Preview Round 2: Gold Coast Vs Fremantle - B̶r̶a̶d̶ ̶L̶l̶o̶y̶d̶ Peter "Feather in my cap" Bell Tribute Match

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Round 2: Gold Coast Vs Fremantle

For the record, last years Brad Lloyd tribute match not winning thread of the year was bullshit.

Another year and it is another Brad Lloyd Tribute Match. What? Brad Lloyd left? Why? Tell me more? WHERE HAS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR GONE!?

I can confirm that Brad Lloyd has in fact handed in his popped collars and departed the FFC after a successful tenure of chief negotiator. Clubs all around Australia (especially those on the Gold Coast) could be heard breathing a sigh of relief as he wandered over to the East coast to take up a job with the the most entitled, silver spoon fed, cheating and grubby club in the land. No, not Essendon, Carlton.

Fittingly, he shall only be referred to as "That bloke who fisted Gold Coast

But the night is darkest before the dawn. Enter, our lord. Our saviour.

Peter "Feather in My Cap" Bell

1553592171114.png
Image: Peter Bell, our lord and saviour (Photo Image supplied by Church of Belly)

Bell was appointed after an exhaustive search where they looked at only the best candidates. And like any well ran major sports organisation, shock me purple, HE WAS WITHIN THE CLUB ALREADY! Cricket Australia and the AFL were pleased to hear they were excited to hear an organisation such as FFC would follow their lead.

After being thrown into the job right before trade week he had massive collars to fill and made no efforts to hide his ambition in bettering "That bloke who fisted Gold Coast's" effort last year.

Being one of the few blokes that could have an eye to eye conversation with Lachie Neale it is rumored that he offered him a 4 year $400k extension to his contract. After being offended by this offer Lachie Neale promptly requested a trade to some nuffie club which was granted with minimal fuss and no posturing whatsover. This lead to what old mate Budding Rascal Ross Lyon has been coveting for years.

A forward line.

Rory Lobb? In.
Jesse Hogan? In (baggage and all)
Travis Colyer? In (Who you may ask? No idea.)
Reece Conca? In (Bit of a thug but he is no Andrew "coward puncher" Gaff)

Some mature bodies to support the young brigade and some tall timber to do the whole "kick goals" thing and

And after his first 10 days in the job, Peter Bell has brought the club back into some semblance of relevance and personnel that may actually be able to execute the game plan that Ross Lyon has refused to change since 2007 (seriously, do people actually believe he hasn't evolved AT ALL?).

Cue round 2, 2019.

Not sure if you are aware what happened to in Round 1 V's LOLzNorf but in case you missed it, get out the moisturiser and tissues and enjoy yourself:

It was the best start to the season we could have dreamed off. With all the pessimists in the pre-game thread predicting a lolzNorf victory (yours truly included) maybe we aren't as bad as we thought? Maybe the rebuild is actually working. Holy moley.

A single swallow doesn't make a summer. But a single Swallow with a knee injury is going to be bloody tough for the Gold Coast. Luckily for all involved David Swallow looks like he will get up for this weeks game which is looking to be a cracker!

Fremantle probable team:

1553594428744.png

Gold Coast possible team (zero research):

1553594540516.png

Since cutting the greatest waddler the game has seen, Gold Coast probably deserve a few years of mediocrity. Just like the last team to cut him......

Where the game will be won:

The Key Forwards

That's right. Forwards. Plural.

We have soooooo many forwards. Even with Brennan Cox and Huge Dixon pulling their muscles and being unavailable we will replace old spud mate Ballantyne (thanks for your service but seriously, * off) with Jesse "MDMA" Hogan who will come in and go BANG!

Like, BANG! the nightclub.

Gold Coast to have no response to our tall timber with Sam Collins in particular to show why he was cut by us, despite all the sooking from BF posters who thought he could be good. Guess what? He's not.

Hogan to kick 2
Taberner to kick 3
DARDY McCARTHY to kick another 5

[IMG='width:383px;']https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/attachments/untitled-1-png.478183/[/IMG]

(Some guy that used to play for Gold Coast and the GRABERNOR)

Weller Vs Brayshaw

For no reason other than we made out like bandits in that trade

upload_2018-4-2_21-44-50-png.478187

(Yes, I recycled this from last year. Still relevant. Weller is a spud)

Final Prediction:

Fremantle to win by 23 points
Fyfe for BOG with 20 CP's
Taberner with 4 Goals
Rain to pour down making it a horrible affair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nice one!

reckon Jack Martin likes theme parks? hope a few of our boys have a quiet word in his ear about the waterslide at Cockburn ARC being way better than Wet n Wild, and that Dreamworld is a pale imitation of Adventureworld

Great write-up. Did LOL at the Gold Coast team sheet.

Forecast for Sunday is good, albeit with rain on Saturday.

Hoping Hogan comes in for Ballas and we win by plenty.

I can remember most of GWS' inaugural players, but who the hell is Alik Majin? Marc Lock? I at least remember Michael Coad cause he was on my bench in fantasy one year!

Should be a win, Gold Coast have some talent but the side is still meshing together and I think losing to the Saints isn't a very good look.

Making my first Mecca to the football holy lands of Metricon Stadium this week. I only have three wishes: (1) release the Hogan (2) don’t rain during the game (3) win by 10+ goals.

Thanks Belly

Normally you would bring in the ex-player in Matera to give insight on his old team. But since he has left, the graduates from the past two seasons at Gold Coast "the AFL's Creche" Suns have moved on to their new homes, and most of the current team were still sitting in high school chairs last time Matera ran out in Meima's colours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back