AFL Autopsy Round 2: Essendon 16 point defeat to Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Myers would be getting kudos for a similar performance.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

No one wants to hear this but I think we win that game with Myers in the side.

He's the one bloke on our list that would have been able to at least neutralise some of Fyfe's clearance work and stop him single handedly walking the ball out of the middle

He's the one bloke on our list that would have been able to at least neutralise some of Fyfe's clearance work and stop him single handedly walking the ball out of the middle
I don't know, so many players had a dog of a day... But i don't think there is any doubt that he plays if fit. I'm happy for the likes of Begley and Langford to compete for a spot. If the coaches choose Begley over Langford then there is no point anyone complaining about Myers getting selected. That would be a clear message right there. Not saying it will necessarily happen but from what we have seen so far those two would be neck and neck on merit alone. It's always a nice idea to talk about just giving a player a consistent run at it but if Langford can't pull his weight then it becomes impossible.

Just got home from hiking to watch the game. I really should have checked the score first. The midfield needed to work harder (eg Stringer and Tippa did nothing), they were poor for clearances, and let a lot of balls out without us being able to lock it into the 50.

Joe had a shocker, I would have preferred him as the second ruck option to Stewart in this case.

Thank God for Smith and Freo's inaccuracy. That should have been a 50 point loss.

Anyone else notice how poor our contested marking around the ground was?
This was also a feature against the swans in the final, it seems we have 3 players who can take a grab and about 15 who are hopeless...

Gee Fyfe reminds me so much of how Hird played.

This made me laugh far more than it probably should've done :laughing:

It was a bit of a crazy scene with the missus' mum screaming eveytime it swooped past her and the dog running around going apesh*t and me swinging a broom around hahahah

I noticed that we never wanted to shift from plan A which was bombing to the heads of Hooker and Daniher. The execution of this plan was almost always rushed and the only time we seemed threatening was when we actually looked for options inside 50.

Yep. He parks under the ball, and tries to prevent his opponent jumping over him to get to the ball. He borderline shepherds every time. He got called once and it was to Stewart.

Why is he not getting called?

I don't watch a lot of Freo as a rule, but this was blatant; I picked it up early, I thought it was pretty obvious...???

Can’t afford to just give a guy 10-12 games if he’s not earning it. I’m not saying he deserves to be dropped just yet as he was ok against Crows, but another game like the Freo one and he’s out surely.
I agree 10 of those freo's games you can't . but he was pretty good against adelaide. How many played well against freo. Its like 1 or 2 games and langford is out.but the rest get plenty

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back