Preview Round 2 Lions at Home v Dockers Away (well 73klm away)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about rocking up to Wednesday afternoon training, but it looks like all training is at the Gabba atm.

Also thought I might cop a verbal slap down if I did.
If you turned up i think they would be nice about it.
Maybe just ban you from games for 4 weeks.
That would teach you a lesson

Our last game was on the 22/3/20 so i thought i would post the team named for that game.
One late change was Robertson in for Birchall.
Interesting that Hinge was named an emergency. I had forgotten about that.
From this team the only definite omission is Adams.
We got well beaten that day even though we had a few injuries during the game.
I my opinion their will be 3 or four changes
Players in italic could be in trouble.
Not that they are not good enough just could be for team structure.

LIONS

B: Adams, Andrews, Gardiner

HB: Rich, Birchall, Answerth

C: Robinson, Lyons, McCluggage

HF: Bailey, Hipwood, Rayner

F: McInerney, McStay, Cameron

FOLL: Martin, Zorko, Neale

I/C: Berry, McCarthy, Witherden, Starcevich,

EMG: Hinge, Robertson, Lester, Ballenden

Article on AFL site predicts each team line up for round 2.
Lions
In: AhChee, Birchall
Out: Adams, Robertson
They also mention Eagles a chance but he is not eligible unless someone is placed on long term injury list

Fremantle
In: Mundy, Wilson, Acres
Out:McCarthy,Crowden, Banfield

Reminder of some low stats from round 1 v Hawks
Lions players under 10 disposals round 1
Cameron 9 + 2 goals injured, Starcevich 9, Rayner 9 + 1 goal, McStay 8 + 2 goals, Gardiner 7,
Robertson 7 debut 68% game time, Adams 5, McInerney 4 + 11 hit outs

Players with 10 to 15 disposals round 1
Martin 10 + 12 hit outs injured, McCarthy 11, Bailey 13, Witherden 13, Berry 13, Zorko 14, Answerth 15

So from that game i would think these players are safe
Cameron, Rayner, McStay, Gardiner, Martin, Berry, Zorko if fit

Article on AFL site predicts each team line up for round 2.
Lions
In: AhChee, Birchall
Out: Adams, Robertson
They also mention Eagles a chance but he is not eligible unless someone is placed on long term injury list

Fremantle
In: Mundy, Wilson, Acres
Out:McCarthy,Crowden, Banfield

Reminder of some low stats from round 1 v Hawks
Lions players under 10 disposals round 1
Cameron 9 + 2 goals injured, Starcevich 9, Rayner 9 + 1 goal, McStay 8 + 2 goals, Gardiner 7,
Robertson 7 debut 68% game time, Adams 5, McInerney 4 + 11 hit outs

Players with 10 to 15 disposals round 1
Martin 10 + 12 hit outs injured, McCarthy 11, Bailey 13, Witherden 13, Berry 13, Zorko 14, Answerth 15

So from that game i would think these players are safe
Cameron, Rayner, McStay, Gardiner, Martin, Berry, Zorko if fit
How are Berry and Gardiner safe, but Witherden, Bailey and Answerth aren’t?

Wilson carved us up last game. Hill and Walters as well. Need to stop their rebound off half back.

It was mentioned by either Stef Martin or Cam Rayner in an interview during the week, that this is what we needed to stop.

Yeah you're right I think it was Stef

Playing at the Gabba should help which I think is narrow than Optus

Hopefully Hill does not get up for this game same with Hogan
thankfully no chance now that he’s (Hill) at the saints. It was clear at the game that day Wilson taking us on with leg speed and Hill working overdrive to get to the clear wings to provide the outlet option. We couldn’t stop the flow unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thankfully no chance now that he’s (Hill) at the saints. It was clear at the game that day Wilson taking us on with leg speed and Hill working overdrive to get to the clear wings to provide the outlet option. We couldn’t stop the flow unfortunately.
The better of the Hills has left but Stephen Hill is still a good player.
Stephen is getting a bit old just turned 30 and only played 3 games in 2019 due to injury.
In the context of my reply to jackess i did have the wrong Hill

Article on the HUN website says we're in talks to get crowds in a limited capacity to the Fremantle game. Fingers crossed.
Without seeing the article i would think it may just be corporate boxes.
Even that would be some change to restrictions so a step in the right directions
Clubs need to keep as much money as they can this year and corporate sponsorship so important going forward

By the look of the crowds huddled together in their thousands at protests over the last few days the emergency must be over, I'm looking forward to the decision to allow crowds in to games this weekend.

If there was a crowd of 30,000 there this Saturday afternoon I would have no hesitation in going along.

:brisbane:GO LIONS!!:brisbane:

By the look of the crowds huddled together in their thousands at protests over the last few days the emergency must be over, I'm looking forward to the decision to allow crowds in to games this weekend.

If there was a crowd of 30,000 there this Saturday afternoon I would have no hesitation in going along.

The demonstrations will be a good test over the next week or so, to see if case numbers rise around the Country.
So I wouldn’t be expecting any decisions on limited crowds in Qld before next weekend?

Australia has a right to free political speech. That's why NSW failed when they tried to stop their protest.

Australia does not have an established right to attend football games.

Australia has a right to free political speech. That's why NSW failed when they tried to stop their protest.

Australia does not have an established right to attend football games.
"free speech" protest/rallies are fine and stuff the consequences from the lack of social distancing, sounds a tad hypocritical to me. Why weren't people allowed "religious freedom of worship" and able to go to churches..... this coming from an anti-theist BTW.

Will be really interesting to see who we select this week particularly whether Robertson and Starc hold their spots. I kinda hope both play although I can understand if we go with more experience.

danger game too I think.

The demonstrations will be a good test over the next week or so, to see if case numbers rise around the Country.
So I wouldn’t be expecting any decisions on limited crowds in Qld before next weekend?
I was thinking that as well, although there was a crowd of 100,000 at the womens T20 world cup final in March (well over a month after the 1st virus case in Australia) and there wasn't a significant spike in cases... ditto for crowds at the 1st round of NRL games around the same time.

Will be really interesting to see who we select this week particularly whether Robertson and Starc hold their spots. I kinda hope both play although I can understand if we go with more experience.

danger game too I think.
Hard to tell given the 11/12 weeks between games.
With a bit of luck the fans may get some information about who is travelling well at training.
I assume they have had a scratch game recently so we might hear about that this coming week
Maybe they just want to keep Fremantle completely in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back