Autopsy Round 2: Changes v Essendon: Brayshaw, Lumumba in for Frost, McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to Essendon being a VFL side, yes?

We have to play Frost. He has nude photos of everybody.
Fair enough. For whatever reason I totally forgot about Essendon being a combo of kids footy plus a dodgy supergroup.

And the mental picture of you with your gumboots full to brimming plus texting with one hand and dodgy Telstra reception is pretty much sufficient

Nude backflips. We talk about those at the office all the time.

I was going to reply with something topical but I got distracted watching video clips.

I love that clip. I don't know whether I like pulp fiction detective stories the most, or the spin off spoofs that follow. I think I would choose either over whatever is scheduled tonight.

I love that clip. I don't know whether I like pulp fiction detective stories the most, or the spin off spoofs that follow. I think I would choose either over whatever is scheduled tonight.

Fun fact: Traci Lords was 9 years old when that scene was filmed.

If we drop him after one game, what will we learn?

I'm not interested in learning something, more just giving him every chance to build confidence and momentum.

We've seen more than one game though. Frost falls into that category of honest, athletic tryer and he isn't a forward's a-hole. At least Pedo has actually done the job on occasion in the forward line, and we need another runner. "Building confidence and momentum" comes with winning - players still need to be worth their spot. Cliches don't win games.

We've seen more than one game though. Frost falls into that category of honest, athletic tryer and he isn't a forward's a-hole. At least Pedo has actually done the job on occasion in the forward line, and we need another runner. "Building confidence and momentum" comes with winning - players still need to be worth their spot. Cliches don't win games.

If we had 1 spot and we're playing in a granny tomorrow, I would chose Pedo.

I do feel like we know what we will get with him though, whereas we can forget that Frost is only 22 which is pretty young for a KPP.

Also, Frost is an athlete which we are trying to turn into a footy player. He will only get there with more game time.

If frost doesnt go to daniher then he is out for mine. Get brayshaw in, really hurt their young campaigners and kill the game early

If we had 1 spot and we're playing in a granny tomorrow, I would chose Pedo.

I do feel like we know what we will get with him though, whereas we can forget that Frost is only 22 which is pretty young for a KPP.

Also, Frost is an athlete which we are trying to turn into a footy player. He will only get there with more game time.

Plenty of game time available at Casey. I'd rather we selected a footy player who is already a footy player.

Worst week to do it, I think. Say he does well, what have you learned? It's only a VFL side.

So you're saying the options are for him to play VFL with the forward line the coaching staff don't want him a part of or against a VFL side as part of the forward line they do want him as part of. Lose/lose then? Delist?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're saying the options are for him to play VFL with the forward line the coaching staff don't want him a part of or against a VFL side as part of the forward line they do want him as part of. Lose/lose then? Delist?

You're right, he should retire tomorrow and go into a more suitable line of work.

dumbo3.jpg

He's above the VFL level already I reckon.

If that's the case, I'm sure it'll be no trouble for him to go back to Casey, slot 6 or 8 sausage rolls and make everyone look foolish?

Sure this week will be a good game for him to play, and beat up on Essendon, but the forward line was too big, and he was the worst of the big blokes.

He's played 4 games in 12 months, needs some form, and if there isn't an overwhelming need for him to be in the AFL due to injuries, VFL is the place for him to find it

I know MFCSS says we will lose on Saturday, but I think we will cream them in contested ball (Especially in the middle). Sure it could be an ugly game if our ball movement doesn't improve, but weight of numbers will make it impossible to lose.

I dreamt about the footy for the first time in years ...

Alls I'm saying is if your truly nervous put 100 on the dons and if Melbourne lose at least you have a whole weekend of partying to forget about it

Actually better idea everyone tip a tonne of money into Essendon until they become favourites then we have to win

Is that really how Melbourne intended to use him? Melksham is reasonable defensively so isn't a liability as a defender but he's never won enough uncontested footy playing anywhere to be damaging as an outside running type.

I think the way for Melbourne to get the best out of Melksham would be to use him in a similar fashion to Bernie Vince.
He supposedly impressed in his last three games of the season playing at halfback for the Bombers, so was recruited to play a similar role. Having not watched the tail end of their season I don't know how warranted it is other than he averaged around 20 disposals in those three games. I personally can only recall the shithouse Melksham of the past two years. That said, our current recruiters don't have too many misses to their name so far, so will wait and see.

I know MFCSS says we will lose on Saturday, but I think we will cream them in contested ball (Especially in the middle). Sure it could be an ugly game if our ball movement doesn't improve, but weight of numbers will make it impossible to lose.

if our ball improvement improve DOES improve (4th highest effective disposal efficiency in the AFL in round one) it should be a very nice game to watch on Saturday :)

Edit: lol at my proof reading abilities on that sentence. Yall get my drift

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back