Preview Round 2 - Geelong Cats v Brisbane Lions Friday, 26th March GMHBA 6.20pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Answerth has been given a 2 match suspension in the match he played, wont be eligible to play until Round 4...And if he isnt picked, he has to serve the two matches in the first 2 rounds of the VFL instead.
That's a loophole? We just select him in the next 2 matches v the Cats and Pies knowing full well he can't play and he's served his suspension, or am I reading that arse about?

That's a loophole? We just select him in the next 2 matches v the Cats and Pies knowing full well he can't play and he's served his suspension, or am I reading that arse about?

Ill let Michael...Try and somehow explain it lol

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So under today's rules, how many weeks would Vossy have copped for that hit?
Voss is a star brownlow medalist A grader there is now way the AFL would.. oh crap Danger just got 3.
Maybe they take each tribunal case on merit not who you are.
Until next week folks :) Chook tribunal Lotto :)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Soooo....

Young Noah Bradshaw posting on FB tonight that Tom Berry is in the team for Friday night (likely at the expense of MRobbo), but Ely is not.

Someone really needs to tell the kids to use a burner account if they’re going to post on Lions socials.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
Soooo....

Young Noah Bradshaw posting on FB tonight that Tom Berry is in the team for Friday night (likely at the expense of MRobbo), but Ely is not.

Someone really needs to tell the kids to use a burner account if they’re going to post on Lions socials.
You lost me at Noah Bradshaw.

....who?

Soooo....

I mentioned Tom in the Preview of the game but never for one minute actually thought it would happen.
But forward pressure was something we severely lacked in the game against Sydney. And he played quite well against them in the first half last year when we played Geelong in Sydney.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I mentioned Tom in the Preview of the game but never for one minute actually thought it would happen.
But forward pressure was something we severely lacked in the game against Sydney. And he played quite well against them in the first half last year when we played Geelong in Sydney.
No problems with Tom as an in but Ely must be soon...

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He's up there with pressure and gets there with speed.
Just gotta slow down before he throws it on the boot , and he'll be great.
But he replaces Robbo then I can handle that, just don't want too many players on the park just banging away.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Tom Joyce on the plane as well apparently. No Mathieson.
Very interesting. Wasn't Matho the sub last week? I thought we'd want big bodies vs Geelong but maybe Danger being rubbed out changes things.

It'd be great to see Joyce get a run though. I want every player to get a chance at the top level before they get delisted, if they're showing reasonable promise.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Very interesting. Wasn't Matho the sub last week? I thought we'd want big bodies vs Geelong but maybe Danger being rubbed out changes things.

Sounds more like a need for speed with Berry, Joyce and Sharp preferred to Robbo, Matho, CEY, ESmith and Robertson

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know its hard to tell what he did last year but Im surprised by the TBerry call. He may be fast and provide pressure but he didnt do much else - barely touched the ball. Im not certain that he knows where to run. And we already have other similar low possession players in the team - like Coleman. I know that possessions isnt the only thing to measure a player by but without the ball you cant win

Also leaving Ely out seems strange. Talked up all pre-season as a standout. Gets one practice game and played reasonably - not the best but far from the worst. Named as a standout and pulled from the reserves as an emergency. Honestly a little bemusing as from what I can see he has outperformed several more senior players

Sounds like Eli's role is just one we're well covered in at the moment. Either that or there's something specific we have him working on... I'm hopeful he'll be a Jack Crisp type, without the move to Collingwood. Takes a while, suffers in the 2s, and then hits the big stage and cements himself.

TBerry - I have a lot of hope for him. He has work to do, sure, but his 2nd efforts are very valuable. Didn't think he was bad with ball in hand last year either (not great, but fine).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back