Prediction Round 2: Changes Vs St Kilda + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's quite a lot of in & outs for both teams from Round 22 last season to Round 2 this season.

We went with Meek, Darcy, Taberner & Treacy last time but we didn't have the small forwards, although I think Crowden did ok.

Fremantle In: Brodie, Chapman, Clark, Frederick, Hamling, Lobb, Schultz, Walters, Switkowski* (*subbed off 1st half 39%game time)
Fremantle Out: Bewley, Crowden, Henry, Mundy, Taberner,, Treacy, Walker, Watson, Western* (*subbed on for Switkowski 44% game time)

St Kilda In: Battle, Gresham, Hayes, King, Lienert, Joyce, Paton, Wanganeen-Milera, Wood, Byrnes* (*prev. 22%game time subbed on for Hill)
St Kilda Out: Bytel, Coffield, Clavarino, Hannebery, Howard, Hunter, Jones, Kent, Long, Sharman

Hill was subbed off 61%game time in prev match.

Gone the same way (except for Banfield):

Ryan Pearce Hamling
Young Logue Clark
Acres Brayshaw Tucker
Frederick Treacy Switkowski
Schultz Lobb Walters

Darcy Brodie Serong

Chapman Colyer Walker Aish

Emerg: Henry

Don't think its going to be wet, but the wind forecast is around 30km/h for most of the afterno
Look we will have to wait and see what happens on Sunday but i will say if we play a kid on debut as the medical sub then that is absolutely pathetic and disgraceful from match committee.

If NOD cant make 22 then leave him out all together and just put Henry as Sub.

AFL debuts should be a moment to remember dont make the kid sit on the pine not knowing if he will get on or not.

GWA deservedly copped flak last year for doing it too some kid who never got on the field for his debut.
I don’t think they will name O’Driscoll as the medi sub but think he was congratulated today on being in the Sunday squad of 26ish for the first time. Also means if there are more out he is in line for a game. Exciting for him to be in the conversation for a game which our coach has confirmed before.

So where do we line up?

FB: Ryan, Logue, Chapman
HB: Young, Pearce (C), Clark
C: Acres, Brayshaw, Tucker
HF: Frederick, Lobb, Walters
FF: Schultz, Hamling, Switkowski
R: Darcy, Serong, Brodie
I: Meek, Aish, Colyer, Banfield

Taylor , I am swapping Chapman, Hamling and Lobb.
Lobb to full forward, Joel to back pocket and Heath goes to CHF.

For all the talk of Josh Rachele and how good he was last week against us, if he’d fallen to pick 8 and we’d taken him last November, let’s be honest here, he would have played last weekend at peel instead of in the AFL. “Defensive efforts” or some s**t like that would be the excuse given for picking the likes of Banfield ahead of him.
Nah I rekon he would have got a game

Last time we played them they flogged us.

2020 we won an extreme tight affair.

Late 2019 they finished our finals hoped.

Early 2019 we won a very tight one.

They clearly match up well on us, we have now been hit by covid, they will want to improve on last week....be on red alert ladies and gents.
shay mountain asa GIF by Outsiders

Banfield to do a lock down job on Steel surely, similar to last years derby on TK.
That leaves 2 talls to bring ball to ground and speedy mosquitos to mop up.
he did that last year, didn't work
That's what I cant get behind. Treacy brought it to ground every single time he was in a contest. His bare minimum is already what we expect from Meek at best this week. Do we think there is any chance Meek kicks that snap Treacy did last game?

I am stunned Banfield continues to get games, it's not fair on the guy but I am borderline angry he keeps getting in the team. The worst part is, sooner or later he'll have one of his decent games and get locked in for another month of mediocrity
100%. If Meek's playing mostly forward, he'll be doing well just to match Treacy's output from last week, let alone be an upgrade. it's starting to get to Marcus Harris areas for me with Banfield tbh

he did that last year, didn't work

100%. If Meek's playing mostly forward, he'll be doing well just to match Treacy's output from last week, let alone be an upgrade. it's starting to get to Marcus Harris areas for me with Banfield tbh
Hmm, I see it as Lobb staying in the forward line and Darcy (in his first game back) spending a lot of time forward ( which I love because his marking is superior to our other forwards).

I think Meek has reduced game time but is mainly in the ruck and just a touch forward.

Glad they kept Meek in , underrated game last week

He laid some taps on a plate for our mids who somehow managed to stuff it up over and over

He’s not a marking ruck anyway if it is wet that’s perfect for his big body and follow up around the contest style

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Aish can play midfield, in fact he would be a good midfielder. Colyer and Switkowski could rotate through there as well. It would provide added speed.
Reckon Tucker will get most of Mundy’s midfield minutes, they loved his work in the preseason ie tthd

First they make a some suspect decisions for this weeks game and then they take away the Big Mac promotion and replace it with a chance to win one of 25 prizes out of tens of thousands of members.

What a s**t idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor , I am swapping Chapman, Hamling and Lobb.
Lobb to full forward, Joel to back pocket and Heath goes to CHF.
Look Chapman can play anywhere but now is not the time to move him around. As evidenced by his quiet game last Sunday, keep him in defence for the season so he can find his feet at the top level and build match fitness and confidence. Next season we can start to have discussions on where to move him.

Unfortunately it’s peak Freo to have our 3 top 20 picks not match fit or injured to kick off the season, Captain and best player out for 6, best Forward missing the start of the season, our best ruck not fit, missing our potentially best medium fwd prospect in Sturt, list goes on. Maybe one year we’ll get it right. Banfield/Meek forward line it is.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unfortunately it’s peak Freo to have our 3 top 20 picks not match fit or injured to kick off the season, Captain and best player out for 6, best Forward missing the start of the season, our best ruck not fit, missing our potentially best medium fwd option in Sturt, list goes on. Maybe one year we’ll get it right. Banfield/Meek forward line it is.

Erasmus is match fit but played mainly school footy and doesn't know higher level running pattterns etc.

Erasmus is match fit but played mainly school footy and doesn't know higher level running pattterns etc.

Obviously i’m not aware of reasons why, but surley a run in either or both of the practice games would have gone a long way to acquiring those skills if he was fit. Seems odd we left him out.

While we all fret and worry abour JLo’s choices and our assumed knowledge of who’s good or bad, should we perhaps show a degree of trust that there’s a very good reason why JLo has picked who he has. I’d bet every single choice has been argued, thrashed out and reasoned at the selection committee. I’m willing to bet that JLos got a way better and intimate read of where every single player on our list is at, and who needs to play this week, and why. I’ll back ya JLo, but…

DON’T F**K IT UP

I wouldn't use Henry as the Sub, you want your sub to be flexible. Nods is more flexible than Henry.
That might be the case.

But the club should not be handing him a debut as the medical sub.

Its simply unacceptable and unfair on the kid.

Its not needed Henry or even Brandon Walker can be the sub for an emergency injury during the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back