Game Day Round 2: Adelaide v St Kilda, Sunday at 4.30pm local, Richmond Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Ridiculously frustrating game but worth it for the win and great final quarter comeback!

Gould looks a player with her marking power. Gum looks more confident of her fit in the team, and what an awesome one handed grab in the last quarter!

A lot of errors were made but I think the shackles have come off and the rust is dusted. Hopefully we can build on this game.

Jones had a bloody shocker! lol

Thought Maddy Newman showed a fair bit after a quiet one last week. Jones worked into the game nicely after a shocker of a first half and Gum was clutch.

Nikki Gore getting better and Gould sure can mark a ball. Hatchy and Noffy doing what they do.

Najwa Allen struggling big time, not the same player I watched in the SANFLW last year.

Didn't exactly get out of jail for that win, but close. We were the better side from about 5 to go in the 2nd. Silly mistakes kept them in the game and we sure did have trouble putting it through the big sticks.
Gum , Gould were good. We need to lift from that performance if we are to challenge the good sides this year. Hope EP is back next week. She'll make a big difference if she is, both as a player and as a general.

Shades of 2019. A disappointing round 1 loss where nothing seemed to come together, and then an underwhelming round 2 performance marked by an excellent last quarter. We'll need to be much better than that going forward, but good to get a win on the board. If you can't win pretty, win ugly :p

Gum was exceptional. A cut above the rest. Her, Sarah Allan and Jess Foley stood out for us today.

Would have loved to be there, but was instead at home because my second daughter was born earlier this week 😀 Consider this my official humble dad brag :)

Shades of 2019. A disappointing round 1 loss where nothing seemed to come together, and then an underwhelming round 2 performance marked by an excellent last quarter. We'll need to be much better than that going forward, but good to get a win on the board. If you can't win pretty, win ugly :p

Gum was exceptional. A cut above the rest. Her, Sarah Allan and Jess Foley stood out for us today.

Would have loved to be there, but was instead at home because my second daughter was born earlier this week 😀 Consider this my official humble dad brag :)

Congratulations, dad. Kids are wonderful beings..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpiring standards need to lift immediately, it's awful.

Almost as bad as Kelli Underwoods commentary. I really like her as a journalist but her constant use of nicknames and OTT yelling is purely annoying

Yeah the umpiring was deplorable, but how about the Saints' cheer squad commentary? Had to turn off the sound after about 15 minutes.
Underwood is a Crows fan, she goes out of her way to commentate against us though.

The umpiring is almost like U8s, where you call the harsh calls against the bigger kids to even up the score.

I only got to watch the game in patches. Ie parts of it fully focused, other parts busy and just glancing at the TV occasionally. Can someone explain what the deal with all those 50s was? Were we just undisciplined, or were they poor calls?
Both.

The Irish girl gave a couple silly ones away but most were trash. We didn't get any our way for similar incidents

Personally I found it refreshing to see players commit to the gamble and lay a brutal tackle in the hopes of it being play-on. Rather than the usual weak "I'm interfering with you but not really"

Poor coaching by St kilda. They rolled the duce and spent all thier petrol tickets in the first half thinking how inexperienced and injury riddled we are, after a loss away, they could control the game with a flying start.

We doubled our score at three quarter time.

Very good mature win.

Lots of feeble if not sexist posters in here.

Good win and a good second half. Good of the girls to stand up and win that with so many experienced players out. Game kind of ended up similar to a lot of our wins from last year - we get jumped in the first quarter or two, but stay within 1-2 goals, we hold on and start to get the upper hand before running away with it in the last quarter and a bit.

Gum was great - really working her way back into the game. Ponter, Forth, Foley, SLT, Allen good. We still have some quality in the side that really stand up when needed. Our marking was much better than last week.

Reckon getting Scheer or Phillips back soon will really straighten out our forward-50 entries. To often we looked to have no proper target to kick to and ended up kicking it to a small or no one.

Got away with one there, Saints lack of experience obviously helped. Reminded me a lot of that Bulldogs game back in 2018, behind all day came over the top late in the last quarter, this season reminding me a lot of that also injury riddled season as well.

Experience of Forth & Gum telling, thought Forth stemmed the flow and helped gain control of the midfield when she moved into the middle late in the 2nd quarter. Ponter & Marinoff played more at their high level and needed to after last week. Gould’s height was handy all game, just need to plant her in the Goal square to get reward due to her kick. Thought Newman and Biddell really took the initiative and wanted to show what they can do really impressive for 2nd gamers.

Still some average performances and poor intensity and mentality out there;

- Campbell and Allen not looking near the level

- Defence looked shabby at best, midfield not helping them as much as last year by picking when they want to track back is not helping them.

- Eloise Jones doesn’t know what she’s doing at the moment

- Way too many players choosing when to go and not go; Considine definitely one of them, just let her opponent go harder at the ball and run away.

- Lack of leadership over the ground, especially up forward; no structure & letting the spare (Tarni White today and Lutkins last week) have a field day and Madi Newman when she had a tight shot at goal after the rush behind free & not one senior player went to her.

It's a worry when the clear 2 best players in the SANFLW last season don't look likely.

I reckon Campbell was better today and she's got talent, Allen does too but she's miles off it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back