NRL Round 2 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
After a great start to round 1 the weather got the better of it to cause a few lower drawing crowds. Typical opening round in many ways with a few upsets too.

Some really good match ups this weekend and we should see an exciting round of footy.

It all kicks off on Thursday night when the already under pressure Dragons take on South Sydney who upset the Roosters. Souths will go in as red hot favorites, but beware the wounded Dragons. Shouldn't be much in it.

On Friday night the 6pm game should be an absolute blinder when Canberra take on Melbourne who were fantastic last weekend and don't look to be that far off the mark even without Slater. Game 2 and a real crunch one for the Broncos when they host North Queensland. Going 0-2 will be a massive downside for the Brisbane who looked poor for the most part against the Storm.

Super Saturday starts off with Cronulla v Gold Coast, Newcastle v Penrith and then Manly v the Roosters. I doubt anyone will tip the Titans and rightly so. Huge game for the Panthers and like the Broncos a loss will be bad. Newcastle from what little I saw will only get better as the season rolls on. The Roosters should get their first win of the season against Manly who look like equal favorites for the spoon.

On Sunday at 4pm the Eels should go 2-0 with a solid win against the Bulldogs. Excellent game coming up to finish the round as the table topping Warriors make the trek to Campbelltown to face a resurgent West Tigers. After being written off by many when SJ walked out, the Warriors have won both their trials and were fantastic against a poor Dogs. Wests were seldom troubled against Manly and were much better than the trial form from NZ. They'll probably go in favorites at home, but the Warriors have improved a lot on the road. May well be the best game of the weekend.

Kettles

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2005
Darn Sarf
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Storm QPR
You are an honest to god Plank, Chambers. Totally devoid of attacking nous. How this bloke gets picked for Rep games, let alone Storm’s starting roster is an absolute mystery to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parramatta look a totally different team to last season, they look confident in attack and strong in defence.

Not sure if we have the team to make the eight, but early signs are very positive that we are going to be very competitive this season.

Good comeback after a poor start. Dogs or Manly for the spoon unless we see a major change in fortunes.
Happy to see either or those clubs get the spoon, Manly is my first choice as they haven't won a spoon before, but it would shut up some of my family members if the Dogs get it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back