VFL Round 2 - Essendon vs Collingwood at Windy Hill (Pies lost 38-118, replay in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgot one good news story, was standing next to a young boy that now hero worships McClarty, had two earplugs and had met McClarty (apparently the story was on Page 3 of The Hun yesterday). Was there with whole family cheering loudly and dad showing photos of the article to all who were around him.

Poor performance though, should not be losing by that much, reckon it will take this new VFL setup 5-6 weeks to figure things out.
That's about as long as it took us to get going last year. And we ended up doing alright. So it's not all doom and gloom yet.

Forgot one good news story, was standing next to a young boy that now hero worships McClarty, had two earplugs and had met McClarty (apparently the story was on Page 3 of The Hun yesterday). Was there with whole family cheering loudly and dad showing photos of the article to all who were around him.
This! Yea for footy

So after today's game, anyone close to AFL? Scharenburg?

Scharenberg would be a good match up for Menzel next week IMO.

Out hunted all day, Kim Jong-un has a better chance of hitting regular targets than our midfield!

Article in Herald Sun regarding game if anyone wants to post on BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's great. Oh man I hope he makes it, he seems like such a quality kid and his success would be an inspiration to many.

Won't matter, 6 day break to the Cats. Short of us playing the geelong vfl team, we have little chance to run out next week's game anyway. Well actually I'm not sure we can beat the cats vfl team either

We can hardly kick a goal in a last quarter & will be playing against a team that come home like a train when we play the cats. Wont be pretty.

Huh? Sitting on the bench listening to tunes and playing an ipad? or was he watching coaching footage on Ipad?
Think it was coaching footage and telling other officials with headsets that I presume were connected to coaching box. All standing, no room on the bench.
So after today's game, anyone close to AFL? Scharenburg?
I think he is ready, also the fool JDG is more than ready.

So it seems from what I have read, that just like the seniors, the VFL boys cannot impact the scoreboard and their skill level by foot is crap. At least we are all on the same page.

People Bagged Aish today but I thought he was better then last weeks effort
True, the next step for Aish this year is to do the good work across 4 full quarters.

Are you joking? Menzel tore him apart in his comeback game a couple of years ago. He is too quck and powerful. Sometimes I think there is another Scharenberg playing and I have been watching the wrong one.:huh:

Two years is a long time in football......cough Keeffe......cough cough Thomas.

Scharenberg would be a good match up for Menzel next week IMO.
Menzel would be too quick for shaz at this stage of the season, the blues game l would give him a run in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back