Preview Round 2: Freo vs Essendon (5:10PM Saturday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
I’m kind of at that stage where kicking goals is more important than the midfield.
And while Sonny could be a midfielder he is definitely a goal kicker.
We’ve just brought in two more midfielders. Leave them to do the work and let Sonny kick the goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 28, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
none
Great preview Rash but I'll disagree
we're coming to get you, as you will soon see.
Arriving in planes, cars maybe bus, by the end of the game you'll be sure sick of us.
We're coming to conquer, hand you a loss, driving the first nail. in the coffin of Ross.
So keep your hopes high as we warm up the pot, and hand out a belting, then we'll be off.
Good post, but we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one :thumbsu::D

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bombers board giving us no chance to win citing Brayshaw, Banfield, Cerra and Crowden having only 2 games between the four of them. Expecting to win by 5 goals based on the fact they beat the Crows last week.
Being this confident, they may be in for more than they expect from our youngsters. Just hope we can make a fast start and kick 3 or 4 more goals than them in the first quarter and make them chase us for the rest of the game.
Hopefully our forward line can click this time at the new ground.

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Bombers board giving us no chance to win citing Brayshaw, Banfield, Cerra and Crowden having only 2 games between the four of them. Expecting to win by 5 goals based on the fact they beat the Crows last week.
Being this confident, they may be in for more than they expect from our youngsters. Just hope we can make a fast start and kick 3 or 4 more goals than them in the first quarter and make them chase us for the rest of the game.
Hopefully our forward line can click this time at the new ground.

Take no notice. The same (few) posters say this every week. You'd think we hadn't lost a game in three years the way some of them carry on.

Your midfield looks formidable and I would expect you to win comfortably in your first 'home' game at your new home.

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Take no notice. The same (few) posters say this every week. You'd think we hadn't lost a game in three years the way some of them carry on.

Your midfield looks formidable and I would expect you to win comfortably in your first 'home' game at your new home.

Sadly I don’t share your confidence but I’ll hope for a big improvement in us over last weeks performance.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
At the very least we need much better games from Fyfe, Mundy, Brad and Walters. If hilly comes in with some form we look much better.

I hope it’s within 14 points at 3/4 time.

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL

Nah, as Ross has said Essendon will be coming over full of beans.
Both teams have yet to play a game on the new oval and if you guys get a quick break at the start the crowd will go dead quiet nullifying the home advantage a bit.
Also make sure your beer fridge is full because watching a Freo game the last few seasons is like watching grass grow unless you like seeing your team flat track it.

Then again there is the slightest possibility that Freo come out fighting and actually come to play.
We have been quite fickle of late.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Our midfielders have to go forward and kick goals for us to have a chance to win. It won't be enough just winning the clearances and the contests.

If Stringer was at his best (he wasn't last week) and they play him as another forward, I can't see any defender on our team with the size and speed to cover him as our defenders will already have their problems matching up with Daniher, Hooker, Stewart, Tipungwuti, Green etc.

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks

Personally I think you will win comfortably. Don't think we can handle your forward line at all.

Even if we do smash you guys in the middle, we have real trouble converting it into scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back