Round 2 Changes v Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bell embodies the saying of "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" except I saw plenty of our girls go into contests harder and with more determination.

Gold star for brilliance.LOL and days from now still LOL stop it I am crying too much ,with laughter that is.

With Rich out, best bet is bringing in Allison to play that wing role and push Robbo back in defence. Allison played that position well in the JLT Series I thought and provides some speed and penetration if he hits his kicks.

And if Robinson is out, I'm a fan of getting Bailey in the side. Got a feeling about him; I saw him in the NEAFL the other week and his stoppage work is very good and can kick goals.

The conundrum with Bell for me is that he seems to be a ‘soft’, 6 foot 2, and 100+ kgs player - for his ‘size’, I’d expect more CP, more CM and more tackles.

On Saturday he had,
  • plus 2 on his average of contested possessions [there were only four Lions who had more]
  • but didn’t lay a tackle.
  • He only takes a few contested marks – has a career TOTAL of only 16 [this is his 7th AFL year] and had none again on Saturday.
  • And frees, for every one he receives he gives more than two away. [rnd 1, didn’t receive any but gave 3 away].
The vexed question is he’s the 10th oldest player on our list yet he falls between Lewis Taylor and Darcy Gardiner with AFL games played. Fagan, now in his second year has around a dozen players out of contract this year, Bell being one of them. Tom would be well aware of the level of expectation being placed on him and Fages would still have the freedom of a long term/big picture frame of mind over the 2018’s WIN/LOSS numbers.

Saturday was only Tom’s 21st senior game at the Lions and only his 7th under Fagan, I’m no coach but I’d be offering Tom a little more time.

One word -compelling ( 1st part)

And your comment only 7 th under Fagan - says it all. M Nunan would not give him the time of day so should we.

Rich out indefinitely.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That makes it (unintentionally) sound worse than it is. I hear "out indefinitely" and think "oh it's so bad they can't even put a timeline on it". :p

The 27-year-old will not require surgery, but he will miss Round 2 against the Melbourne Demons at the Gabba.

He will be assessed on a week by week basis.

Could be right for round 3 based on an optimistic reading of that. Ankles can come around quick.

If it was a high sheppard then surely it should be careless or reckless rather than intentional?

I guess that's the difference between a shepherd on a guy just standing there versus someone going at the ball or in a running position. It'd be harder to argue "it slipped up" if you knew the guy was just standing there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That makes it (unintentionally) sound worse than it is. I hear "out indefinitely" and think "oh it's so bad they can't even put a timeline on it". :p

The 27-year-old will not require surgery, but he will miss Round 2 against the Melbourne Demons at the Gabba.

He will be assessed on a week by week basis.

Could be right for round 3 based on an optimistic reading of that. Ankles can come around quick.
Might be talki g about this article

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-26/lion-daniel-rich-ruptures-ankle-ligament-out-indefinitely

One word -compelling ( 1st part)

And your comment only 7 th under Fagan - says it all. M Nunan would not give him the time of day so should we.

Had me at compelling [1st part]

Then your M Nunan would not give him the time of day - says it all.

:thumbsu: ;)

Out: Robbo (susp) Rich (injured)
In: Cutler, Allison

Cutler to give us another option up forward and a different look, also has the versatility to play a wing or HB role.
Allison for pace against the Dees. Bailey as a smokey for this position, Keays could also come into consideration.
If Walker doesn't get up, then I'd be playing Oscar, could be useful against Gawn and a threat up forward.

I've said it a few times, but please stop saying Cox should get a game. He had 0 possession IN A FULL JLT GAME!
Unless we have an injury crisis, I doubt he'll be in the frame until mid-season.

Glad you weren't on the selection panel after JBs first game!!

In all seriousness though Cox will be in the conversation but likely based on his off-season body of work rather than a one off disappointing JLT game.

They could also bring in Payne and look to rejig the back line

Out: Robbo (susp) Rich (injured)
In: Cutler, Allison

Cutler to give us another option up forward and a different look, also has the versatility to play a wing or HB role.
Allison for pace against the Dees. Bailey as a smokey for this position, Keays could also come into consideration.
If Walker doesn't get up, then I'd be playing Oscar, could be useful against Gawn and a threat up forward.
Plus the Big O might want to show his former employer what they r missing out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back