Toast Round 2 = Carlton 85-106 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

This has nothing to do with kissing Eddies arse. He had no logical reason to leak any info. You’re just being blinded by your dislike of him.

What to try and save Him and the Club Ass by trying to make it look like it's the Players Fault they left instead of Admiting a Major F**k up by the Clubs Footy Department.

Not a Good Look for the President.

Could say cost him his Presidency

What to try and save Him and the Club Ass by trying to make it look like it's the Players Fault they left instead of Admiting a Major F**k up by the Clubs Footy Department.

Not a Good Look for the President.

Could say cost him his Presidency
Rofl. Nothing about what was leaked made it look like the players were at fault. As I said, you’ve been blinded by your dislike of Ed. He wasn’t the source of the leaks.

Congratulations on the hard fought win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the match - if you haven't seen these before this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the mids (inside + wing) at bounces, with a few extra stats thrown in.

Overall Summary - 33 Bounces

Crisp 30 (16i, 14w)
T.Brown 29 wing
Adams 26
Pendlebury 18
Sier 17
WHE 13 wing
Sidebottom 10
Noble 10 wing
Daicos 6
de Goey 5
Elliott 1

Rucks

Grundy 29
Cox 4

Centre Clearances (12-17)

Adams 8
Sidebottom 2
Sier 1
Grundy 1

Top 5 Pressure Acts (from the mid group)

Crisp 25 - #1 on the ground
Adams 20 - #3rd at Pies
T,Brown 19 - #4th "
Pendles 15 - #5th "
Grundy 14 - #6th (equal)

Breakdown by Quarter - Q1

Crisp 10 (5w, 5i)
T.Brown 10 wing
Adams 6
Sier 6
Pendles 5
de Goey 3
WHE 3 wing
Sidebum 3
Daicos 2
Noble 2 wing

Q2

Crisp 10 (7w, 3i)
T.Brown 9 wing
Adams 9
Pendles 7
Sier 6
Daicos 4
WHE 3 wing
Noble 3 wing
Sidebum 2
de Goey 1
Elliott 1

Q3

T.Brown 7 wing
Adams 6
Crisp 5 (3i, 2w)
Pendles 4
Sier 4
Sidebum 3
Noble 3 wing
WHE 2 wing
de Goey 1

Q4

Crisp 5 (all inside)
Adams 5
WHE 5 wing
T.Brown 3 wing
Pendles 2
Sidebum 2
Noble 2 wing
Sier 1
How do you get these stats, if you have not already answered?

Crisp so good.

Rofl. Nothing about what was leaked made it look like the players were at fault. As I said, you’ve been blinded by your dislike of Ed. He wasn’t the source of the leaks.
It seemed obvious the Treloar camp was leaking, but also that we were leaking stuff about our concerns regarding mental health if he didn't move to the Gold Coast with his wife.

For the first time in 40 years since 1981, Collingwood have edged Carlton in the head-to-head record and recorded their first win of the 2021 season in convincing fashion by 21 points. The Magpies played a breathtaking brand of footy that set the tone for the remainder of the night. It was a contest that had numerous momentum swings, yet Collingwood were able to respond to each challenge that the Blues gave them, especially after Carlton reduced a 30-point lead early in the second term to 8 points before the Woods booted a settling goal to take a comfortable, yet moderate lead into half time. The second half had fewer goals kicked by both sides, yet Collingwood found a way to score enough goals to extend their lead, before ultimately icing the game late in the final term to secure the points. The Magpies delivered what I wanted from them, which was winning the contested ball, and feeding it to runners on the outside to maintain possession, which then gave the forwards adequate opportunities to take marks and convert goals, when it was a very prominent in the first half, before being slightly wasteful in the second half with a number of dropped marks and missed goals to kill the game off earlier, not that it mattered. I also wanted Brodie Grundy to extract his digit after a poor game against the Bulldogs, and got the desired outcome that he and I would've been wanting and looking for. The third and final bullet point was forward half territory, and forward half stoppages where the Magpies were able to get enough supply and opportunities to create goals they were not able to produce in their previous game. Pleasingly, to convert 16 goals and double their score (106 after scoring 53 in the opening game) is a testament to the character of the team and club. Collingwood won't lose any or very many matches if they're able to conjure and produce 16 goals per game going forward.

Collingwood had ascendancies in disposals by +25 (371 - 346), kicks by +17 (231 - 214), handballs were won by +8 (140 - 132), while contested possessions had a differential of +19 (145 - 126), and intercept possessions had an advantage of +5 (71 - 66). Hit-outs were won by +34 (55 - 21), +24 for tackles (65 - 41), uncontested marks had a margin of +2 (83 - 81), with a differential of +4 for Contested Marks (14 - 10). Carlton's gains came for clearances by +5 (40 - 35), centre clearances were won by +5 (17 - 12), Tackles Inside 50 were won by +4 (9 - 5), and Inside 50s had an advantage of +12 (60 - 48). The statistical categories in dispute were uncontested possessions (217 each), stoppage clearances (23 apiece), and Marks Inside 50 (13 all).

