Preview Round 2: Essendon vs St Kilda, Docklands, Saturday 30/03/19 @ 4:35 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from a couple of famous incidences Sheeds was always very calm in the box, didnt show much emotion. Leigh Mathews was the same. Jeans.

You don’t have to be openly expressive to show you have fire and enthusiasm. Don’t recall many complaining during our 10-4 run last year.
Fair call - it would still be nice to see a bit of fire from him in a box or press conference or even qtr breaks.
The 10-4 run was great but we we still fell short of finals due to a terrible start to the year. His biggest problem is at the selection table. What sort of message does it send dropping a 4th gamer after that performance? He should be making an example of the people who should actually be leading from the front not punishing a kid who actually held his own in that game. This was often the case last year as well.

I don't need to see fire from a coach. I want a person who analyses our list, and trains them to play the best game to maximise the output of that list. They should also be able to tweak it a bit for each opposition based on analysis of their list and game plan.

Firing up is a sure fired way to take your eyes off the ball. The passion and fire is the job of spectators.

While I’m not fussed about Woosha’s lack of fire, I am worried about basically everything that’s came out of his mouth since Sunday.

Apart from a couple of famous incidences Sheeds was always very calm in the box, didnt show much emotion. Leigh Mathews was the same. Jeans.

You don’t have to be openly expressive to show you have fire and enthusiasm. Don’t recall many complaining during our 10-4 run last year.

Umm

Did we watch the same sheeds? The one who started waving his scarf?

Sheedy and lack of emotion in the same sentence doesn’t really add up...

Umm

From what I recall he was always heart in the sleeve guy. Both in and out of the box

Hi. New here. Glad to see more level headed discussion than blitz. Wow those lads are hectic.

Hoping Bzt comes in as late change.

Not sure what to make of Woosha at the moment. Thought he would bring more aggression.

Sure as sheet hope we do better than last weeks cluster. Surely we aren't that bad?

Hi. New here. Glad to see more level headed discussion than blitz. Wow those lads are hectic.

Not sure what to make of Woosha at the moment. Thought he would bring more aggression.

Sure as sheet hope we do better than last weeks cluster. Surely we aren't that bad?

Very good username.

Welcome aboard

Umm

I started by saying “apart from a couple of famous incidences”. The wave and the cut throat.

He was as calm as any in the box

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our line up will look more like;-

Francis Hurley McKenna
Guelfi Ambrose Saad
Z.Merrett Heppell McGrath
Langford Brown Fantasia
Stringer McKernan Tippa

Bellcho Shiel Smith

Bench from: Zakka Myers Parish Baguley

Even with Hooker & Daniher out injured our team still looks strong - at least on paper - and we need to chalk up a few wins against lessor opposition until they return with this game being one we must win. Hopefully last week was an aberration and if the players bring effort we should have too much class across the park for the Saints. I really think we can win this and win comfortably. Got to keep the 197cm Bruce in check - I'm assuming Hurley or Francis will get the gig - Membrey is the other danger but Im not as worried about him - maybe Ambrose gets that match up. Wintery footy like conditions today - I'm looking forward to getting along to the game and hopefully watch the boyz have a good win and get our season back on track. Comon Dons!

Last edited:
How the * does Worsfold justify Baggers selection this time, turning into the biggest running joke of all time.
Come on StKilda, please put a stop to this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back