Preview Round 2: Gold Coast Vs Fremantle - B̶r̶a̶d̶ ̶L̶l̶o̶y̶d̶ Peter "Feather in my cap" Bell Tribute Match

Remove this Banner Ad

If Gold Coast are a bigger test than I think then we are in trouble and Ross Lyon will be looking for a new job at the end of the season.

A team at our stage of rebuilding should easily account for Gold Coast.

Gold Coast have a lot of talented youngsters. They play well in the earlier rounds of the season, before inevitably dropping away. This is round two, so they will be up and about. Martin is likely to have a once a year game.

They are playing at home, and we are playing away. We have not been a strong away team over the last few years.
In the JLT, our forward line didn’t gel. Just because it did last week doesn’t mean it will this week.

The conditions may count against us. The Eagles have certainly claimed that as an excuse.
We are playing a new game plan. It worked round 1, but it may take a few weeks before everyone can consistently play to it.

We should beat Gold Coast, but it shouldn’t be taken for granted.

Reigning premiers SHOULD have beaten a bottom 4 side from last year and got thumped. Does that mean their season is a write-off?

Footy is a strange game and progression is not always linear.

Who said if we lose to the Gold Coast the season is a write off?

Where we are at in our rebuild we SHOULD be beating Gold Coast.

If we don't, get the pitch forks put OR Gold Coast (and by association St Kilda) are likely much better than anyone thinks they are.

I come in peace. Genuinely looking forward to our match tomorrow. Will be a very big test for our boys. I’m not going to lie I am worried after witnessing what you guys did to Norf. All the best for tomorrow and the rest of your season.

Genuinely looking forward to playing your boys. I don't think it will be easy. Two young teams testing each other's metal.
Good luck to you team, but Freo by 20.

I come in peace. Genuinely looking forward to our match tomorrow. Will be a very big test for our boys. I’m not going to lie I am worried after witnessing what you guys did to Norf. All the best for tomorrow and the rest of your season.

Hang on....

BigFooty auto edits l o l n o r f to be lolnorf but you can still use Norf?

LolzNorf it is!

(Also, we were good but lolzNorf were bloody abysmal.)

You guys on your home deck should be far more competitive than they were and if everything goes right for you and wrong for Fremantle you could come away with the win.

Cue pitchforks.

We ended up 3rd youngest and 3rd least experienced for the round. Pretty even demographics but think we have a few more A graders in our 22.

Be confident but not arrogant.

Who are 2nd if Suns are youngest and Freo are 3rd?

Edit: WB 24y7m; 73.7 games. Carl 24y8m; 78.1 games.

Last edited:
Couldn’t ask for a better day for footy! Not a cloud in the sky. Going tall does come with a warning: a severe rain warning that is. It’s gonna be raining goals today!!!!

Disclaimer: forecasts are known to be inaccurate and forecaster sometimes gets ahead of himself

Have watched Cerra’s last few games very closely and he’s confirmed to be an absolute rolls Royce.
He does so many little things that open up the game and his disposal off both feet.
Expecting big things again today.

Have watched Cerra’s last few games very closely and he’s confirmed to be an absolute rolls Royce.
He does so many little things that open up the game and his disposal off both feet.
Expecting big things again today.
Yeah, I paid a lot of attention to him when I watched a replay of last weeks game, silky smooth mover, great hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back