Preview Round 2 Lions at Home v Dockers Away (well 73klm away)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outs- Marcus Adams.

Ins- Grant Birchall.

The other change I see as a possibility is Callum Ah Chee in for Deven Robertson, I also want to see Jack Payne given a run before too long, unlikely for this game though.

Platinum memberships 1st with 25 years + will do me fine
Or life members and then their is foundation members.
I am Gold member and am certain i will be watching the game on TV just like everyone else.

It is on TV isn't it. Read somewhere that negotiations have not been finalized for rest of 2020.
The usual all Lions & Suns games live to Brisbane not certain. Only round two is locked in i believe.

I am Gold member and am certain i will be watching the game on TV just like everyone else.

It is on TV isn't it. Read somewhere that negotiations have not been finalized for rest of 2020.
The usual all Lions & Suns games live to Brisbane not certain. Only round two is locked in i believe.
I am a gold member as well.
And, they bloody better broadcast the Lions games in Brissie or else the pitch forks will come out!

I wouldn't drop Bailey, was looking seriously impressive in the pre-season. Could be as simple as Birchall in for Adams especially since McCarthy might not play. Would love to get Payne in there somehow.
Absolutely love to see Payne in there given a block of 3 or 4 games. IF Hogan was playing I think Payne would have to be named. Also Sam possibly playing third tall as I think some of Dockers tall backs might be injured.

Now don't get too excited.
The present has not been opened yet
I have been doodling on the white board at home.
In anticipation of being able to see The Lions 🦁 in Action.
So as I mentioned in my last post, they better be broadcasting the games live.
92325366-EFFB-469C-ACD3-6EC58B21E461.jpeg

We are all guessing as to who may break into the side and who misses out.
Mitch Hinge is an interesting one as he was named as emergency in round 1.
That is a gauge as to how he was travelling at that stage.
Only resigned as a rookie. He is listed as 190 cm & 84 kg and turns 22 this month.

He impressed in his 2 games in round 9 v Adelaide and round 10 v Fremantle
He knows what close games and pressure is like. One point win against Adelaide followed by a 1 point loss to Fremantle
He had 14 disposals in each game but turned around his kick to handball ratio in game 2.
Adelaide:.... 4K-10HB-zeroT- zero score
Feemantle: 12K-2HB-3T- 1 goal

Only 4 days till we find out who has impressed the coaches
I have been doodling on the white board at home.
In anticipation of being able to see The Lions 🦁 in Action.
So as I mentioned in my last post, they better be broadcasting the games live.
View attachment 888414
even the lion looks excited
It is a Lion isn't it 🙃

We are all guessing as to who may break into the side and who misses out.
Mitch Hinge is an interesting one as he was named as emergency in round 1.
That is a gauge as to how he was travelling at that stage.
Only resigned as a rookie. He is listed as 190 cm & 84 kg and turns 22 this month.

He impressed in his 2 games in round 9 v Adelaide and round 10 v Fremantle
He knows what close games and pressure is like. One point win against Adelaide followed by a 1 point loss to Fremantle
He had 14 disposals in each game but turned around his kick to handball ratio in game 2.
Adelaide:.... 4K-10HB-zeroT- zero score
Feemantle: 12K-2HB-3T- 1 goal

Only 4 days till we find out who has impressed the coaches

even the lion looks excited
It is a Lion isn't it 🙃
I never was an artist 👨‍🎤

Thought I read that a deal has been done with 7, but Foxtel is holding out. But these are the new, future tv rights deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're allowed 1000 in the ground, it'll be something like corporates and the cheer squad.

Highly doubt that they'd go the Platinum 25+ year member route. Most of those fans are going to be older (no offence to any here) and used to going along and spectating in an orderly fashion. They'll want some kids, and some loud people, to make some noise and play up for the camera. That'd likely be the main focus.

Thought I read that a deal has been done with 7, but Foxtel is holding out. But these are the new, future tv rights deals.
Well i am now getting confused and after looking at the AFL link to broadcast guide (Brisbane) it states "no free to air" this weekend for Lions v Dockers
In case the link does not go to correct city.
Make sure that BRISBANE is indicated . It is just above the GREEN round 2 icon where you choose the city/region
According to this free to air Brisbane round 2 is only 2 games Coll v Ric and Geel v Haw.
Can someone double check this for me and confirm i am not seeing things

I just checked my digital TV guide and the Lions and Suns games are live on 7 mate

Below is a copy & paste from AFL site
Opps would not let me do copy and paste "to many images"

On a positive note, looks like both Hamling and Pearce are still injured and not available for selection this weekend. Both are very good tall defenders, so hopefully we can exposed that side of their structure.

They don't have many defenders who can actually defend. Hard to see us not kicking a decent total if our midfield at least breaks even.

🙃 Just noticed that the AFL have made our round 2 clash a little harder.
They hate anyone north of the Victorian border getting a fair shake.

For starters the Lions have to back up from round one with a shorter turnaround.
The Dockers played on a Saturday but we played Sunday for heavens sake.
Just not fair i say.
And of course if that wasn't bad enough they decided that our Gabba Home & Away record of only 1 loss in 2019 had to be addressed. More on that in a sec.

Back to that loss.
Why would the AFL make us play Collingwood in 2019 on a Thursday evening. I am sure our guys train on a Thursday. We never play Thursday.
Anyhow we turned up for training and got belted. At least the nation got to see us train.
Hardly unexpected i say.

So this year the AFL actually paid Fremantle's accommodation at a 5 star golf course on the Gold Coast. They can even bring family. What's happening here?
Have i mentioned things are not fair.
So our home ground advantage has been nullified as the Dockers only travel a measly 73 klm trip up the freeway. Not the usual 4000 klm.
Hope they run into some traffic. Something has to go our way.

Now it looks like the AFL have given us more pain with no free to air broadcast in round 2. Assuming the AFL site is correct.
The only thing i hope does not change is the AFL distribution to our club in 2020.
We were only given about $22 million last year so i suppose we will get stiffed with a reduced amount in 2020. Time will tell.

After all this I still think that even with all the odds stacked against us, we will come away with a win on Saturday.
It is still a Saturday game isn't it??.🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back