Scott Pendlebury (30 disposals @ 67%, 372 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 20 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 16 kicks, 14 handballs, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 2 goal assists, 11 score involvements, 3 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 6 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) put on a clinical display, which also had uncharacteristic skill errors.

Taylor Adams (29 disposals @ 62%, 519 metres gained, 18 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 18 kicks, 11 handballs, 3 marks, 7 tackles, 1 goal assist, 10 score involvements, 13 clearances, 8 centre clearances, 5 stoppage clearances, 9 Inside 50s & 1 goal) was involved in absolutely everything. Won the contested ball, got clearances, laid plenty tackles, set goals up and kicked an improbable goal of the night from the pocket on his non-preferred foot which was reviewed before being given as a goal.

Steele Sidebottom (20 disposals @ 70%, 415 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 14 kicks, 6 handballs, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 2 goal assists, 8 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 4 Inside 50s & 1 goal) got an early goal, before creating numerous scoring chains where he was influential, damaging and impacted the play at every opportunity that came his way.

Brodie Grundy (16 disposals @ 56%, 160 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 6 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 51 hit-outs, 7 kicks, 9 handballs, 3 marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal assist, 7 score involvements, 4 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances & 4 Rebound 50s) got better the longer the game went after a slow start. Impacted the play a lot more with his follow-up work after winning his taps. This should be his standard for the remainder of the season.

Jack Crisp (36 disposals @ 69%, 788 metres gained, 15 contested possessions, 21 uncontested possessions, 8 intercept possessions, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal assist, 7 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 6 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) displayed his most prolific game for the club, with stints in the midfield and on the wing, allowing him to be much more dangerous when he wasn't stationed across half-back. Isaac Quaynor's emergence as a rebounding defender is enabling Crisp this lease of life as a midfielder, which he would not be having if Quaynor was not making progress.

John Noble (23 disposals @ 78%, 310 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 10 handballs, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 3 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) is becoming an important playmaker behind the ball with his leg speed, and steady ball use becoming more than useful. Noble is getting an additional role on the wing to provide separation from opponents and packs whenever he gathers the footy.

Darcy Moore (22 disposals @ 91%, 245 metres gained, 13 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 18 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 8 handballs, 6 marks, 3 Contested Marks, 2 tackles, 5 score involvements & 6 Rebound 50s) has taken his game to a new level this season after an excellent season in 2020. Moore's aggressive and daring ball use to generate scores after taking intercept marks is a sight to behold in every game I watch Moore play. Moore's mark between two opponents in Harry McKay (Moore's direct opponent) and Levi Casboult was one of the biggest highlights and moments of the evening.

Jeremy Howe (22 disposals @ 82%, 345 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 10 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 7 handballs, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 4 score involvements & 6 Rebound 50s) found his feet after an indifferent return to AFL football the previous week against the Bulldogs. Howe was much more assured with his decision-making behind the ball and took his fair share of marks with confidence. Complimented Darcy Moore nicely, and long may that continue in 2021.

Isaac Quaynor (16 disposals @ 75%, 510 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 12 kicks, 4 handballs, 3 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 6 Rebound 50s) had a very slow and pedestrian half of footy, before generating significant rebound and transition off half-back in the second half to demonstrate he is ready to take the next step.

Jordan De Goey (16 disposals @ 62%, 283 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 11 kicks, 5 handballs, 6 marks, 5 Marks Inside 50, 2 goal assists, 12 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 4 goals) had an absolute blinder against Carlton in his 100th game. He was Collingwood's best player at half time in my opinion. De Goey was not able to rage on in the second half as he would have liked or wanted, but the damage he created in the first two quarters (including 3 majors in the second quarter) was very telling and significant.

Josh Daicos (16 disposals @ 88%, 332 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 10 kicks, 6 handballs, 2 marks, 5 tackles, 7 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s, 2 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) got involved when he got introduced into the midfield, and built momentum from there. He became busy, got involved in scoring chains, and converted a classy snap in the second term to open his account this season.

Will Hoskin-Elliott (12 disposals @ 83%, 242 metres gained, 2 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 11 kicks, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 8 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) found some much needed form and touch after struggling for most of 2020, and the opening game of the season in 2021.against the Western Bulldogs. Hoskin-Elliott was able to steady the ship in the second quarter with a settling goal when Carlton came back hard. Glad to see Will amongst the marks, score involvements and the scoreboard.

