gets a free pass from the coaching panel jk carried him for years

Surely you can't be happy they way 2022-2023- and this year is shaping up? It's an embarrassment on what this great club used to be

Not a first rodeo just a bf hiatus

Was told before the game that he would have to sacrifice is game to cover for Oscar and then Jack
Darling stopped chasing meaning he had to take up slack there as well
He was playing a purely defensive role was told he got praised for it after the game and his GPS numbers were huge

But i will say that is not a sustainable role, nothing like he was playing in the preseason
Cant see Oscar playing this week, he should not of played on the weekend
I blame Simpson for not being strong enough and saying Oscar you cant play

The gps Must have been so huge and so fast that the tracker wasn’t able to even have him placed anywhere in the top 5 for distance, speed, sprint, work rate , distance at speed or anything available for public consumption… I have no doubt he runs a lot. Just not a lot of times does he run where he should be.

Jack Williams was noted early in the preseason as someone to watch by Gov or some other player. Kicked 3 on the weekend and perhaps deserves a call up. Could potentially even throw TB forward
Jack Williams only turned 20 in December. For a key forward he is still a baby.
He looks to have stripped most of that puppy fat he had when drafted and looks to have that genuine power forward build now .

Having darling waterman who are on the small side and Allen who is more the lead up forward , big jack is a point of difference and with jamo in the team he doesn't have to back up ruck and can get a proper look up forward

No point bringing in a young big man cos he will get his confidence shattered by Taylor.
Williams has a big tank . If they put Taylor on him tell him to take Taylor up the ground and leave some smalls as the last forwards .
Having Petrecelle and cripps getting behind the defence could create some goals

It's really not rocket science that darling picks when he wants to apply himself and when he doesn't, then gets a free pass from the coaching panel jk carried him for years

Surely you can't be happy they way 2022-2023- and this year is shaping up? It's an embarrassment on what this great club used to be

Not a first rodeo just a bf hiatus
Okay...2022-2023 has been discussed ad infinitum in all it's many threads and minute details on BF. I'm not getting dragged into all that again, this is where we're at, like it or not - a rebuild, shedding older players along the way and transitioning the team with younger and drafted/traded players to fit. It will be a long haul, best to focus on the positives and the progress, the little wins along the way...the build, towards something much better down the road - quite likely with a new coach. All great clubs have their ups and downs, the long view my friend, the long view...

That’s baloney. It’s not his debut, he’s played at the level and he’d be dying to get out there. If the opportunity arises out of injury it’d be mad not to give him a game, plus he was strong on the weekend in the build up

That’s baloney. It’s not his debut, he’s played at the level and he’d be dying to get out there. If the opportunity arises out of injury it’d be mad not to give him a game, plus he was strong on the weekend in the build up
Didn’t say it was his debut
Perth played a under strength side in that scratchie not exactly GWS.
Also I think this is an opportunity to try something different .We bomb all day to OA. Will that change with JW?

PS. Don’t get me wrong I quite like JW. I think he’s starting to get into shape I just think the intensity is a bit lacking. Harder for longer! Probably an age and confidence thing

In: Maric, Jones (as sub)
Out: Allen (curse), Gaff (OWEP)

Backs: Barrass, Gov, Hough, Cole, Duggan, Witherden, Hunt (with Jamieson chopping out)
Mids: Kelly, Yeo, Reid, Ginbey, Edwards, Chesser
Rucks: Williams, Jamieson
Forwards: Darling, Waterman, Maric, Petch, Cripps, Brockman, Long
Sub: Jones
Emergencies: Burgiel (held over), Jilliams, Dewar

Cupboard is bare already at round 2, yaaay.

Minimal changes. Burge Khalifa to possibly play some limited WAFL minutes Saturday before being on standby to debut as sub if the curse strikes again.

“Pure ripping it off” (avulsion) at the tibia has happened once in AFL history. Attempted reattachment has been attempted once in AFL history and was successful. So what are you basing your claim of “career ending” and a “15% surgical complication rate” on when it’s happened once and was operated on once successfully?
I remember this from my studies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back