Prediction Round 2, 2024: Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this from my studies
Talk about digging a hole for yourself. That article references proximal hamstring injury when the tendon avulsion is from the ischium on the pelvis. It has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to distal hamstring avulsion where the tendon avulsion is from the tibia which is what you’re claiming can be “career ending” and “has a 15% complication rate”. It’s previously happened once in the AFL and surgery was successful so you’re just making s**t up and now referencing an article discussing surgery on a different part of the body. That’s what happens when you put something into google when you have no idea what you’re talking about. I hope in your future “studies” you learn to tell the difference between the pelvis and the tibia and proximal and distal. Furthermore, referencing an article with level of evidence 4 you may as well scribble your own thoughts on a piece of toilet paper and hand it up for debate and that article was only published in September last year so your “studies” must have been completed very recently. This is just embarrassing now, you’re absolutely full of s**t.

I remember this from my studies

Talk about digging a hole for yourself. That article references proximal hamstring injury when the tendon avulsion is from the ischium on the pelvis. It has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to distal hamstring avulsion where the tendon avulsion is from the tibia which is what you’re claiming can be “career ending” and “has a 15% complication rate”. It’s previously happened once in the AFL and surgery was successful so you’re just making s**t up and now referencing an article discussing surgery on a different part of the body. That’s what happens when you put something into google when you have no idea what you’re talking about. I hope in your future “studies” you learn to tell the difference between the pelvis and the tibia and proximal and distal. Furthermore, referencing an article with level of evidence 4 you may as well scribble your own thoughts on a piece of toilet paper and hand it up for debate and that article was only published in September last year so your “studies” must have been completed very recently. This is just embarrassing now, you’re absolutely full of s**t.

If you two wouldn’t mind taking this to a private chat I’d be most grateful.

Thanks

As tempting as 'play the kids' sounds, Melbourne tried that back in their tanking days. It set the club back another several years and burnt some good talent.

We also don't have runners any more so it is important to have experience on the field to help with coaching and positioning.

If you two wouldn’t mind taking this to a private chat I’d be most grateful.

Thanks
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

As tempting as 'play the kids' sounds, Melbourne tried that back in their tanking days. It set the club back another several years and burnt some good talent.

We also don't have runners any more so it is important to have experience on the field to help with coaching and positioning.
Bring back Gaff!
The Granny’s with their knitting needles could start a petition, just like they did with Simmo last year.

Even though he's still raw, we need Jack Williams in the side in place of Allen.
Hopefully it will accelerate his development.
Both Darling and Waterman are only around 190cm and Maric is not a KPF and has no experience playing as one afaik.
Yep somebody needs to be a target and compete in the packs, Maric, JD and waterman arent that style

Didn’t say it was his debut
Perth played a under strength side in that scratchie not exactly GWS.
Also I think this is an opportunity to try something different .We bomb all day to OA. Will that change with JW?

I know all that but either way he’s knocking on the door and there’s opportunity with OA down. I think we reset and go again to work on forward connection like we would have anyway - get better at it rather than reinventing the fwd line structure completely when we have next in line who will fit.

Wouldn’t we rather get better with our connection from the mids and with our f50 entries when we are only one game in and have been working to improve that all pre-season? Not time to ditch or mix it up drastically when there’s already a plan in place that will be better long term once nailed, it’s a learning process. There’s much better sides that fall down in this area in games quite often, and we should keep going hard at it

so who comes in for allen?

Williams - not sure how his preseason has progressed or if he is in any form.
Maric - from reports hasnt had a standout preseason

they are really the only two tallish options.

Alternatively we could add a small to try and create some forward pressure around waterman & darling.

I'm not upset nor embarrassed, I'm actually replying to another post that like many posts make presumptions or speculations without fact. I'm not even defending Darling, he's a frustrating player who has seen better days. He might come good after a few games or he might end up in the Wafl, ce la vie - but at this stage nobody actually knows why he underperformed in round one, is my point. As we supposedly slide towards a trifecta of wooden spoons (?) I'm sure you'll encounter a zillion critical comments on players who have been average for awhile now - BF is loaded with them...enjoy.

The Darling bashing and overreaction from round 1 is getting ridiculous.

Yeo yesterday gave a pretty good insite. Our midfield was getting smashed and when we got the ball we didnt use it well enough.

Oscar was obviously playing injured and couldnt compete. So Darling was being double teamed as well.

He always has been undersized and CHF is the most difficult position to play on the ground. Especially with crap supply, getting double teamed with no other tall forward taking defenders away.

Not difficult to identify all those factors is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Darling bashing and overreaction from round 1 is getting ridiculous.

Yeo yesterday gave a pretty good insite. Our midfield was getting smashed and when we got the ball we didnt use it well enough.

Oscar was obviously playing injured and couldnt compete. So Darling was being double teamed as well.

He always has been undersized and CHF is the most difficult position to play on the ground. Especially with crap supply, getting double teamed with no other tall forward taking defenders away.

Not difficult to identify all those factors is it?
Also darling would usually have a strength advantage over a lot of opposition allowing him to hold his position . Ratagloea is a massive unit .

You would have a better chance of getting west coast to fix the MRP oval than moving Ratagloea

Pretty much what I was about to type.

Gaff and OA out for JJ and Barnett in.

Bwilliams goes forward and Barnett Jamo ruck.

Would like to see Maric back in but not at the expense of JD, at least one more week to prove he still wants to play, or Waterman.
I think Jamo did enough and showed a bit of grit so should hold his spot.

Barring an unknown injury probably just the 2 changes.

In: Callum Wilson
Out: Oscar Allen

Need a big body in the forwardline

This week and a few other. early games were always a bridge too far. Move on and build experience with younger players. Nothing lost but plenty to gain. Why the hysteria? Is SGIO etc getting professional help?

Hmm will be interesting to see what happens.

I don't mind the idea of Barnett coming in but I don't know if he is physically ready to be rucking for most of the game.

J. Williams is probably the most obvious replacement for Allen.

Could also have one of Barrass or McGovern cover Allen and have Jamieson be full time in defence... That way Barnett could be the 2nd ruck.

Barrass to the fwd line. At least he can take a contested grab with our kick and hope forward entries, and won't be torn a new one by pacier forwards again. Jamieson and Gov to be the KPD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back