Oppo Camp Round 2 discussion (Non MFC games)

Remove this Banner Ad

The tigers keep bombing it into the forward 50, they look like they are playing a familiar gameplan to another team tonight, but I can’t think who.

The tigers keep bombing it into the forward 50, they look like they are playing a familiar gameplan to another team tonight, but I can’t think who.

If every team plays this style we're ahead of the curve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably give the first week or two a pass on quality as these are strange times. But geez, if they are two of the best teams in the comp and they dish up that garbage, the game could officially be in trouble if that low scoring defensive rubbish continues. Rather footy on than not, but I won't be watching many more games (except Dees) if this is the best AFL has to offer.

I reckon if the game had gone 10 min more the Tigers would have won . Anyway it seems the team that bungs the points on early has a big chance of snagging the points . :rolleyes: :think::)

I reckon if the game had gone 10 min more the Tigers would have won . Anyway it seems the team that bungs the points on early has a big chance of snagging the points . :rolleyes: :think::)
Richmond pulled a Melbourne in the second half particularly the 3rd quarter. Collingwood just flooded back which stops Richmond's flukey style but the problem was they denied themselves scoring opportunities. Would have been frustrating being a Collingwood supporter not seeing a goal for 2.5 quarter's.

Didn't watch but geez that score is putrid. Not the blockbuster the AFL wanted. Really they probably should've put a s**t side up against on of them so the game could flow more and be higher scoring.

Seems teams might resort to super defensive mode for the next couple of weeks as the comp settles in again. One or two early losses in a shorter season could be huge for finals spots.

Didn't watch but geez that score is putrid. Not the blockbuster the AFL wanted. Really they probably should've put a s**t side up against on of them so the game could flow more and be higher scoring.

Seems teams might resort to super defensive mode for the next couple of weeks as the comp settles in again. One or two early losses in a shorter season could be huge for finals spots.

It was super ugly. All pressure and no skill. Basically the opposite of the State of Origin game.

I'm not sure how much you can credit the low skill level to the players being rusty, there was just no time for players to execute anything before the pressure came.

It does highlight the pointlessness of the 6-6-6 rule though. If teams aren't kicking goals then it's not going to stop players from crowding the ball.

Dogshit game. Usually Richmond pull away in the 3rd quarter so it was funny how they were about to but the game stopped.

16 minute quarters just feels so wrong. I would like to see a breakdown of at what part of each quarter do most goals get kicked. For us it feels like we always let teams kick goals in the last 2 minutes, maybe become we were unfit or unfocused, but i wonder what the league average would be.

Dogshit game. Usually Richmond pull away in the 3rd quarter so it was funny how they were about to but the game stopped.

16 minute quarters just feels so wrong. I would like to see a breakdown of at what part of each quarter do most goals get kicked. For us it feels like we always let teams kick goals in the last 2 minutes, maybe become we were unfit or unfocused, but i wonder what the league average would be.
Certainly in recent history. The freo game 2017 comes to my mind. We had a comfortable lead late in the second quarter then they booted 2 late goals and took the margin back to 21. The 3rd quarter they piled on 7 goals to our none no doubt they got that momentum from just before half time. Another example I can think of but was years ago the 02 semi against Adelaide in the 3rd quarter were all over them and just gave thrm a sniff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back