Round 2 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2092 and i fell to 3005th. I was never that keen on Heeney but took him because he was a 'safe option' and now massively regret that call. My POD forwards Fisher and Mathieson have been average and I'm quickly losing faith in Witherden. Also, im very worried about Goldy if North keep this 2 ruck strategy. I don't have Cogs, Rocky, Sheed, Brouch or Libba and im just 8k short of doing Heeney -> Parker and Collins > Lloyd. Anyway, Worpel and Cousins have been handy and Steele + Taranto are doing well enough to not be an issue. Crisp hopefully hits 120+ more often than he goes <70 and Witherden is one score of 100+ from a decent average.

Anyway, the trade options i like are: Heeney -> Parker & Collins -> Whitfield or just Heeney -> Telly. Even without some of the great value options and Cogs my midfield shouldnt be too much of an issue. I did lose 76 points last round from backing Scott in ahead of Constable. I wont be making that mistake again! If Fisher and Mathieson improve my team will start to look a lot better, granted Mathieson is actually scoring decently given his price point but an extra 5-7 points would be great. Fisher has been hot and cold, with 2 terrible halves and 2 good ones. I'm hoping he can be a bit more consistent and i think he'll start pumping out 90s, im not quite ready to label him a flop yet!
What is your opinion of Scott, does he get dropped ?? And will LDU keep his role if Ahern comes in ?? I watched that Lions v North game, and I don't know about you but in my opinion Mathieson is a spud. With how good their young midfield is developing I don't see him as part of it unless he improves dramatically.

What is your opinion of Scott, does he get dropped ?? And will LDU keep his role if Ahern comes in ?? I watched that Lions v North game, and I don't know about you but in my opinion Mathieson is a spud. With how good their young midfield is developing I don't see him as part of it unless he improves dramatically.
Mathieson is more of a defensive mid and forward, he goes in hard, tackles hard and if im not mistaken i believe he runs harder defensively than offensively. He's not one to pick up cheap possessions on the wings or at half back so he relies on the in and under stuff and particularly when he's forward he relies on tackles and goals.

He has limited ability but with their current young midfield i think he is a decent chop out option when the more talented young mids need a rest (Berry & Mcclugage etc). So yeah, he doesnt have a huge amount of natural ability but i think/hope he is good enough to remain in the team. I am regretting picking him up but if he stays in the team he should make some money.

As for Scott, i didnt see the Freo game (thankfully) but i dont see him remaining in the team this week unfortunately. Although I do think he should get ample opportunity to get back into the team so i wouldn't want to trade him out. LDU looked good for once, i think he will keep his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back