Mason Cox (10 disposals @ 60%, 107 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 3 uncontested possessions, 4 hit-outs, 6 kicks, 4 handballs, 3 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 3 tackles, 8 score involvements & 2 goals) had an unusually sloppy night, where he dropped simple marks and missed goals he would normally convert. Solid effort to kick two goals on an indifferent night for him. Make sure you convert more than you miss, Mason!

Brody Mihocek (9 disposals @ 100%, 316 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 5 uncontested possessions, 8 kicks, 6 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 3 Marks Inside 50, 5 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 3 goals) made the most of his limited opportunities and provided an avenue to goal for his teammates at all times. Excellent composure and poise to soak 30 seconds and convert the snap from the Olympic Stand pocket to seal the deal.

Jamie Elliott (5 disposals @ 100%, 114 metres gained, 2 contested possessions, 3 contested possessions, 4 kicks, 4 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50 & 2 goals) looked set for a huge night, before landing on his ankle and cracked his fibula, which means he'll be out for 3 months. Elliott kicked 2 goals the previous week against the Dogs, and kicked 2 early majors against the Blues to suggest he was going to kick a bag. Alas, that did not occur and he will be missed.

Collingwood's next game will be against the Brisbane Lions on April at Marvel Stadium. The Lions have been told to remain in Victoria indefinitely. Huge opportunity to knock off a quality opponent in premiership contention on our dunghill in Melbourne. The Lions are surprisingly vulnerable right now, but are highly capable of getting the win that will get their season going in 2021. Collingwood's mission is to delay that outcome for the Lions by another week.

Last edited:
The AFL decided to keep Brisbane men’s team in Melbourne for at least another day on Sunday, to buy time before making a definitive call on where the Lions’ Thursday night game against Collingwood is played.

The Lions’ travel plans to return to Queensland put on hold within hours of their flight’s scheduled departure on Sunday. Sources close to the situation said the team was on the bus ready to leave for Melbourne airport but had been pulled off and were awaiting further instructions.

The AFL decided to keep Brisbane men’s team in Melbourne for at least another day on Sunday, to buy time before making a definitive call on where the Lions’ Thursday night game against Collingwood is played.

The Lions’ travel plans to return to Queensland put on hold within hours of their flight’s scheduled departure on Sunday. Sources close to the situation said the team was on the bus ready to leave for Melbourne airport but had been pulled off and were awaiting further instructions.
Just play it at the G and swap the return game later in the year to the GABBA?

Just play it at the G and swap the return game later in the year to the GABBA?
They’ve already mentioned if it’s here it will
Be played at marvel, checking the season that’s where we were playing lions, or there’s an option of Metricon as it’s outside the zone.

Watched the replay again, can’t emphasise enough how great Adams game was Thurs.
Have been a critic in the past, though his game on Thurs was superb.
Machine inside clearances, great tackle on Williams and terrific goal.
Great work Tay, more of the same🙂

Not sure how you found the game hard to watch. I actually really enjoyed our ball movement. Yes we made some errors but at least we did it while taking the game on. I personally hope we keep playing like we did last night.

It was very frustrating watching the ball continually funbled or turned over in every conceivable situation, including when there was no pressure.

Taking the game on is fine and a step in the right direction considering where we've come from with out ball movement (and I've been beating that particular drum as hard as anyone here), but I don't think it's too much to ask for just a tiny bit of composure and skill when acquiring or disposing of the pill.

It was very frustrating watching the ball continually funbled or turned over in every conceivable situation, including when there was no pressure.

Taking the game on is fine and a step in the right direction considering where we've come from with out ball movement (and I've been beating that particular drum as hard as anyone here), but I don't think it's too much to ask for just a tiny bit of composure and skill when acquiring or disposing of the pill.

We weren't as bad as some teams, particularly norf - and gc weren't much better, but yeah we really need to sharpen the fundamentals particularly without pressure. Hopefully that has been realised in the box and it gets addressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair points mate, but you must be hard to please.

We are all fans, so no probs.

Actually the blose won that area, we equaled them around the stoppage but they got us at the bounce 17-12. I'm willing to bet though that we had better bounce clearances on the overall - particularly when we scored well, 1st half.

I probably needed to word that a little differently. We weren’t as bad as the game against the doggies, they smashed us in that area.

And to Gimp, yeah they are ****ed re, Μαλάκες με το κεφάλαιο Μ.

He can be dangerous but he needs to play more than 1 qtr. 2 possessions in the first half was ordinary particularly when you see how many opportunities he gets and just keeps getting knocked off the ball
Problem is his replacement will show up for 0 quarters

Fair points mate, but you must be hard to please.

We are all fans, so no probs.

I don't know, is wanting to see the basics executed to a reasonable standard on a more consistent basis aiming too high?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back