Preview Round 2 - Geelong Cats v Brisbane Lions Friday, 26th March GMHBA 6.20pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Our lack of speed in the defensive half was fairly obvious last week. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bailey playing a bit deeper in defence tomorrow night.

Expect our mids to bounce back.

If we turn up think we can beat them minus Danger, Duncan and Menegola. Scott said they'd look at a 'like for like' for Dangerfield, I don't know who they have who can butcher it quite like Danger can.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Can someone please explain to me why Birchall is still in the team and what he offers us?

I am genuinely curious to see what I am missing here.

Only thing I can think of is need someone with experience and a level head down there given it'll be a parochial Geelong crowd. That's all I have.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not surprised about the lack of changes but the one we did make was interesting.

Both Coleman and Berry bring good pressure but Berry is far superior in contested possessions and Coleman has far better skills.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Bit surprised Sharp still in, tackling on him was Lewis Taylor level.

youneverknow22

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fages clearly backing them in as he usually does. A similar output would have to see the axe swung.
The problem is our season is practically on the line here. 0-2 is almost impossible to come back from. He's hedging his bets on a lot of players who shouldn't be there and if it backfires, then what? I love Fagan as much as the next person, but he's afraid to make big changes. I don't think he's ever done it as he usually sticks to his guns. I don't mind this, but you can't keep players in who are out of form. I hope it works out this weekend, but if we lose, he should face some of the blame for being too static with his selections.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The problem is our season is practically on the line here. 0-2 is almost impossible to come back from. He's hedging his bets on a lot of players who shouldn't be there and if it backfires, then what? I love Fagan as much as the next person, but he's afraid to make big changes. I don't think he's ever done it as he usually sticks to his guns. I don't mind this, but you can't keep players in who are out of form. I hope it works out this weekend, but if we lose, he should face some of the blame for being too static with his selections.

One bad game isn't out of form

youneverknow22

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
One bad game isn't out of form

Are we talking about Birchall or Robison? I think the general concenus here is that they are both out of form. Sharp is also too green. I also don't like the idea of us taking out a player who actually has pace. We need speed, and we're a slower team this week than we were last week.

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Season on the line??

Oh come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back