Oppo Camp Round 2 discussion (Non MFC games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we have been particularly bad at it. I think it would be common for young teams to have more goals scored on them at the end of quarters as their fitness would be lower and ability to stick to a game plan reduced when they are fatigued. But also unorganised teams can have goals scored them heavily at the start of quarters if it takes them a few quarters to get their structures right.

Probably a question sirwampthing has answered before but i'm now keen to find out.

Geez Ablett has been in a good paddock over quarantine. The tight jumpers don’t do too many favours, but I can see a hamstring going in the first few weeks with the extra donuts he’s carrying around

Weren't the hawks lauded as all conquering heroes after defeating the lions? They were back, Clarkson was a God and so on.

Bit of a reality check tonight. Probably not a bad team but not special.

Geez Ablett has been in a good paddock over quarantine. The tight jumpers don’t do too many favours, but I can see a hamstring going in the first few weeks with the extra donuts he’s carrying around
First thing I thought re the game, 'Gaz has plumped up'.

21 and 2, I'd chunk up for that. ;)

Had to stop watching at half time. Wtf happened?
Hawks literally came to a standstill and their midfield which was questionable in the first half was utterly obliterated.

Didn’t want either of these teams to win TBH, but it’s nice to see Hawthorn get thumped in Geelong for once. We have to travel down that shitty highway every ******* year so it’s good to see them forced to take a turn.

Hawks literally came to a standstill and their midfield which was questionable in the first half was utterly obliterated.

Didn’t want either of these teams to win TBH, but it’s nice to see Hawthorn get thumped in Geelong for once. We have to travel down that shitty highway every ******* year so it’s good to see them forced to take a turn.
I enjoyed it purely for the vindication of my assertion that Hawthorn are going to be one of the top teams this year. Heard so many media muppets spouting that, but just couldn't see it myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched 10 mins of the cats vs hawks.
Watched the 2004 game vs StKilda the other day.

This sport is the pussiest s**t of all time. I ******* hate it. I can't stand it. It's a ******* joke how soft it is now. I was talking to some girl servers here because it was playing in the bar and all they could say is it's the gay rugby. Can't even argue. It's soft as *

Watched 10 mins of the cats vs hawks.
Watched the 2004 game vs StKilda the other day.

This sport is the pussiest s**t of all time. I ******* hate it. I can't stand it. It's a ******* joke how soft it is now. I was talking to some girl servers here because it was playing in the bar and all they could say is it's the gay rugby. Can't even argue. It's soft as fu**

Stop following then? If you hate it that much just stop watching and walk away it's not that hard.

I would hate my life if I continually watched something I hated.

Stop following then? If you hate it that much just stop watching and walk away it's not that hard.

I would hate my life if I continually watched something I hated.
It's not that simple, feel obligated to watch Melbourne now after so many years of pain.

GC and Norf throwing up some odd results so far. Those and the Crows flogging will have the heat off Goody but hopefully internally they go over that slop and work on the many problems with the side.

Hard to know what it means for this season. Whether it's just weird results due to the first game back or if the break has legitimately thrown a curveball and evened up the competition.

Hard to know what it means for this season. Whether it's just weird results due to the first game back or if the break has legitimately thrown a curveball and evened up the competition.
I assume it's just first game back weirdness. WC looked very sluggish and sloppy last night, while the Sun's had heaps of run and pressured all night. If this was round 9 Rowell, Anderson etc mightn't have the same zip as the games take their toll.
Could make finals spots interesting though given the shortened season.

I assume it's just first game back weirdness. WC looked very sluggish and sloppy last night, while the Sun's had heaps of run and pressured all night. If this was round 9 Rowell, Anderson etc mightn't have the same zip as the games take their toll.
Could make finals spots interesting though given the shortened season.

Maybe our shitness for three quarters was just first game back weirdness :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back