JEDi 44

Club Legend
Feb 16, 2016
bevo's house
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
footscray bulldogs
I read the thread long enough to come across your ridiculous suggestion to drop Wallis for Cordy. Wallis is a proven midfielder and top 10 B&F finisher, and you want to drop him after one average game for an inexperienced defender. Your suggestion is even more farcical considering you could have made the case for Hamling to come in instead.

The MC went no change, and Hamling is an emergency. No sight of Cordy. I'm happy to side with them.
and did you read on?

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not sure why they dropped Acres. Seemed to go pretty well last week and is the exact area they should have been bolstering (ball winning ability).

I don't think Gresham should have remained in the team. Sure he has line breaking ability but he only got the ball 9 times. I think they missed a trick here. Steven/Montagna/Armitage don't fire in the middle then who will????

Doggy Dan

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Going with some 'aints supporters, really hope we can smack the bejesus out of them, but I have mellowed a bit on Stuart Diver, he has played long and hard enough to deserve some respect.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Going with some 'aints supporters, really hope we can smack the bejesus out of them, but I have mellowed a bit on Stuart Diver, he has played long and hard enough to deserve some respect.
Respect and hatred aren't mutually exclusive. ;)

Off the field I've found I've liked him more as time goes on, he had the personality of a brick early days. Has my respect for the way he and his family have handled themselves with the illness and then passing of Maddie. On the field, the obvious pain he has caused aside, I don't mind him. Not my favourite player to watch but a gun for a long time no doubt. That mark against Sydney is still one of the best you'll ever see.

I quite like Riewoldt.

Pretty much hate everything else about St Kilda. Absolutely everything. I associate many of my worst times at the footy with the colours white black and red.

Glad to see other Doggies sharing the hate.

So fed up with Mark Fine and others talking about the Saints 'great comeback' last year without mentioning Clay's knee injury.

Do it for Clay, do it for us, just do it.

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The biggest danger to us this week is getting ahead of ourselves. On paper, the Saints just don't have the talent or class to go with us, but they've got enough grunts and plodders to make a fist of the contested ball and get it moving their way. We need to come out with the same attitude as we did in the Freo game.

We're a very different side to the one that got dragged into that slog with the Saints in the second game last year, and I think the Saints are trying to play at a faster pace, which will suit us perfectly.

Not concerned about Rough v Hickey - Hickey had 10% of his career hitouts last week. The fact it was his 46th game should tell you everything you need to know. A regression to the mean may be on the cards this week.

The defence by committee should be effective again. I think the McCartin inclusion is a win for us, as he's a great matchup for Adams and unlikely to offer much resistance as we run it out of defence. They'll need a big game from Riewoldt if they're to stay with us and he's capable of producing something special in his big game. Keen to see what Bev has planned for dealing with his run.

Hoping Stringer turns it on again, would love another 5+ show to top off a win.

I dont want to just win this game tomorrow, I want to crush St kilda, crush any hope they have for the season, crush Rievoltings fairytale 300th, just outright destroy the hearts of every St Kilda supporter in the country.

I want a bloodbath doggies, quietly confident too
I always knew you were a sensitive, caring, inclusive sort of bloke. :thumbsu:

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I dont want to just win this game tomorrow, I want to crush St kilda, crush any hope they have for the season, crush Rievoltings fairytale 300th, just outright destroy the hearts of every St Kilda supporter in the country.

I want a bloodbath doggies, quietly confident too

I share the sentiment doggies ftw I absolutely hate them now. Use to like their club but there big footy posters really have turned me against them. Some of the statements they have made this week are absolutely laughable which include;

- Dogs are too heavily reliant on their old players (absolute lol)
- one dimensional and lack any decent spine
- "our kids are just as talented as the dogs kids" its just that they haven't proven themselves in any way shape or form
- Turning up for grand finals means the same thing as winning them

I really really hope we absolutely crush them. They will probably make a game of it though as they always do against us, but hopefully not this time around.

I respect Riewoldt though. He has been an extraordinary player!

Ghenghis

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2012
Clifton Springs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
there is no other team
Honestly didn't expect 0 changes. Expected maybe 1 or 2. But happy to see Bev sticking with the same side and backing them in. Saints match up really well against us, we need to go in with the same mentality we had against Fremantle.
After last weeks effort, 'no change' was a lock.
The only possible change would have to relate to injury or 'soreness'. Mclean did get hammered more than once last week and both Dunkley and Dahl also copped a fair bit.
The emergencies are a perfect fit for every eventuality.
Campbell - covers Rough and/or Toyd if they don't pull up.
Hamling - covers Wood, Adams or Morris.
Adcock - covers Moyd, Murph, McLean or any of the midfielders or forward flankers.

If it aint broke, don't fix it....

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
just venture over to the saints board. We really don't like each other do we ?
This one has a bit of feeling between it!

All in fun though. This is what makes footy great.

We're like two brothers that compete, but right now we've had a growth spurt and we're getting all the sports ribbons while they're ripping bongs with the druggo kid down the street with a bad hip.

Dec 18, 2003
Braybrook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sunderland, Willy Wolves
I quite like Riewoldt.

Pretty much hate everything else about St Kilda. Absolutely everything. I associate many of my worst times at the footy with the colours white black and red.

Glad to see other Doggies sharing the hate.

So fed up with Mark Fine and others talking about the Saints 'great comeback' last year without mentioning Clay's knee injury.

Do it for Clay, do it for us, just do it.

Or that we played Sydney in the wet the week before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back