Preview Round 2 - Adelaide v Port Adelaide @ AO Saturday 13/6 @ 7pm

How pumped are you for Saturday night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree on Milera

We don't engineer ways to get the ball into the hands of our wingmen and free them up behind the ball

Mackay plays the role with a defensive mindset. Atkins provides an extremely wide sideways outlet option. Neither are run/rebound creators

If Smith, Milera, Seedsman filled hb, hb, wing we'd look quite different IMO
A little bit different, but not that different. I would have Atkins ahead of Seedsman.

Fundamentally our defence is in a pickle because we have zero quality defenders who can also attack. And Smith and Milera are both so bad defensively we cannot play them both back there.

I think it would help at the margins a bit if we would have settled Milera on the wing from Smith’s first game back last year. But still really we are shuffling deck chairs. The problem is the list.

McLachlan said fans getting temperature checks before entering a game is "an option" if government restrictions are eased to allow crowds to return to the footy.

"I reckon every day that goes past there's a better chance. This is one where I'm not going to run ahead of the health officials and the government," he said.

"But I do feel that the community's doing an unbelievable job, and our officials and health officials are doing such a good job, that we're heading in a direction where we're getting back to life.

"What that looks like and when that's possible, I don't know, but we'll be ready."

Meanwhile, McLachlan said increasing the interchange bench numbers was unlikely for this year, and all but ruled out reduced 16-minute quarters continuing in 2021.
"I don't think so," he said. "We are looking at things all the time, but the 20 minutes to 16 is for the flexibility we need to get through this season.

"Our broadcasters understand, our supporters, our clubs and others, but it's not something we're contemplating for next year."
Temperature checks are a very crude measure of infection.
It doesn't pick up asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic carriers of the virus, it doesn't even pick up mildly symptomatic cases who have taken paracetamol which reduces fever.

A little bit different, but not that different. I would have Atkins ahead of Seedsman.

Fundamentally our defence is in a pickle because we have zero quality defenders who can also attack. And Smith and Milera are both so bad defensively we cannot play them both back there.

I think it would help at the margins a bit if we would have settled Milera on the wing from Smith’s first game back last year. But still really we are shuffling deck chairs. The problem is the list.
The problem isn't entirely the list, it's how we've utilised it.

I wouldn't say Milera is a bad defender at all, obviously not a complete lockdown player but willing to come off of his man and go third man up in a contest which can look bad when he gets it wrong. Having Doedee back will also bail out our attacking defenders in a similar way Rance used to for Houli and Jayden Short. (not saying Doedee is as good as Rance)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a reasonable and workable plan.

As long as nobody wants to get into the ground in a timely manner, get food or drinks, go to the toilets or leave when the game ends.
Tell Kochie he is dreaming about 20K attending the showdown. Should just be happy that footy is starting up again.

How about Gil clueless to DeGoey's drink driving & not concerned. Across everything as usual Gil...

I saw the first Moose Match for our Twos in June 2018. Despite his age and barely playing a game at any level in the previous 12 months he just looked totally comfortable. Early in his third match his hammy went ping and he was gone for the year.

Similar story last year, he looked fantastic in round one against Sturt, pinged his hammy in round two. He played 7 straight games through the middle of the season and looked ready to go for the AFL then ping....

If he ever gets his body AFL ready he will play many, many AFL games.
They should call him Radar instead of Moose

He keeps going Ping

Tell Kochie he is dreaming about 20K attending the showdown. Should just be happy that footy is starting up again.

How about Gil clueless to DeGoey's drink driving & not concerned. Across everything as usual Gil...

There's no reason it can't be full. No virus.

There has to be done other reason for no crowds.

If somehow cases start turning up before the game, they can shut the gates, it's not like that, it never happened before.

Wheres Mchenry at? Surely gets a crack in the forward pocket while stengle is suspended

Wheres Mchenry at? Surely gets a crack in the forward pocket while stengle is suspended
Ned is better suited as a high half forward. Since Smurph has been playing further up the ground during the
pre-season, he could replace Stengle and Ned could play further up the ground (with the occasional run in the midfield).

Ned is better suited as a high half forward. Since Smurph has been playing further up the ground during the
pre-season, he could replace Stengle and Ned could play further up the ground (with the occasional run in the midfield).
McAdam should be replacing Stengle as we need x-factor in our side.

Room should be found for Ned too as a HFF/midfielder.

McAdam should be replacing Stengle as we need x-factor in our side.

Room should be found for Ned too as a HFF/midfielder.
TBH, I'm still waiting to see the X-factor that McAdam brings. I saw a few nice plays when he was with the double blues. But not much since he arrived here.

Granted I only really watched the SANFL highlights, but you would a think a player who was described as having "enormous X-Factor' would be all over those packages right?

Back